• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
On one hand, I hope this makes up for Nintendo's woeful E3 showing and we see some noteworthy new titles for a system that desperately needs them.

On the other hand this is Nintendo, and they still have Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion 2, and numerous other third party titles unreleased. It wouldn't put it past them to pimp the exact same games all over again.

Foffy

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
Honestly how hard would any of you laugh if that second analog rumour turns out true. 01net would become the new gospel.

I'd laugh and be mad. I could handle paying $250 and having the price drop after launch, but I'd be livid if the model I had would be incompatible with future software in a way.

I hated the DSi and DSiXL for those reasons, even if the exclusive things were pretty terrible.

Gravijah

EatChildren said:
On one hand, I hope this makes up for Nintendo's woeful E3 showing and we see some noteworthy new titles for a system that desperately needs them.

On the other hand this is Nintendo, and they still have Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion 2, and numerous other third party titles unreleased. It wouldn't put it past them to pimp the exact same games all over again.

Land.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
-Pyromaniac- said:
Honestly how hard would any of you laugh if that second analog rumour turns out true. 01net would become the new gospel.
Crows would become an endangered species.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
EatChildren said:

You know that's what this will be.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
17141865-lol-reaction.gif

EatChildren said:

they still need to announce a donkey kong/zelda/pokemon duh

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
EatChildren said:

You're right...

Keeping expectations low for now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
neo2046 said:
oops I have forgot

PLEASE help me to merge the thread or close this thread, thanks ! :D

I like your thread better. Just put that timer countdown into your first post :)

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
EatChildren said:

This is supposed to be their annual Nintendo conference usually in early October which is pretty much new game announcements for the next year. This year Nintendo pushed it up to mid September with a 3DS theme (due to the code red).

Door2Dawn

Banned
Nintendo 3DS new product announcement?

Wow that could mean anything. New software or new hardware? What will it be?

antonz

Wouldnt make much sense to hype a conference as New Announcements and just show old E3 things. It certainly wouldnt be exciting investors as said

BurntPork

Banned
Jinfash said:
No, that's for next year. This year they'll announce the nub peripheral.
And they'll show the secret button that makes 3DS grow a port for it?

This will be all about software. If they're streaming it, it must be big.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Oh shit, I just noticed that it said "new product announcement". It could still either mean new software or that second nub. I'm leaning towards second nub. Whatever happens, it better be good.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
An Advanced Wars and/or Fire Emblem announcement would make me a pretty happy Ambassador. It's about time.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
EatChildren said:

Other than that...it will be really damning if Nintendo comes out with a redesigned 3DS. Early adopters, and new 3DS owners who've bought it at the new low price on 8/12 would feel cheated and wronged.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Willy105 said:
Physically worried?
maybe he made a bet with someone saying that nintendo couldn't draw him in. if he loses the bet, he gets sent to the shadow realm.

you know, like in yugioh.

Sennorin

Banned
So, setting aside the bs-01.net-rumors: What new games would you like to see announced at this conference?

Stuff I´d like to see:

- Monster Hunter as the rumored "extremely big announcement"
- The next generation of Pokemon (maybe only screen or two, NOT a grey edition)
- Endless Ocean 3/Forever Blue 3 (would look amazing in 3D, I´m convinced about that)
- A Metroid-game (Preferably a Prime-style title, since 3DS has all the input options the GameCube had. But Other M 2 would be welcome, too)
- Picross 9D :)P)
- A major firmware update, introducing messaging with friends and a more comfortable structure for the eShop and your downloaded games (folders!)

Gravijah

guys... we could get new information on ANIMAL CROSSING 3DS!

YES!

Sennorin said:

so, RSE remakes. because we're not seeing anything on gen 6 anytime soon.

BurntPork

Banned
antonz said:
Wouldnt make much sense to hype a conference as New Announcements and just show old E3 things. It certainly wouldnt be exciting investors as said
Yes, but since it's Nintendo it must automatically be assumed that it will suck. It also makes GAF sad when good things happen to 3DS, the worst gaming hardware ever created. :(

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Pyrokai said:
I don't want the second nub. There I said it.
Neither do i personally. but i do want it if it means it gets 3rd party developers comfortable with adapting more games for the thing.

watershed

Banned
Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Thanks, awesome I won't have to stay up or wake up early to listen to Iwata and company speak Japanese and hopefully see some cool new games! Does anyone think Nintendo will release a English subtitled version of the video after or a transcript or something?

Nessus

Sennorin said:
- A Metroid-game (Preferably a Prime-style title, since 3DS has all the input options the GameCube had. But Other M 2 would be welcome, too)

Or, y'know, Metroid 5, a true 2D sequel to Metroid Fusion.

Give it really deep parallax backgrounds that show off the 3D effect well.

Plus, it wouldn't require a huge budget.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Sennorin said:
So, setting aside the bs-01.net-rumors: What new games would you like to see announced at this conference?

Stuff I´d like to see:

- Monster Hunter as the rumored "extremely big announcement"
- Endless Ocean 3/Forever Blue 3 (would look amazing in 3D, I´m convinced about that)
- Picross 9D :)P)
- A major firmware update, introducing messaging with friends and a more comfortable structure for the eShop and your downloaded games (folders!)

Bolded most likely ones. A firmware update could include anything, so I won't make predictions on it. If Pokemon happens, it will not be Gen 6. It would either be RSE remakes or Pokemon Grey.

EDIT: And if it's Metroid, give us Metroid Dread. We know it exists. Unleash it upon us.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Serenade said:
Neither do i personally. but i do want it if it means it gets 3rd party developers comfortable with adapting more games for the thing.
Whoa, sounds like you're already bargaining. I thought we agreed that it would be virtually impossible.

Refugio

Hope for a new game from Sakamoto's team. A sidescroller would be nice as they haven't made one of those in awhile.

Boney

Banned
isys said:
Hope for a new game from Sakamoto's team. A sidescroller would be nice as they haven't made one of those in awhile.
Somebody took my avatar recomendation!

You're awesome.

Sennorin

Banned
MasterAJ22 said:
Nintendo knows they need to pull out the big guns. Third person 3D Pokemon adventure? It's time.

The world would be flooded by sticky white stuff from Nintendo-fans if that ever happens. Aka, it´ll remain a dream forever :(

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Jinfash said:
Whoa, sounds like you're already bargaining. I thought we agreed that it would be virtually impossible.
i'm just talking hypothetically.

there's no overlooking the fact that there's no extension slot to allow an extra slide pad. and even if there was a way to get one on there, you'd still have to take it off when you want to close the system which is super totally mega dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom