• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited to say the least. I'd like to see new games. These games WILL determine how well the system will sell in the next year or two. Also I'm (honestly) hoping for a Yoshi's Story sequel, as well as that rumored Monster Hunter game.

watershed

Banned
Predictions/hopes:

Firmware updates talked about shown or dated: adding messaging, 3d video recording and a youtube 2d/3d app, 3d flipnote, something new to do with streetpass and miis, and a way to show off 3d photos.

Big surprises: Monster Hunter Tri G 3d
ships with 2nd slide pad add on

Other games: Animal Crossing 3ds detailed, new trailer and date

Some kind of metroid

Some new IP made to show off all aspects of the 3ds.

ds library coming to the eshop as budget downloads $10 dollars each.

I'd like to see:

- New Monster Hunter
- New Endless Ocean
- New Fire Emblem
- Final Fantasy V Remake
- Animal Crossing Release Date
- New System Update (Messaging, Demos, Youtube/NicoNico App)

artwalknoon said:
Predictions/hopes:

Firmware updates talked about shown or dated: adding messaging, 3d video recording and a youtube 2d/3d app, 3d flipnote, something new to do with streetpass and miis, and a way to show off 3d photos.

Big surprises: Monster Hunter Tri G 3d
ships with 2nd slide pad add on

Other games: Animal Crossing 3ds detailed, new trailer and date

Some kind of metroid

Some new IP made to show off all aspects of the 3ds.

ds library coming to the eshop as budget downloads $10 dollars each.
:lol

maeda

MasterShotgun said:
EDIT: And if it's Metroid, give us Metroid Dread. We know it existed. Unleash it upon us.
Fixed
I doubt there will be anything exciting. And to be honest I don't even know what Nintendo could announce to blow my head off. A publishing deal with Platinum, maybe? An exclusive made by a famous western 3rd party? New Ice Climbers or Star Tropics?

maeda said:
Fixed
I doubt there will be anything exciting. And to be honest I don't even know what Nintendo could announce to blow my head off. A publishing deal with Platinum, maybe? An exclusive made by a famous western 3rd party? New Ice Climbers or Star Tropics?
Pikmin 3DS to be launched alongside Pikmin Wii U?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
People keep talking about messaging and video recording as if they had been promised/confirmed at some point.

I mean, I rather expect messaging to be added to the Friend list at some point (perhaps in time for Mario Kart), but neither feature has ever been promised.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
my wishlist:

-New XIII game. picks up right after the ending to the original
-Power Stone 3
-God Eater 3D: follows the story of the manga
-Megaman Legends 3: now being developed internally by nintendo
-free trip for 4 to japan, hawaii, and the nintendo chocolate factory for ambassadors only
-50000 scholarship for me
-deus ex: hr. because hot damn, this game is awesome and i want to play it everywhere
- firmware update that does all the stuff i want it to do

watershed

Banned
DavidDayton said:
People keep talking about messaging and video recording as if they had been promised/confirmed at some point.

I mean, I rather expect messaging to be added to the Friend list at some point (perhaps in time for Mario Kart), but neither feature has ever been promised.
I think both Iwata and Reggie have talked about recording 3d videos so that should be coming. People said a youtube icon was shown at a developers conference for the 3ds so if that's true its not an unrealistic expectation. Messaging is just something that should be there but probably never will be.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
DavidDayton said:

I said before that I believe it won't ever happen. (messaging)
Will Nintendo prove me wrong?

Fou-Lu

Any game I want is basically zero chance.

Zelda RPG
Shining Force 4
Breath of Fire 6
Dark Cloud 3
Mega Man Legends 3
Final Fantasy V and VI remakes, hell throw VII, VIII and IX in there as well.
2D Metroid Fusion Sequel
Onimusha 5
More info on Smash Bros. 3DS
Majora's Mask 3D Edition
Fire Emblem
New Star Tropics
Some JRPGs that'll actually get localized.

Maybe FFV Remake and Majora's Mask 3D are possible, probably not anything else on that list.

BooJoh

Keeping expectations low.

New F-Zero
Monster Hunter Tri G
Animal Crossing Feb release
Pokémon Grey 3DS
New Super Mario Bros 3D
Mother 3 VC
Full Virtual Boy library on VC

Monster Hunter Tri G is totally expected.

What I want to hear more about are the upcoming eShop games, as this is when they usually give off a lineup of upcoming stuff.

Farfetched expectation: At least one third party Wii U announcement. And that mostly-bs right-stick adapter.

BurntPork

Banned
Oh dear...

It turns out that there might actually be a way for the second stick attachment to work. You guys know about that Pokemon typing game for DS, right? It uses a Bluetooth keyboard. So the question is, how does the DS connect to it? Well... Bluetooth is built into the game card. So, yeah... It is definitely possible.

Poyunch

I still have doubts about Tri G. Too good to be true. Either it never comes out for 3DS or it ends up really crappy.

LOCK

I think they will announce some third party information, and give us release dates for their own games.

Plus maybe something special for Japan.

Peagles

BurntPork said:
Oh dear...

It turns out that there might actually be a way for the second stick attachment to work. You guys know about that Pokemon typing game for DS, right? It uses a Bluetooth keyboard. So the question is, how does the DS connect to it? Well... Bluetooth is built into the game card. So, yeah... It is definitely possible.

Good point! I hadn't thought of this at all.

Hmmm... It's got me thinking now...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Can reuse this!

2csj6h3.jpg

Poyunch

The problem with the nub with is its power source. It can't be connected anywhere and if Nintendo went with a wireless solution you'd have to deal with an extremely small, weak battery or a very unwieldy accessory.

Dear Nintendo:

I will put out if you satisfy the following:

- Monster Hunter Portable 3DS
- Dragon Quest XI (just the announcement, like they did for X during the IX conference)
- Nintendo 3DS redesign, a la Nintendo XL, with built in 2nd nub (and attachment for the early adopters)
- SNES, GBA (every fucking title in the history of history) on the eShop
- More support for AR games

And that's just the start Nintendo. We would do naughty things if you would fulfill more of my wishes.

Thank you.

Poyunch

mintypixel said:
Dear Nintendo:

I will put out if you satisfy the following:

- Monster Hunter Portable 3DS
- Dragon Quest XI (just the announcement, like they did for X during the IX conference)
- Nintendo 3DS redesign, a la Nintendo XL, with built in 2nd nub (and attachment for the early adopters)
- SNES, GBA (every fucking title in the history of history) on the eShop
- More support for AR games

And that's just the start Nintendo. We would do naughty things if you would fulfill more of my wishes.

Thank you.
Get ready to never have a 3DS any time soon (if ever).

Reckoner

it would be a megaton for me if they developed a download manager or a more functional way to download stuff from the eshop. really.

Grakl said:
What does this mean?

It means I'll be selling the system, accessories, and games I own for the 3DS, and sticking with my DS until it crumbles into dust in my hands.

The DS went 7 years without an analog nub/stick at all and now all of a sudden a vocal minority of morons on the internet think they need to slap a second one onto it, no matter how haphazardly. It's downright retarded.

Poyunch

AbsoluteZero said:
It means I'll be selling the system, accessories, and games I own for the 3DS, and sticking with my DS until it crumbles into dust in my hands.

The DS went 7 years without an analog nub/stick at all and now all of a sudden a vocal minority of morons on the internet think they need to slap a second one onto it, no matter how haphazardly. It's downright retarded.
Well if developers are truly asking for it it would be smart for Nintendo to follow or end up with another Wii. It would be bs like you said though.

PounchEnvy said:
Well if developers are truly asking for it it would be smart for Nintendo to follow or end up with another Wii. It would be bs like you said though.

But I don't remember any developer publicly coming out and asking for it...unless someone wants to correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom