• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically we have to ask Nintendo upfront about a new console Pokemon Game, if they say "we don't comment on rumor or speculation" then its 99.9% true.

BurntPork said:
To be honest, I'm shocked that TPC(i) hasn't started an annual "Pokecon." I mean, Pokemon is easily one of the biggest franchises in the world, so such an event would generate a lot of money. It really makes no sense.
This sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

pramath

Banned
BurntPork said:
To be honest, I'm shocked that TPC(i) hasn't started an annual "Pokecon." I mean, Pokemon is easily one of the biggest franchises in the world, so such an event would generate a lot of money. It really makes no sense.
Along the lines of a Call of Duty XP, you mean?
I always thought that the Pokemon Championships were a bit like that. I mean, if I am not mistaken, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White were all announced at the Championships, weren't they?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
IceDoesntHelp said:
So basically we have to ask Nintendo upfront about a new console Pokemon Game, if they say "we don't comment on rumor or speculation" then its 99.9% true.

Would be better if they came out and said "We have no plans to continue the Pokemon franchise. It's dead."

If Pokemon did take a five year break, it would be.. interesting. Not smart, but maybe it would give the franchise a chance to reinvent itself a bit. I appreciate the changes made in 4th/5th generation, but I guess competitively, it doesn't appeal to me any longer.

pramath

Banned
IceDoesntHelp said:
Pretty much, yeah.
I'm on it, folks.

pramath said:
I always thought that the Pokemon Championships were a bit like that. I mean, if I am not mistaken, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White were all announced at the Championships, weren't they?

Both were announced in Corocoro unless I'm mistaken?

BurntPork

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
This sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Explain.

pramath said:
Oh, right. lol

EDIT: Actually, they were announced in Corocoro...

Alrus

Speaking of Pokemon typing, it's never coming to west is it? I really want that keyboard :(

Anasui Kishibe said:
I'm still very sad about AAI2, but surely hope they completely scrap Apollo and his crew for AA5

Apollo would have been a fine game if they didn't shoehorn Phoenix in it. I'm kinda pissed AAI2 isn't coming but I wasn't too fond of the first one (the last case really dragged and the Little Thief was just too much to suspend my disbelief), so it's "okay".

Alrus said:
Speaking of Pokemon typing, it's never coming to west is it? I really want that keyboard :(

Since it's designed to teach Japanese children how to type in Japanese using English letters on a QWERTY Keyboard, probably not.

pramath

Banned
IceDoesntHelp said:
That's the only way I see Nintendo ending Pokemon, when they themselves go out of business.
Pokemon might actually outlast Nintendo, since a third of it is independently held. In case that Nintendo does go out of business, we might see The Pokemon Company or whatever taking full control of the Pokemon franchise.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gravijah said:
Game Freak could buy out the rest of the Pokemon stuff and become Gods.

And they'll release a handheld console dedicated to Pokemon games. The console will of course, be in the shape of a Pokedex.

Gravijah said:
Game Freak could buy out the rest of the Pokemon stuff and become Gods.
Gods among men.
pramath said:
Pokemon might actually outlast Nintendo, since a third of it is independently held. In case that Nintendo does go out of business, we might see The Pokemon Company or whatever taking full control of the Pokemon franchise.
Potentially, it could. Maybe The Pokemon Company will make their own handheld, Put out 3 Pokemon games in the handheld's lifetime, download more Pokemon and more areas to explore for each game.
I'd buy it.
Edit: Wow, I was...beaten, would you look at that.

pramath

Banned
IceDoesntHelp said:
Potentially, it could. Maybe The Pokemon Company will make their own handheld, Put out 3 Pokemon games in the handheld's lifetime, download more Pokemon and more areas to explore for each game.
I'd buy it.
They'd sell it for $400.
And it would be sold out everywhere.

pramath said:
They'd sell it for $400.
And it would be sold out everywhere.
$400 with Pokemon: Purple/Orange. Starter Pokemon wouldn't be the classic Fire/Water/Grass type instead it would be Dark/Psychic/Ghost, 150 new Pokemon, with 10-20 new Pokemon every month. 48 gyms. The chance to go back to Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova in future DLC, for the low low price of $10 per area. You can also fight the gym leaders and Elite Four, and they have new and improved Pokemon. Can't forget about hard mode, where everyone has higher level Pokemon, and its harder to catch Pokemon, as well as harder to level up.

Okay I'm gonna shut up now, just going to disappoint myself when the next Pokemon Generation is announced.

BurntPork

Banned
pramath said:
Poke-con? Sounds like an incredibly shady name :p

Yes, but for the west, they were announced at their respective Pokemon World Championship events, right?

Oh lol. Pokécon. :p But the name's not important.

This is a Japanese event, though.

EvilMario said:
And they'll release a handheld console dedicated to Pokemon games. The console will of course, be in the shape of a Pokedex.
But all of the Pokédexes are based on the handheld that the game is on. Pokémon paradox?

pramath

Banned
BurntPork said:
Oh lol. Pokécon. :p But the name's not important.

This is a Japanese event, though.

Yeah, well...
Actually, a worldwide, consolidated Pokemon event doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. Wanna pitch it to TPC? :p

IceDoesntHelp said:
$450 with Pokemon: Purple/Orange. Starter Pokemon wouldn't be the classic Fire/Water/Grass type instead it would be Dark/Psychic/Ghost, 150 new Pokemon, with 10-20 new Pokemon every month. 48 gyms. The chance to go back to Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova in future DLC, for the low low price of $10 per area. You can also fight the gym leaders and Elite Four, and they have new and improved Pokemon.

Okay I'm gonna shut up now, just going to disappoint myself when the next Pokemon Generation is announced.
Dark/Psychic/Fighting won't work, since Dark is immune to Psychic though...

Also, it just sounds too good, so yes, stopping now sounds like a good idea :p

Wow I didn't realize that this was next week, scratch that TGS is also next week :eek:
I expect Nintendo to come out swinging, next week should be a good week.

madmaxx350 said:
Wow I didn't realize that this was next week, scratch that TGS is also next week :eek:
I expect Nintendo to come out swinging, next week should be a good week.

Yeah, it's coming up fast.... Man, I'm pretty excited about this, hopefully it actually lives up to the hype that they created with the announcement.

pramath

Banned
I honestly don't see how there could be a snap on slide pad attachment that actually works, unless it uses the touch screen as its base.

Gravijah

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Cartman86

Banned
Totally makes sense if it's a peripheral used for games like Monster Hunter where people would bother buying it. I doubt it would ever catch on as something for every game (see Zapper). Nor will it be built into the system... or will it? Nintendo would be crazy to do that.

Does the story say anything about how it technically works? Is it a touch screen type add-on?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
IceDoesntHelp said:
Moar like Pokemon Stadium 3.

Japan had 3 Stadium games! The first PokéSta was never brought out in the west. That one didn't include all 150 PKMN so its all for the best. Though I always kinda wanted it anyway.

Alrus said:

I want it to ;_;

BurntPork

Banned
StickSoldier said:
Is this guy credible? I still find it very hard to believe. I just don't know how they are going to make an addon that gives us another circle pad, unless it's something like that touch screen slide pad that the iPad has.
Which doesn't work on a resistive screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom