• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmurphy

Father_Brain said:
Latest round of supposed leaks, originally from (I guess) someone on 2ch, via esuteru (link NSFW). It sounds mostly plausible and consistent with the late-July round of rumors, but of course, grain of salt. (edited based on translation from Policenaut on the SA forums follows, hat tip to Somnid):

Here's the original Japanese text, in the event any of the above was mistranslated:

Additional edit: There's something about God Eater for Vita alongside the above, so this would all become a bit more credible if that's in the Famitsu leakage tonight.
Correction needed about the silver 3DS. The original text is saying Silver Jiken 3DS, as in Grasshopper Manufacture's The Silver Case.

Those aren't unrealistic rumors, but I guess we'll see.

The best way to be disappointed is to expect realistic things and still not get what you want.

ShockingAlberto said:

The best way to be disappointed is to expect realistic things and still not get what you want.
A new Yoshi's Island game is very unrealistic. :(

ShockingAlberto said:
To wit: A new Yoshi sidescroller is not necessarily a new Yoshi's Island.
True, but it can still be as awesome!

Box of Bunnies said:
And fairly undesirable, after the turd we got on DS.
The game wasn't that bad. The game was a little difficult though.

rpmurphy said:
Correction needed about the silver 3DS. The original text is saying Silver Jiken 3DS, as in Grasshopper Manufacture's The Silver Case.

Now, that would be an interesting one - it's a game that could look quite something reworked to take advantage of a 3D display. It's also worth noting that the DS port vanished a wee while back, despite apparently being near-complete (I believe Suda said it was something to do with needing to remake it properly to fit current gamers).

rpmurphy said:

Thanks, edited that in.

ShockingAlberto said:

It's inevitable that this sort of event will disappoint on some level, so I might as well embrace that. *sigh*

Boney

Banned
What's certain is that 3DS' second wave of software will be announced. Problem is that if 3rd parties will follow

TheNatural

My Member!
I wish Nintendo would make a new Super Mario World in the SNES style. Not necessarily has to be sprites, but taking the colors there and making a platformer out of it in the mold of that Wario Shake It platformer, or Donkey Kong Country Wii. I've never understood why they haven't made a game in that mold again, or any of the "SNES style" for that matter - like a Zelda game styled after Link to the Past.

Gravijah

TheNatural said:
I wish Nintendo would make a new Super Mario World in the SNES style. Not necessarily has to be sprites, but taking the colors there and making a platformer out of it in the mold of that Wario Shake It platformer, or Donkey Kong Country Wii. I've never understood why they haven't made a game in that mold again, or any of the "SNES style" for that matter - like a Zelda game styled after Link to the Past.

Four Swords Adventures looks like ALTTP.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Cosmonaut X said:
Now, that would be an interesting one - it's a game that could look quite something reworked to take advantage of a 3D display. It's also worth noting that the DS port vanished a wee while back, despite apparently being near-complete (I believe Suda said it was something to do with needing to remake it properly to fit current gamers).

Your post made me wiki this game. Sounds awesome, but now I'm emotionally invested in that rumor coming true :(

JoshuaJSlone said:
If we gave up on every Nintendo game that didn't see a sequel within 4 years, I think we'd have given up on every Nintendo series.
I was actually hoping for a Yoshi game to be released on Wii, but that never happened. I'll take a Yoshi 2D Platformer on WiiU or 3DS any day!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
A little OT...but where are Famitsu news?
They haven't appeared yet!

GSR said:
Then again Famitsu promo'd a bunch of Vita games, so I wouldn't expect much Nintendo-related.

Well, not only that, but if they're holding an event in a week, why would they want Famitsu to spoil it?

GSR said:
That's a given - I was talking more about third parties who may show up at the event.

So was I.
If Nintendo is holding an event specifically to unveil games, then they won't show them in Famitsu first.

Father_Brain said:
Thanks, edited that in.

With the Silver Case thing, it also says the game they had in development for the DS has been shifted to the 3DS.

And Alchemist is not described as famous in the Japanese text, which I saw some people buzzing out over.

new Ace Attorney??!?

5xvd4o.jpg

GSR

AceBandage said:
So was I.
If Nintendo is holding an event specifically to unveil games, then they won't show them in Famitsu first.

I'm not so sure about that - I doubt they'd show off a really big third-party early (eg. Monster Hunter) but I wouldn't be surprised to see smaller third-party titles be revealed before the event and then worked into the presentation (think the 3rd party promo reels they always show.)

But it's kind of a moot point, since this week seems focused on Vita.

GeekyDad

Box of Bunnies said:
And fairly undesirable, after the turd we got on DS.

LOL What in fuck? Ugh...whatever. Was a great, little DS platformer. Sorry, if they ruined your childhood memories by giving us more of the same on two screen. Shit was tight.

And on 3DS, it would look fantastic. I'm still waiting for someone to do something along those lines in 3D. So far, Mutant Mudds seems to be about the only thing on the docket. Wish they'd port Muramasa over. All those layers of parallax would be a wet dream on 3DS.

GeekyDad said:
LOL What in fuck? Ugh...whatever. Was a great, little DS platformer. Sorry, if they ruined your childhood memories by giving us more of the same on two screen. Shit was tight.

And on 3DS, it would look fantastic. I'm still waiting for someone to do something along those lines in 3D. So far, Mutant Mudds seems to be about the only thing on the docket. Wish they'd port Muramasa over. All those layers of parallax would be a wet dream on 3DS.

Yoshi by Good Feel would look about as good.
Especially if they used the same style as Shake It.

hatchx

Banned
Gravijah said:
I just want a Miyamoto led Yoshi's Island 2 with 1080P 2D sprites. Is that so much to ask?!

Miyamoto is a busy man. Let him work on Pikmin 3 in peace.

EDIT: Beaten....and how!

GeekyDad said:

I don't have a problem with the idea of "more of the same on two screens". That'd be great. When something's not broken, there's no need to fix it.

I like a lot of YIDS conceptually. The different characters with unique abilities is a neat idea. The game just wasn't very well designed.

Gravijah

ShockingAlberto said:
Well yeah, I was more replying to the assertion of 1080p sprites in an internal Nintendo game.

Oh yeah you're right. Nintendo, 1080P...

What we need is 720P sprites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom