• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) Info from PSM

Skilletor

C- Warrior said:
And as fan you should know why -- the attack system in NG is based on dials, pre-determined sequences that involved XYXYXY etc. etc. -- attack based memorizations a lot like Dead or Alive (naturally).

DMC plays like Street Fighter Alpha/CvS2 etc with custom combos
where there is no long sequences to remember rather simple one button directional attacks that you can cancel in and out of to anything else. combo 1 cancel to stinger? or combo 1 cancel to hightime. It's because of this "infinite possiblility" set up that makes it hard to fully animate all possible chain connections.

err, beaten. But yup -- that's pretty much why.

Fixed.

eso76

dark10x said:
I'm glad they are maintaining 60 fps here. After DOAXBV2 (which I don't own, mind you), I was fearful that Team Ninja may have lost their way. DOAXBV2 is the ONLY Team Ninja game throughout their entire history to have run at a framerate other than 60 fps.

Doaxbv2 runs at 30 fps ??

szaromir said:
Maybe Sigma is supposed to be a Trojan horse to make people buy a 360 and NG2, since it's at least time exclusive;)

People ragged on szaromir for this comment, but I think there is something to this. I scrutinize any scrap of NG news pretty closely, and Itagaki has said he has been in meetings with Microsoft discussing the future of Ninja Gaiden with them, and that MS was well aware of Sigma long before it was announced. The conspiracy theorist in me says these meetings were all about negotiating exclusivity. Team Ninja has been perhaps the most loyal third party the Xbox has. (there is even a Prototype Xbox item in every Team Ninja game starting from DOA3)

I've heard RUMORS that Sigma was a power-play by Itagaki/Tecmo to get Microsoft to pay for Ninja Gaiden 2 being an Xbox 360 exclusive, and Microsoft took the bait because they want AAA action games to help round out their portfolio and rival PS3 exclusives like Heavenly Sword, God of War, etc. If this is deal actually happened, then releasing Sigma on the PS3 doesn't hurt Microsoft that much. It will build up a lot of excitement for the franchise again, gain more awareness and a bigger audience, and give NG2 a shot at selling a million units.

Now a timed exclusive deal is also a strong possibility, I guess it would depend on how bad Microsoft feels it needs Ninja Gaiden 2. I suppose all will become clear in a few months.

Yama

It's been a while since a console had such quality action games, at least from the start. Sigma, Heavenly Sword and DMC4... wow.

a Master Ninja said:
Now a timed exclusive deal is also a strong possibility.

Bingo. After Sigma, I'm nearly positive we'll see NG2 on the PS3. It may even be in a 'Black" fashion, in which case I'd be more than happy.

zsidane

Dahbomb said:
* New difficulty level above the previous ones

Wh..what? I cried to finish it on xbox...
They better fix the final boos difficulty cause it's some kind of joke: haven't died when fighting against him
unlike ALL the other bosses :(

Kittonwy

Banned
Skilletor said:

DMC3 borrows much from SFA3 (primarily because Itsuno was the director of A3), no it doesn't play like CvS.

Comparing DMC to VF is freakin' crazy though, if DMC was based on VF it wouldn't be anywhere nearly as fun as it was.

I don't get the need to put down NG at this point since the PS3 will have God of War, DMC AND NG. I will love them all and buy them all ON MY PS3.
Indifferent2.gif

They better fix the final boos difficulty cause it's some kind of joke: haven't died when fighting against him unlike ALL the other bosses :(

I think they already fixed that in Black. I had a tougher time with him in NGB than any other boss, actually (until I figured out the Ninpo/Unlabored Flawlessness approach).

If you beat him on Black with total ease, my hat is off!

a Master Ninja said:
People ragged on szaromir for this comment, but I think there is something to this. I scrutinize any scrap of NG news pretty closely, and Itagaki has said he has been in meetings with Microsoft discussing the future of Ninja Gaiden with them, and that MS was well aware of Sigma long before it was announced. The conspiracy theorist in me says these meetings were all about negotiating exclusivity. Team Ninja has been perhaps the most loyal third party the Xbox has. (there is even a Prototype Xbox item in every Team Ninja game starting from DOA3)

I've heard RUMORS that Sigma was a power-play by Itagaki/Tecmo to get Microsoft to pay for Ninja Gaiden 2 being an Xbox 360 exclusive, and Microsoft took the bait because they want AAA action games to help round out their portfolio and rival PS3 exclusives like Heavenly Sword, God of War, etc. If this is deal actually happened, then releasing Sigma on the PS3 doesn't hurt Microsoft that much. It will build up a lot of excitement for the franchise again, gain more awareness and a bigger audience, and give NG2 a shot at selling a million units.

Now a timed exclusive deal is also a strong possibility, I guess it would depend on how bad Microsoft feels it needs Ninja Gaiden 2. I suppose all will become clear in a few months.
Scandolous. Microsoft definitely doesn't want to loose that series.

Petrarca

Banned
snack said:
Scandolous. Microsoft definitely doesn't want to loose that series.

I've heard a different rumour.

NG wasn't a system seller in Japan, as what MS expected it to be. MS thought games like NG was what Japanese wanted. But then they found out that they were wrong, so now MS focuses on more games like blue dragon and refused to pay prime for NG franchise. So Tecmo bolted to make NG multi-platform franchise

Busty

Banned
Petrarca said:

NG wasn't a system seller in Japan, as what MS expected it to be. MS thought games like NG was what Japanese wanted. But then they found out that they were wrong, so now MS focuses on more games like blue dragon and refused to pay prime for NG franchise. So Tecmo bolted to make NG multi-platform franchise

In a word. Yes.

The very fact that NG is coming to the PS3 and as a AAA title with additional content and with real time and effort put into the graphics and presentation speaks for it's self.

Petrarca

Banned
so any date for this baby?

why is this thread buried? where's the excitement? so can I post scans here to start the excitement

JB1981

Petrarca said:

wow

PleoMax

Banned
Busty said:
In a word. Yes.

The very fact that NG is coming to the PS3 and as a AAA title with additional content and with real time and effort put into the graphics and presentation speaks for it's self.

If NG2 is exclusive to the 360, then it doesn't matter for MS.

PG2G

Itagaki seems like a pretty firm Xbox supporter. He's always really quick to distance himself from Sigma and admit that the only reason that Sigma exists is because his understudy (or whatever you want to call him) wanted to make it.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

XSamu

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
This thread just aint the same without XSamu, Team Ninja's biggest fan.
Lol, my ban was lifted so I used the search option to look for anything new, nice of you to think of me :lol

Anyway, this hurts. It really does, I really want it, but to pay 600€ for a console just to play this game... well atm I don't even have the money cuz I bought myself a TV.

I just fear for the Rachel gameplay parts, they shouldn't have done that IMO

I wonder if Itagaki will be able to match these graphics. It seems to me the graphics whore in him left and he ends up making excuses for not using next-gen feats such as real-time dynamic shadows.

Top Bottom