• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden II: The Official GAF Thread of Chaos

MCD

chapter 10 on master ninja:

fight 15 red centipedes, ok.
fight 5 golden fiends, ok.
now fight them together right before the save point, fine fine.

save and now you have to fight like 6 red big spiders and there is no shop near you, duuuuude *escapes*.

after that, retarded worms fight zzzzzzz.

guys im not kidding me and my friend on xbl just got a free 190 achievement points by watching ninja cinema in the leaderboards.

Go to Leaderboards then Karma Challenge then find no. 35 his gamertag is darkness c4wm. Press the right analog stick in to watch his playthrough. When it loads you will immediately get 190 points! Its the DLC achievments and the reason you get 190 and not the full 200 is because he doesnt have the last two achievements for it!

TP

Gizmo_Monkey said:
guys im not kidding me and my friend on xbl just got a free 190 achievement points by watching ninja cinema in the leaderboards.

Go to Leaderboards then Karma Challenge then find no. 35 his gamertag is darkness c4wm. Press the right analog stick in to watch his playthrough. When it loads you will immediately get 190 points! Its the DLC achievments and the reason you get 190 and not the full 200 is because he doesnt have the last two achievements for it!

Holy Shit

I thought you were advertising
I only got 110 though

:lol :lol :lol

I "unlocked"
All Gold
All Silver
All Bronze
Warrior of Missions

robot

Jeo said:

Holy Shit

I thought you were advertising
I only got 110 though

:lol :lol :lol

I "unlocked"
All Gold
All Silver
All Bronze
Warrior of Missions

:lol I got 160, probably because I have the other 30.

MCD

i see they didn't fix or rollback the update.

game freezes during one of chapter 14 cutscenes, the one where that priest tries to summon the archfiend.

clearing cache...

MCD

0ICLiGJhbC81CxoEG1tTVkQ1L2FjaC8wLzFBAAAAAOfn5-8Sra4=.jpg

finally.

dslgunstar said:
Random thoughts:
Oh, and the steps of level 10 is the most hilariously awesome battle in the game. Rack up so many hits with combo attacks that the combo meter lags and jumps straight into the high 60s, then to the mid 100s, etc. Love it.

Yup, the best battle in the game. I had fun using the Scythe's Ultimate Technique to kill all enemies at once, the game lags so badly though!

pete914

I'm new to NG in general, hacking my way through on Path of the Warrior. I've been doing okay so far, but getting my ass completely handed to me on the second boss. Unblockable attacks, my guard keeps getting broken, I can't seem to counter effectively like on other enemies, and I can't string together a combo for the life of me. I also don't have any health items, because I'm retarded and didn't buy any at the last shop.

I have-
Dragon Sword- Level 1
Claws- Level 2
Lunar Staff- Level 2

I've mostly been using the Lunar staff because I like the range and easy combos (newb staff, lolz).

Any tips or advice from the vets?

i had a maxed out dragon sword when i got to the 2nd chapter boss, it does a good amount of damage and is fast. He's tough to hit so it's best to make every strike count when it lands..i suggest starting over and work on maxing out the dragon sword.

MCD

pete914 said:
I'm new to NG in general, hacking my way through on Path of the Warrior. I've been doing okay so far, but getting my ass completely handed to me on the second boss. Unblockable attacks, my guard keeps getting broken, I can't seem to counter effectively like on other enemies, and I can't string together a combo for the life of me. I also don't have any health items, because I'm retarded and didn't buy any at the last shop.

I have-
Dragon Sword- Level 1
Claws- Level 2
Lunar Staff- Level 2

I've mostly been using the Lunar staff because I like the range and easy combos (newb staff, lolz).

the claws are more than enough.

stay away from him and when you see the opportunity, dash with X or Y.

just don't be greedy, deal some damage and move away, repeat for victory.

pete914 said:

I have-
Dragon Sword- Level 1
Claws- Level 2
Lunar Staff- Level 2

Use any weapons but preferably one of the level 2 weapons. Hold down block all the time. When he charges at you, dash away (just move the stick while still holding block)... he should miss and you dash back towards him and try and land a combo. When he does a combo hold block and try and tap x or y right when the weapons 'clang' together to do a counterattack. If you don't counterattack by the 3rd or 4th hit dash away because the next to last attack in his combos is usually a guard breaker and the last one will nail you.

With Lunar I would use either XXYY or XXXY. With Claws I would use any combo that starts with X. With Dragon Sword I would use YY or XXY. I wouldn't do XY with the dragon sword as it launches you up in the air.

Never jump. Don't get too far away from him or you he'll start throwing stars at you.

espionage

hey cool I didn't realize that I was in the top 2000 on the leaderboards so I was able to upload a video.

I went ahead and uploaded a video of me taking on the spider battle in Chapter 11 on Master Ninja. I won't say I'm really an elegant player (I think I burned through practically all my items before I could make it to the next save point), but if any of you are curious, my Gamertag is espion4ge.

Llyranor

McDragon said:

game freezes during one of chapter 14 cutscenes, the one where that priest tries to summon the archfiend.

clearing cache...
I thought it was safe :(

McDragon said:

clearing cache...

I'm in the same boat. Thought it was safe as well, but I'm freezing up late inthe 14th chapter too, in what I assume is probably the end of the game. Very frustrating. Haven't cleared the cache again yet, but will the next time I sit down to play.

brownqk

WTF?!!

I just received 210pts worth of achievements for watching some dude's Ninja Cinema. Is this normal? Will Microsoft clear my gamercard for "cheating?"

Wonderdog

Decided this weekend that after putting it off for a month, I should jsut go ahead and beat NG2. So, loaded up the game and blam, cutscene freeze in Chapter 10. So, I clear my cache and play offline. Now, I'm on the last boss with no healing items. Don't think I can pull it off and may have to start over. So freaking lame.

MCD

Wonderdog said:
Decided this weekend that after putting it off for a month, I should jsut go ahead and beat NG2. So, loaded up the game and blam, cutscene freeze in Chapter 10. So, I clear my cache and play offline. Now, I'm on the last boss with no healing items. Don't think I can pull it off and may have to start over. So freaking lame.
for the first and 3rd phase, use the scythe XXY aerial combo.

as for the 2nd, just use auto aim and dodge whenever you hit him to avoid his nasty blood.

HokieJoe

Does anyone know how to upload the mission score? I finished the game and wanted to upload my score at that point, but couldn't because I didn't apply the update. Of course, I didn't apply the update because it kept freezing during cut scenes. I bought the mission pack thinking it might rectify the situation, (plus I wanted to play them) but nope.

Cripes this sucks. I hope they can patch it correctly soon.

If it keeps freezing during a cut scene cant you just skip the cut scene?

Worked for me on the one cut scene freeze I've experienced so far. As soon as it started I just kept hitting A until it skipped it which happened to be before the point that it freezes.

dankir

Gizmo_Monkey said:

Guess this doesn't work anymore :s

Can't find that guys name and watched a whole buncha other vids. Do you have to watch the whole thing or just load it up?

Okay scratch that lol, got 210 pts hahaha He's ranked 36 now

Bebpo

Banned
So I finally got around to playing this (for reals) as I hadn't gotten that far when MGS4 came out and got distracted by a bunch of stuff.

I figured I would try to beat it before I start Vesperia tomorrow. It was going argh argh fun fun argh argh good until I hit chapter 10 this morning. I got to a cutscene that looking at the faq is right before the gold dragon fight and it froze. So I went off for the day and figured I'd give it another shot tonight...and it froze at the same spot.

The cutscene is unskippable so I can't just skip past it and it freezes at the same spot everytime. It's right when you get to the temple and here is a pic I took at where it is frozen:
ng2.jpg

I don't know what to do. I want to finish THE GAME but it seems there is no way to do that right now. Maybe this is fate telling me to move on to Vesperia. :\

Bebpo

Banned
I saw the above posts and I tried clearing cache and downloading the patch again...still froze at the same spot!

So yeah, I cannot complete NG2. Good job Tecmo, I want my $60+tax back.

Bebpo

Banned
Tried clearing cache and NOT UPDATING with the patch...and it works! So the patch is still broken and makes the game unfinishable, yay. Thanks, but I'll be staying unpatched until I beat the game.

G0DLIKE

I had the exact same problem Bebpo. Thanks for the help.
Great game so far! The initial difficulties are too easy I think.

Yeah, you have to NOT update the game after clearing cache for it to work. That's the point of clearing to cache, to remove the update.:D

And Yahtzee reviews NG2.:lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i wanted to start playing this, but what are the glitches associated with playing it completely unpatched? anything game-breaking i should be aware of or take measures to avoid? what a mess

HokieJoe

Bebpo said:

That's exactly where my game play froze as well. I used McDragon's suggestion to clear the cache. Worked a charm, but didn't allow me to upload my score because you can't be connected to Live unless you download the update.

i've had this for over a month, but haven't touched it yet. actually, it's still in the shrinkwrap. i hope they resolve the freezing glitch soon as i'm going to be ready to play it in the next few days.

Aske

So if I clear my cache to bypass the Chapter 10 freeze, will I be able to download the patch and connect to Live again when I hit Chapter 11, or does the freezing glitch persist for the rest of the game? I've had the tainted patch since Chapter 5, and had no issues with cut scenes freezing until now.

drohne said:
i wanted to start playing this, but what are the glitches associated with playing it completely unpatched? anything game-breaking i should be aware of or take measures to avoid? what a mess

Watch out for the worms in the acid pool on chapter 10. There's a save point right before it, and if you die and continue you'll encounter a glitch that traps you in the room. Just be sure to use manual saves and keep a couple on the go. But aside from that, there's nothing major. The disappointing lack of polish didn't spoil anything for me - this is still the best action game I've ever played.

MCD

Aske said:
So if I clear my cache to bypass the Chapter 10 freeze, will I be able to download the patch and connect to Live again when I hit Chapter 11, or does the freezing glitch persist for the rest of the game? I've had the tainted patch since Chapter 5, and had no issues with cut scenes freezing until now.
there is a freezing, unskipable cutscene in chapter 14, right after entering the door to the last boss.

So I just got this (£15 brand new for the win!)... what's the score with this update causing crashes thing I'm seeing people posting about? Should I wait to start playing?

Aske

McDragon said:
there is a freezing, unskipable cutscene in chapter 14, right after entering the door to the last boss.

That's a shame. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm just glad I bought the game day 1 and completed it once before all this stupidity began. It's crazy that recent buyers can't play through the regular game because the DLC needs a cancerous patch.

Hunahan

Banned
drohne said:
If it's completely unpatched, there's no problem.

The problem is with the update they sent out right before the mission mode showed up.

Hesemonni

Banned
The next time somebody gets to interview Itagaki, I would really like him/her to ask Itagaki what made him flush down everything that made the first game awesome down the crapper.

I really can't bring myself to finish this mess of a game.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hesemonni said:
The next time somebody gets to interview Itagaki, I would really like him/her to ask Itagaki what made him flush down everything that made the first game awesome down the crapper.

I really can't bring myself to finish this mess of a game.

Your loss.

Top Bottom