• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Conference 2011 - Sept 13, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
chickdigger802 said:
Hmmm what ever happen to Camelot after Golden sun ds?

A mario golf/tennis for 3ds would be fucking amazing!

They pretty much pioneered rpg elements into other genres. I want more!

Goddammit, that would be amazing. Fuck you for getting my hopes up.

Mods, I demand this thread locked!

Here's my speculation.

I think the focus will probably be on the 3rd party stuff that will also be at TGS. Nintendo already has a lot of games to focus on for the holidays and into next year with Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Paper Mario.

Maybe they'll show us a glimpse of something new for next year, but I don't think they will. They'll probably focus on this year's releases, next year's stuff like Animal Crossing and Paper Mario, and that Streetpass stuff Iwata promised.

I doubt they'll announce a new Pokemon RPG here. They'll probably save that for Pokemon Sunday or something.

I'm hoping we see more of Layton VS Phoenix Wright, Final Fantasy Theatrhythm (or whatever), and Level 5's games.

I'm also hoping we finally see Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, and Contra. Maybe a Monster Hunter announcement. Maybe something with Street Fighters in it.

I don't think there will be any new hardware announcements. They're not going to announce a 3DS redesign right before the holidays unless they plan on releasing it for the holidays.

Would be rad if they announce a new more juice battery.

I like my nyko powerpak, but that thing effectively makes my 3ds 3x as thick as my iphone 4 >.>"

My bet is on an Advance Wars FPS, so they can pack in the new Bluetooth analog stick dongle, but Nintendo won't localize it anywhere but Australia, yet it will release early in Japan for Ambassadors only.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
And so I'm expecting yet another nintendo event with much dread.

Freezie KO said:
My bet is on an Advance Wars FPS, so they can pack in the new Bluetooth analog stick dongle, but Nintendo won't localize it anywhere but Australia, yet it will release early in Japan for Ambassadors only.
sounds like a plan, really sounds like a Ninteno plan...

Shiggy

Freezie KO said:

Please add that it WILL be localised into all European languages with full voice overs as well as a few rare languages from Africa. It just won't be released, again.

The Dutch Slayer said:
a ow "new product announcement" mmmmm that does not say "hardware" but to me that tone looks like it :O:O
Could the French be right for once?
sounds like a new hardware to me, but maybe it's just the translation? I don't know if it really turns out to be a second stick, I should be happy or not

Ookami-kun said:
Since when was product = hardware only?
I did not say hardware only
Just the notion of product not the term games/video games/products
But like someone pointed out earlier that could also just be the translation.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I feel like it NEEDS to be a new IP from Miyamoto, and not just a hardware revision or third party big hitter. Something really exciting that you can only play on 3DS, like Pokemon and Tetris of generations past. Otherwise they are just treading water.

Beside a new Miyamoto IP, the only news in the whole game industry that can currently excite me are new 2D Zelda or Metroid, which neither are major announcements and certainly are not going to happen. So, I just hope that it is a new Miyamoto IP.

I don't want to confess this, but a new 3DS Sports with lots of pilotwings will also excite me really, but that ain't a major announcement either

However, I realistically expect it to be MH 3DS, and a new analog dongle isn't really that far fetched. But I don't really care about that. Capcom has started to milk their brand already, and it is not selling anywhere as much as the PSP one released, so I think it won't be even that exciting for Japan either. I think a revamped Pokemon with substantially added social features will be much more interesting.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wishlist:

* FIRE EMBLEM
* Mario Golf
* 3D Wars
* FIRE EMBLEM
* New IP RPG
* FIRE EMBLEM

Are they likely to announce 3rd party titles?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Freezie KO said:
With a return to sprites please.

I dunno, I loved the GC/WII entries too. I wouldn't mind 3D models for a 3DS Fire Emblem :p As long as there are large pretty portraits and awesome music.

mutsu

The Dutch Slayer said:
But like someone pointed out earlier that could also just be the translation.

There's nothing wrong with the translation I think. I am finding it strange too that they are using the term "New Product" (新製品) instead of the term they would usually use for "New Titles" (新作).

Freezie KO said:
With a return to sprites please.
I can imagine that any 3DS Fire Emblem will likely use 3D models as a way of lending a simple 3D effect without a whole lot of difficulty (as there would be with sprites).

mutsu said:
There's nothing wrong with the translation I think. I am finding it strange too that they are using the term "New Product" (新製品) instead of the term they would usually use for "New Titles" (新作).
maybe it's holographic display add-on

I can see them pulling the old 3rd pillar trick and announcing a new gameboy. Be powerful and will compete with Vita. 3DS games/code can be upscaled to work on it. They'll then see which the people want and roll with that

Edit
I also don't get the old. We're delaying said Game due to slow sales. Then announce games for a system with no sales,a higher price and poorer history.......?

mutsu said:
HA nice! :)
Will see the 13th than I guess :O

Spiegel

If they are doing this two days before the TGS and they are livestreaming it is because they want to crash the Vita party.

They must have something really big like MH3G + 3DS XL or a new redesign

mutsu

Spiegel said:
If they are doing this two days before the TGS and they are livestreaming it is because they want to crash the Vita party.

Why are we keep talking about redesign? It's the worst timing to announce a redesign. It will just piss existing customers even more. Stocks will nose dive again if Ninty makes this wrong move.

Big games are a given, just what exactly is the question. MH3G is a very safe bet, just what else will there be remains to be seen.

Final Fantasy 7 3D!

I'd love a new Excitebots or Batallion Wars game on the 3DS but I realize those are next to impossible wishes.

All this redesign talk makes me think that videogames cause memory loss or something. The thing hasn't even hit the 6 month mark yet.

The DS, which arguably needed the redesign much more, didn't get one until it had been out over 18 months.

chickdigger802 said:
Would be rad if they announce a new more juice battery.

I like my nyko powerpak, but that thing effectively makes my 3ds 3x as thick as my iphone 4 >.>"
I agree. They need to revise the hardware and get a better battery out and some way to fix that screen problem that's been reported.

I doubt they'll have much to announce in the way of new software since we already know what's coming over the next six to nine months. My only hope is some of those 2012 titles get pushed to this year.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Can't put anything past nintendo these days. They are in currazy mode.

Well, not actually showing new products and thus doing nothing to reassure anxious investors would be pretty damn crazy, yes.

No hardware announcements I bet, just games.

Some random announcements I think we'll see...

Monster Hunter Tri G
Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light II
Fire Emblem: Blue Sacred Sword / Red Demon Lance
Hatsune Miku Project Diva 3D
Taiko no Tatsujin 3DS
Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary

Spiegel said:

I think GAMES, GAMES AND GAMES should be enough to make Sony worry a bit.

I'm thinking a new 3DS with a better battery and second analog stick. Old 3DS owners will be left with a hulking monstrosity of a bulging battery add-on and a stick you've got to remove every time you want to close the thing.

shadyspace said:
I'm thinking a new 3DS with a better battery and second analog stick. Old 3DS owners will be left with a hulking monstrosity of a bulging battery add-on and a stick you've got to remove every time you want to close the thing.

That would be a huge 3DS (the revision that is).

F-zerooooooooooooooooooooo please

I wonder how much of the time they will spend showing games that we already know, like Mario , Mario kart, kid icarus , luigis mansion, while great and all but i want to see new stuff B^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom