• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some new game called "Maze of Trees"? [Etrian Odyssey]
Ace Attorney 5, will supposedly include an Edgeworth scenario. AA: Investigations being phased in to main series?
So this is what they meant with big announcement.

A new Yoshi's Island (NOT Yoshi's Story) made by Nintendo EAD (NOT made by Artoon) would make my year. Maybe this time they'll feel brave enough to actually call it Yoshi's Island 2.

Ace Attorney rumours are cruel, because no matter how false they might seem I always want to believe. :(

(Although if it is true and is basically part AAI 3 I'll be even more annoyed at the lack of localisation for AAI 2!)

The Alchemist Penguin said:
Ace Attorney rumours are cruel, because no matter how false they might seem I always want to believe. :(

(Although if it is true and is basically part AAI 3 I'll be even more annoyed at the lack of localisation for AAI 2!)
AAI2 will actually be that included Edgeworth scenario the rumor mentions. Believe!

Alrus

The "new project" from Alchemist, the famous visual novel company, is an entirely new "moe mystery" for 3DS.

Heh, Alchemist is considered a "famous" visual novel company? They mostly do ports or adaptation :/ They're more famous for their whining after the games bomb :p

Why did I have to glance in here and see that Ace Attorney rumour, now anything less will be disappointing.
Hang on, Capcom wouldn't localise it anyway...

Father_Brain said:
Latest round of supposed leaks, originally from (I guess) someone on 2ch, via esuteru (link NSFW). It sounds mostly plausible and consistent with the late-July round of rumors, but of course, grain of salt. (translation from Policenaut on the SA forums follows):

Here's the original Japanese text, in the event any of the above was mistranslated:
Iwata: *laughs*

[Nintex]

Nocturnowl said:
Why did I have to glance in here and see that Ace Attorney rumour, now anything less will be disappointing.
Hang on, Capcom wouldn't localise it anyway...
Get on your knees and beg for it!

wsippel

Banned
Alrus said:
Heh, Alchemist is considered a "famous" visual novel company? They mostly do ports or adaptation :/ They're more famous for their whining after the games bomb :p
Yes, that's the one really odd thing about those rumors: The other stuff is notable, but nobody would give a flying fuck about a new Alchemist title.

Additional notes: The Japanese text says nothing about Tri G specifically - it just refers to a new, exclusive MH for 3DS. Also, I think it says that Yoshi 3DS is a Good-Feel project.

[Nintex] said:
Get on your knees and beg for it!
I'm already down on them now begging Capcom for Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and begging Sega for Valkyria Chronicles 3! I don't think I can get much lower

qq more

Rumor said:
Ace Attorney 5, will supposedly include an Edgeworth scenario. AA: Investigations being phased in to main series?
If this is true then I'll be both happy and sad. Happy because OH MY GOD NEW ACE ATTORNEY but sad because fucking Crapcum wouldn't localize it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Princess Skittles said:
I though EO4 was already (sort of) announced?

Atlus announced untitled unspecified installments in SMT and EO when 3DS was announced. I don't qualify that as an announcement because the game may or may not have existed at the time and may or may not ever make it out, like that "Sword of Legendia" or whatever title that Namco supposedly "announced" for Wii.

qq more

Why would you do that? said:
Only if the music's good.

Rarely does the music in a game torn me completely off, but Yoshi's Island DS... man...
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Monster Hunter Tri G for 3DS, supports online play.
A Yoshi side scroller for 3DS.
New 3DS color: solid silver.
Super Mario Land 3D will have a downloadable demo.
Yes please to all of the above. Although please be a great competent Yoshi sidescroller developed internally.

Also, I think it says that Yoshi 3DS is a Good-Feel project.
Excitement killed. If true it will be easy as hell and tons of collectibles.

If true it will still be a good conference will still get MH3G and Yoshi. Hopefully we get new demoes, trailers and updates on games.

Somnid said:
It also says a new game by Made in Wario staff.
Really... I was just thinking about them earlier. If true, I could go for another Wario Land or Rhythm Tengoku, though I'd hope it's a Warioware Twisted+Touched for 3DS.

Lord_Byron28 said:
Excitement killed. If true it will be easy as hell and tons of collectibles.
Just because Epic Yarn was easy doesn't mean their new games will be. Wario Land: Shake It/Dimension wasn't so easy...

Only if the music's good.

Rarely does the music in a game turn me completely off, but Yoshi's Island DS... man...
I didn't think that the actual main theme was that bad in its first/standard form, but it was horribly overused to the point where we ended up with such horribly lame Cave and Castle music all working from that one tune.

monome

next colors are white and zelda themed.
Harware wise second nub should be unveiled since it was designed for Kif Icarus.
What s the point of showing Yoshi since Mario Land is not out yet,
Even if 2d it still is a plateformer.

Just because Epic Yarn was easy doesn't mean their new games will be. Wario Land: Shake It/Dimension wasn't so easy...
I've played Kirby and heard the same things about Super Princess Peach. I thought I read Wario Land was the same but I didn't really pay attention to it.

It also says a new game by Made in Wario staff.
I'm guessing Wario Ware since in the past they usually launched a new system with one. That, Rhythm Heaven and Tomodachi Collection are titles I'm sure Iwata is pressuring Sakamoto/SPD1 to hurry up and make.

BUT IT WILL BE BEAUTIFUL.
BUT IT WILL PROBABLY BE BORING AS WELL. Although maybe not will wait and see.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice rumors, but its suprising that so many nintendo related reveals are leaking.... did they fire/kill their ninjas ?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
cw_sasuke said:
Nice rumors, but its suprising that so many nintendo related reveals are leaking.... did they fire/kill their ninjas ?

They're probably bullshit. We run the 4chan/2chan gauntlet of rumours every time there is a Nintendo event, and 99% of the time they turn out to be bullshit.

vareon

Princess Skittles said:
I though EO4 was already (sort of) announced?

Yeah, it's more like mentioned that there's going to be an EO on 3DS, maybe it's time for an announcement. I think Etrian Odyssey is one of the few series that I don't see appearing on other platforms outside the DS family.

The wait for next week is going to be loooooong.

cw_sasuke said:
last rumours were seemingly from someone at famitsu, don't believe they can prevent that. Regardless, they are too good to all turn true, and if they turn out true, people will still be surprised and rejoice in happiness.

TruePrime said:
I can't beleive these rumors because of AA5. I would love to but can't.
Yeah considering they killed Megaman Legends 3DS, I can't see why they would decide AA5 would be a better/more succesful title.

Alrus

qq more said:
I know I'm quoting myself but looking back at the OST...

Ew

Yeah it was either really bland, or totally inappropriate for the situation... Really disappointing after Yoshi Island music was so great :/

Refugio

Lord_Byron28 said:
I'm guessing Wario Ware since in the past they usually launched a new system with one. That, Rhythm Heaven and Tomodachi Collection are titles I'm sure Iwata is pressuring Sakamoto/SPD1 to hurry up and make.

I'm surprised they don't have any 3ds games announced already. Well hopefully their first one will be announced at this thing.

Good Feel yoshi sounds good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom