• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) Info from PSM

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I sure hope they put in an option for us LESS hardcore leet gamers like myself who actually threw the disc across the room for XBOX. WAY TOO HARD for me.... I made it as far as the church with that lady floating around and never could get past that... Tried for 5 days straight basically then chucked the disc in frustration. Yes I sux that bad.. SORRY

I would like a medium difficulty because im weird like this, I actually like to finish my games without having to use external means (cheats, etc!)

Dorfdad said:
I sure hope they put in an option for us LESS hardcore leet gamers like myself who actually threw the disc across the room for XBOX. WAY TOO HARD for me.... I made it as far as the church with that lady floating around and never could get past that... Tried for 5 days straight basically then chucked the disc in frustration. Yes I sux that bad.. SORRY

I would like a medium difficulty because im weird like this, I actually like to finish my games without having to use external means (cheats, etc!)
black already had ninja dog mode, you want something easier than that?

Apocryphon

They won't release it before summer and it'd be risky to release it in July. Mid-late August is likely.

It uses the same engine though yes? Just heavily modified?

Yoboman

Majik said:
They won't release it before summer and it'd be risky to release it in July. Mid-late August is likely.

It uses the same engine though yes? Just heavily modified?
They said everything is redone from scratch

Elios83

I really hope it's released this June, anyway it will be a great year for action games with God of War 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword and Devil May Cry 4.

Apocryphon

LiveFromKyoto said:
EB's got it shipping June 26th.

Oh then it must be shipping June 26th.

Summer is always quiet. Always.

It's not impossible, and if it was going to be before August it'd definitely be June but i seriously doubt they'll release it before "E3". A strong showing at "E3" and release mid-August would result in better sales.

The problem for publishers with summer, and summer in Europe especially, is that about half the continent shuts down from mid-July until the end of August. The US is obviously different but still sees fewer big games released than any other time of the year. Movie-tie-ins and sports games are the most likely and publishers will avoid launching in the same timeframe as games like Madden which is always a bestseller.

Yoboman said:
They said everything is redone from scratch

Textures, models etc. Not a new engine.

I was just wondering.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Elios83 said:
I really hope it's released this June, anyway it will be a great year for action games with God of War 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Heavenly Sword and Devil May Cry 4.

Yep maybe the best year for action games in history.

mckmas8808

Majik said:
The problem for publishers with summer, and summer in Europe especially, is that about half the continent shuts down from mid-July until the end of August. The US is obviously different but still sees fewer big games released than any other time of the year. Movie-tie-ins and sports games are the most likely and publishers will avoid launching in the same timeframe as games like Madden which is always a bestseller.

You are the 3rd person I seen say that. Why does Europe shut down in the summer?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
mckmas8808 said:
You are the 3rd person I seen say that. Why does Europe shut down in the summer?
Paid vacations. Lots and lots of companies here in France actually *shut down*during august.

Yoboman

Majik said:
Textures, models etc. Not a new engine.

I was just wondering.
Most engines are not started from scratch, they start from another one so I'd say that it most likely is a "modified" Ninja Gaiden engine. But probably so heavily modified the similarities are small.

Apocryphon

Yoboman said:
Most engines are not started from scratch, they start from another one so I'd say that it most likely is a "modified" Ninja Gaiden engine. But probably so heavily modified the similarities are small.

Well as long as virtually all of the assets are from scratch then it might as well be a new engine.

I loved the Xbox games and i still play Black quite often. Sigma is going to be awesome!

mckmas8808

Blimblim said:
Paid vacations. Lots and lots of companies here in France actually *shut down*during august.

So shouldn' that be a time where more people want to buy and play videogames? I mean more time on your hands equals more time to play the games right?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
mckmas8808 said:
So shouldn' that be a time where more people want to buy and play videogames? I mean more time on your hands equals more time to play the games right?
They aren't usually home during their vacations, the vast majority go to the ocean, with no game systems except the portable ones. Portable console have big sales numbers during the vacations.

Apocryphon

Most spend the days in the sun. France, Greece, Spain etc are fantastic places to be during the summer months. England sucks, even during the summer.

Apocryphon

SarBear said:
WTF? GTFO, now!

And lose half the audience Team Ninja currently has simply because of the eye-candy? I don't see that as a likely option.

[/sarcasm]

Yeah because an Okami-esque NG is even remotely possible [8|]

Hagi23 said:
I was thinking looking at Sigma how much better will NG2 look realistically?

should look quite alot better to be honest...considering HS looks much more impressive than Sigma anyway...wasnt it supposed be going for a different art style anyway?

peace

SarBear

Yeah because an Okami-esque NG is even remotely possible [8|]

Oh, it's possible, but man-o-man have I seen too many people overlook how incredible this game is only to awe in the visuals. A cel-shaded version would murder the image that Team Ninja has built up upon its consumers.

Wollan

nelsonroyale said:
should look quite alot better to be honest...considering HS looks much more impressive than Sigma anyway...wasnt it supposed be going for a different art style anyway?

peace

The potential graphics of NG2 depends a lot on if it's a multiplatform game I think.

Apocryphon

karasu said:
This game doesn't really look that good to me. But it's Hayabusa, so I'm there.

ninja-gaiden-sigma-20061219064539167.jpg

What?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm glad they are maintaining 60 fps here. After DOAXBV2 (which I don't own, mind you), I was fearful that Team Ninja may have lost their way. DOAXBV2 is the ONLY Team Ninja game throughout their entire history to have run at a framerate other than 60 fps.

By the way, that above shot (the tall shot) is obviously a bullshot...but the detail on that model is incredible. I mean, look at the handle of his sword even. There is so much detail in there.

spwolf

mckmas8808 said:

I think Germans maybe are more like US... but Spain, Italy, etc, are crazy.

In Italy, you have August, where 95% of companies close down and it is "collective vacation" month, so complete italy goes to vacation somewhere.

ChrisD84

Rhazer Fusion said:
I'll be getting this on day one. Ninja Gaiden is arguably the greatest action game of all time imo.

Not arguably, it is :p

As others have said, beat NG/NG:B many times but i'll still get a ps3 for this, its just that good.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
spwolf said:
I think Germans maybe are more like US... but Spain, Italy, etc, are crazy.

In Italy, you have August, where 95% of companies close down and it is "collective vacation" month, so complete italy goes to vacation somewhere.

indeed. we make room for the incoming tourists army :lol

mckmas8808

TTP said:
indeed. we make room for the incoming tourists army :lol

WOW! You guys are crazy. How does stuff function there TTP in August? Like how do you get food? How takes your order when you need to pay for your bills?

SapientWolf said:
It animates a great deal better than DMC. And this is coming from a hardcore DMC fan.

And as fan you should know why -- the attack system in NG is based on dials, pre-determined sequences that involved XYXYXY etc. etc. -- attack based memorizations a lot like Dead or Alive (naturally).

DMC plays like Virtua Fighter, where there is no long sequences to remember rather simple one button directional attacks that you can cancel in and out of to anything else. combo 1 cancel to stinger? or combo 1 cancel to hightime. It's because of this "infinite possiblility" set up that makes it hard to fully animate all possible chain connections.

Red Blaster said:
That's cause NG uses canned combos while DMC lets you cancel animations mid-move.

err, beaten. But yup -- that's pretty much why.

Top Bottom