• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
pramath said:
Why hasn't there been a Pokemon related leak yet? Why, why, why?

February next year is more likely for a main series announcement, whether that's RSE remakes or 'Grey' or something else. GF hired a bunch of programmers and artists with 3D experience (normal 3D, not 3DS 3D) earlier in the year. They are working on something. It's just patience.

pramath

Banned
StreetsAhead said:
February next year is more likely for a main series announcement, whether that's RSE remakes or 'Grey' or something else. GF hired a bunch of programmers and artists with 3D experience (normal 3D, not 3DS 3D) earlier in the year. They are working on something. It's just patience.

The thing is, Game Freak has had 3DS development kits since 2009, and they also hinted at a big announcement later in the year.
I'd expect something Pokemon related to be announced next week, to be honest.

Box of Bunnies said:
Pokemon Gen 6 to be Wii/WiiU MMO with monthly subscription fee.
Oh dear God, I hope not.
Pokemon is begging to be made into an MMO, I agree, but the issue is that an MMO pretty much guarantees we won't be getting any more games in the franchise for a long, long time to come.

Gravijah said:
I just want a Miyamoto led Yoshi's Island 2 with 1080P 2D sprites. Is that so much to ask?!
The only post from you that I agree with. Hell! I'll even make the OT for any Yoshi game announced. :p

pramath said:
The thing is, Game Freak has had 3DS development kits since 2009, and they also hinted at a big announcement later in the year.

Pokemon Stadium 5 for Wii U.

In all seriousness though, GF is obviously working on something. Whether it comes next week, or not, something will come by March next year.

Shadowlink said:
I still haven't played that yet, but I heard it was pretty good. I'm collecting all the Yoshi games I haven't purchased yet too.
It was good when it came out but now it seems like I payed for a $30 tech demo.

pramath

Banned
StreetsAhead said:

In all seriousness though, GF is obviously working on something. Whether it comes next week, or not, something will come by March next year.

Actually, I honestly wouldn't mind a Pokemon Stadium at all... xD

BooJoh

pramath said:
Why hasn't there been a Pokemon related leak yet? Why, why, why?
Aren't mainline Pokémon games usually announced at Pokémon Festa and the like? I wouldn't really expect anything major here. A spinoff announcement would be possible though, I suppose.

Right now I'd settle for Pokémon Ranch on 3DSWare so I can empty my Pokémon White boxes of the hundreds and hundreds of Porygons they're filled with.

pramath

Banned
BooJoh said:
Aren't mainline Pokémon games usually announced at Pokémon Festa and the like? I wouldn't really expect anything major here. A spinoff announcement would be possible though, I suppose.

Right now I'd settle for Pokémon Ranch on 3DSWare so I can empty my Pokémon White boxes of the hundreds and hundreds of Porygons they're filled with.
Yes, but I'd throw tradition out of the window to gain my system some traction in the marketplace by announcing a major game like that. Plus, if I remember correctly, a past Pokemon game (Emerald, I think) was announced at a major event, so it wouldn't be entirely unprecedented.

BooJoh said:

Most of the time they are announced in Coro coro.(That's the name right?)

StreetsAhead said:

Moar like Pokemon Stadium 3. We haven't had a true sequel to Pokemon Stadium 2. Revolution was almost there, but was heavily broken. Only way to get other Pokemon is by connecting your DS, really? Is it that difficult to make it so you can choose from every Pokemon, instead of pre-chosen teams? How hard is it to implant mini games on a system filled with mini game compilations? Those were such party games too, I loved chopping down the logs as Scyther/Pinsir. I miss fighting the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four in console Pokemon games too. I demand Pokemon Stadium 3 for Wii U.

Well, one is coming and was a good way into development for Wii about 3 months before the 3DS Pokedex was announced. It was supposed to be announced already, but apparently upper management was unhappy with it remaining a Wii title.
Source?

pramath said:
Actually, I honestly wouldn't mind a Pokemon Stadium at all... xD

Well, one is coming and was a good way into development for Wii about 3 months before the 3DS Pokedex was announced. It was supposed to be announced already, but apparently upper management was unhappy with it remaining a Wii title.

pramath

Banned
StreetsAhead said:
Wait, really? Links?

GameE

StreetsAhead said:

Where did you hear this?

Gravijah

StreetsAhead said:

StreetsAhead, are you in the know? You've mentioned a lot of stuff recently like this.

StreetsAhead said:

What?

pramath said:
Wait, really? Links?

No links, this isn't officially released information.

And I'm not sure whether this follows the Pokemon Stadium 1-2 formula or the XD/Colosseum formula. Nor am I sure whether it's officially been pushed to Wii U.

P90

Box of Bunnies said:
Pokemon Gen 6 to be Wii/WiiU MMO with monthly subscription fee.

That would be a Pokemon game I would not purchase. I don't see how a true Pokemon game meshes with a MMO, nor do I want to. DQ X is messed up with MMO elements and now people want to destroy classic Pokemon gameplay? Yuk!

Gravijah said:
StreetsAhead, are you in the know? You've mentioned a lot of stuff recently like this.
Please do go on.

StreetsAhead said:

And I'm not sure whether this follows the Pokemon Stadium 1-2 formula or the XD/Colosseum formula. Nor am I sure whether it's officially been pushed to Wii U.
May I ask how you acquired such information
or is that classified?

StreetsAhead said:

Tell us everything you think/knows. Please?

pramath

Banned
StreetsAhead said:

So you're telling me that somewhere in Nintendo's vaults, there is a Pokemon Stadium 3?
With full high res 3D polygonal models?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
well i've been fooled by rumors before so i'm not gonna let them get me this time.

nope. not me!
NzySj.jpg

pramath said:
So you're telling me that somewhere in Nintendo's vaults, there is a Pokemon Stadium 3?
With full high res 3D polygonal models?

I'm saying that they're working on the next console battle simulator to include the 5th Gen Pokemon.

AlexMeloche said:
Tell us everything you think/knows. Please?

Haha.

1. Wii Battle Simulator for 5th Gen was being worked on. Management not happy it was for Wii in/around Feb/March.
2. It was due for announcement at some point this year already. It's lack of announcement says to me that it's been pushed to the U but I have no confirmation.
3. James Turner is directing a non-Pokemon game at GF that is 'nature-related'. Whether it is a full console release or a download title is unknown.
4. I did hear faint (like 4th hand) information that Retro was working on an FPS, but I am pretty sure that's BS, or at least my source was.

That's all that I'll say, because that's all I can.

And I'm no ninja.

StreetsAhead said:

Any idea who the developer is?

Can you get more info?

BurntPork

Banned
pramath said:
Actually, it was the Pokemon Company that hinted at announcements, so Game Freak isn't necessarily involved.

And Pokemon games haven't been at any Nintendo event since TPC was formed.

pramath

Banned
StreetsAhead said:
I'm saying that they're working on the next console battle simulator to include the 5th Gen Pokemon.

So we just need to storm the Nintendo HQ. Gotcha.
To arms, GAF!

pramath

Banned
BurntPork said:
Actually, it was the Pokemon Company that hinted at announcements, so Game Freak isn't necessarily involved.

And Pokemon games haven't been at any Nintendo event since TPC was formed.
Well, this is true.
However, again, considering that Game Freak has had dev kits for so long, I'd just say that an announcement of a new Pokemon game is pretty much long overdue at this point, tradition be damned.

Hero of Legend said:
Any idea who the developer is?

Can you get more info?

No, but my guess is that it's the same developer as the last titles.

And not without arousing suspicion.

Anyway, this is off topic and (understandably) probably not believable to most people. So we'll move on.

Oh and to the 1 guy going through my old posts, the survival horror Ice-Climbers reboot was a joke. Unless it's real.

BurntPork

Banned
pramath said:
Well, this is true.
However, again, considering that Game Freak has had dev kits for so long, I'd just say that an announcement of a new Pokemon game is pretty much long overdue at this point, tradition be damned.
To be honest, I'm shocked that TPC(i) hasn't started an annual "Pokecon." I mean, Pokemon is easily one of the biggest franchises in the world, so such an event would generate a lot of money. It really makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom