• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) Info from PSM

genmayav.gif

Dude, I've been meaning to ask, where did that sweaty guy come from? Tv show, movie? :lol

Raistlin

... but ... but ... what about 1080p :*(

Great that it will be 60fps. An optional 1080p/30 would be cool if doable ... but asking for 60fps seems to be more than most devs will do this gen, so I ain't pushing.

KGKK

Banned
Onix said:

Great that it will be 60fps. An optional 1080p/30 would be cool if doable ... but asking for 60fps seems to be more than most devs will do this gen, so I ain't pushing.

Don't worry, DMC4 is confirmed to have 60fps too:D

Wait people actually thought that this game was not going to be 60 fps for even a fraction of a second?

I must be on the wrong internet.

USD

Onix said:

Ninja Gaiden would be practically unplayable at anything but 60FPS. NG is pretty much DOA: the action game, and DOA would be horrible at 30. The speed of game play is too high for it to work at a lower framerate. It would also look pretty hideous.

Raistlin

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Wait people actually thought that this game was not going to be 60 fps for even a fraction of a second?

I must be on the wrong internet.

I think the issue is that many questioned whether the released pics would be doable at 60fps. A lot of people probably figured they'd need to scale back the graphics to get 60fps.

Just goes to show what a good dev can do on PS3.

Fady K

Dahbomb said:
The latest issue of PSM (April 2007) has a nice 10-page preview (and a featured cover ) on Ninja Gaiden Sigma with their own hands on experience with the game.

* EVERYTHING was redone for Sigma: backgrounds, enemies, characters, animations, textures, etc. * Game will make use of the SIXAXIS in one way by helping to power up Ninpo magic while casting it
* Sigma will be 19 Chapters long, 3 more Chapters than the previous 2 versions
* A lot of the new stuff is when you are going to be playing as Rachel
* Will run at a constant 60 FPS with full self-shadowing and in 720p
* New difficulty level above the previous ones
* Still talking to Sony about what the possibilites are for downloadable content
* Karma ranking system/online leaderboards will be intact * Karma ranking/leaderboards will be improved upon by letting you view the results for a player's run through for specific chapters and how many times they died, etc.

Rachel Specific

* Features own integrated story missions and own mission mode levels
* Anything but a new skin for Hayabusa
* Completely separate arsenal of moves and all new animations
* Will have a different 'feel' from Hayabusa and will require a different way of thinking to play as compared to her counterpart
* Will still absorb essence and such as Hayabusa

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=actionadventure&thread.id=81812

AWESOME!

Yoboman

Gold Member
I've never played Ninja Gaiden, this is going to be AWESOME :) Thought I'd post this nice little comparison

935677_20061219_screen031.jpg

561532_20040226_screen010.jpg

It's more like a remake then a port over. Good job, Team Ninja

Dahbomb

PS360 said:
Evidence?

This is sounding more and more interesting to me. Full install!!
No offense, but only a person living under a rock would be asking if DMC4 is at 60FPS. It was playable at TGS running at 60FPS, and it has been confirmed by Capcom time and time again to be 60FPS standard, just like ALL DMC games...

antiloop

I bet it will be delayed.. Seems like almost all great PS3 games are "late" this year. I hope the situation will improve.

xaosslug

dfyb

Banned
DarkJediKnight said:
genmayav.gif

Dude, I've been meaning to ask, where did that sweaty guy come from? Tv show, movie? :lol
i always assumed it was from some gameshow, but i have no idea. i took it, cropped him out, and put him in the other anigif.

Yoboman

Gold Member
xaosslug said:
they added a tree behind that house up on the hill, and a bunch more in the foreground--ZOMG, PS3 is a BEAST confirmed! ;p
I mainly like how all the replaced textures gives it a more rich, colourful look. NG had a lot of bland looking areas

DrXym

Schafer said:
You still need the disk in the drive.

I wonder why consoles equipped with storage don't include the feature to shove a game onto the HD. Like you say they could verify using the disc, or games could come with a CD-key that must be validated online before playing.

EmSeta

How about making a new Ninja Gaiden game instead of remaking the same one over and over? This is what, the fourth time they release it? (Xbox -> Xbox -> 360 -> PS3)

Midas

EmSeta said:
How about making a new Ninja Gaiden game instead of remaking the same one over and over? This is what, the fourth time they release it? (Xbox -> Xbox -> 360 -> PS3)

I don't think there's a Xbox 360 version, yet.

dfyb said:
i always assumed it was from some gameshow, but i have no idea. i took it, cropped him out, and put him in the other anigif.

His name's Peter Kay, He's a British comedian from Bolton or somewhere like that, does common people jokes, he's also on at the ABC in Glasgow soon, saw it in big letters yesterday.

linsivvi

Dahbomb said:
Whats the deal on the "full install" feature? So basically you can just rent the game and dump it on your harddrive? :lol

This is nothing new. Before the Slim PS2, quite a few JP major releases had this feature too. The game disc still needs to be in your drive for you to run the game. All PS3 games should support this feature if you ask me.

klee123

EmSeta said:

You know, some people have never owned an X-box before.

Midas said:
I don't think there's a Xbox 360 version, yet.

If there is, it'd be pretty redundant. Considering there are 2 versions playable on the system already.

dfyb said:
It's some British standup comedian. I forget his name, but he's pretty popular if I recall correctly. One of those types that just sort of tells anecdotes, like Billy Connolly.

EDIT: Beaten by the bickle.

xaosslug

EmSeta said:

this is to get the PS family in on the Ninja Gaiden awesome, in preparation for the upcoming multiplat release of Ninja Gaiden Next-gen. :D

Feindflug

The game sounds awesome, already have both NG & NG: Black but I'm definitely getting this!

60fps with full self-shadowing @ 720p ftw! ^__^

EmSeta said:

There is no 360 version. They released the original, then Ninja Gaiden Black with additional content and tweaked the gameplay a bit.

Sigma is likely laying the groundwork for a PS3 release of Ninja Gaiden 2, introducing the Playstation audience to the series. Ninja Gaiden 2 is supposed to come out next year, although it may be the year after given that we haven't seen a thing on it yet. But it's definitely in the works.

szaromir

Banned
LiveFromKyoto said:
Sigma is likely laying the groundwork for a PS3 release of Ninja Gaiden 2, introducing the Playstation audience to the series.
Sigma is most likely supposed to make some money.

klee123

szaromir said:
Sigma is most likely supposed to make some money.

It'd be more than making money, since they could have done it on the 360 as well, despite being redundant. It pretty much a given that the devs are trying to expand the NG audience, so I wouldn't rule out a PS3 version of NG2 in the future.

szaromir

Banned
We have to wait and see.
Maybe Sigma is supposed to be a Trojan horse to make people buy a 360 and NG2, since it's at least time exlusive;)

I'm not interested in Sigma since I already played through Black twice (+ Mission mode), but I'm curious how the final game will look.

theBishop

Banned
szaromir said:
Maybe Sigma is supposed to be a Trojan horse to make people buy a 360 and NG2, since it's at least time exlusive;)

Do you even think this is remotely possible?

Having your own tech running on a platform always benefits that platform. Look at UT3. Originally, it was PS3 and PC, but now its 360 as well in part because Gears got their tech running smoothly on 360.

If anything, Sigma points to limited exclusivity compared to the Xbox1 games.

Top Bottom