• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS European Launch

demonkaze

Im in the exact same boat, ordered 19th jan, expedited. Games have shipped, console is "not yet dispatched". Fucking amazon, never again, I swear. It seems like everyone who chose expedited hasn't had a dispatch notice yet?

chooch81

My 3DS was despatched yesterday and sent to the Home Delivery Network. This is the latest update

Code:
23/03/2011 19:32:00 	DROITWICH2 	The parcel has been sorted at our hub

23 fucking hours later and still no more movement. FFS.

Rekubot

frankie_baby said:
it'll probably be the first 3000 that register it after midnight tonight
Doh, this seems to be true. I registered my 3DS about an hour ago and got nothing about a t-shirt.

After 30 minutes of play I'm feeling a bit dizzy. Will give it a break for a while. :p The augmented reality is AWESOME.

demonkaze said:
Im in the exact same boat, ordered 19th jan, expedited. Games have shipped, console is "not yet dispatched". Fucking amazon, never again, I swear. It seems like everyone who chose expedited hasn't had a dispatch notice yet?

my expedited and still waiting on it game have been send out only ray of hope is that it still say 25th

Disguises

One thing I've noticed, but not seen people talk about is that the system gets a lot brighter when left open on the cradle while playing.

Omikaru

chooch81 said:
My 3DS was despatched yesterday and sent to the Home Delivery Network. This is the latest update

Code:

Promising.

I fucking hate HDNL.
I'm a bit pissed off, actually. I paid for first class shipping, and Amazon still used HDNL, even though I paid to avoid them.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why are all you guys ordering it online from Amazon? You don't have any stores that could sell it near you?

Maffis

BY2K said:
Why are all you guys ordering it online from Amazon? You don't have any stores that could sell it near you?

I get a free screen protector and a cheap case along with the 3DS for 400 swedish kronor less than what a 3DS costs in Sweden. That's around 64 bucks saved, + the costs of the case and screen protectors.

Sweden sucks sometimes.

MLH

BY2K said:

Yeah, I have a Gamestation in my town, but last time I used them to preorder my Wii they gave my one away since I didn't collect it on the same day as they phoned. Their customer service was atrocious.

All of you that are buying online and are receveing nothing are pretty hilarious.
Meanwhile, I this morning I've gone in a "megastore" who broke the release date and buyed hat thing, w/ Pilotwings and SFIV. My wallet is empty but my joy is full...

Maffis

Santerestil said:
All of you that are buying online and are receveing nothing are pretty hilarious.
Meanwhile, I this morning I've gone in a "megastore" who broke the release date and buyed hat thing, w/ Pilotwings and SFIV. My wallet is empty but my joy is full...

Think of it like this: when we finally get our 3DS'es we will be filled with joy and euphoria, while you who have already played your 3DS extensively will have lost your interest and hapiness.

Who am I kidding. You will love your new 3DS for a long time while we sit and wait and cry in frustration.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Curious little note on my protector + RR order that shipped an hour ago:

Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit - Mar 24, 2011 12:00:00 AM

You suppose that means anything?

ksimm

Grrrrr Amazon still showing as Not Yet Dispatched. Looks like I may have Pilotwings and Streetfighter and no 3DS tomorrow.... Ordered Jan 19th as well. :(

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
MLH said:
kaSY4.png

This has to be some cruel joke.

And people like this must just be trollin':
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_ttp_ef_tft_tp?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3H8EU3JAW3FEE&asin=B004ISLDV0&cdThread=Tx1GG1NRZRPZZKE&displayType=tagsDetail

Gah, that is identical to my situation, except I chose a better colour...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I wonder if all of us still waiting are 'Cosmos Black' ...?

I just got an email back and it's not particularly reassuring.

I have checked your order #--- and we are still waiting for the following item to be delivered to us by our supplier "Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console (Cosmos Black)".

I can understand that your anxious to have this item "Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console (Cosmos Black)" to be delivered on the day of release.

However, please note that even though you opted for Priority Express as your delivery method that this item is not eligible on release date of delivery for outside of UK addresses. I apologise for any disappointment caused.

We still expect to deliver your order #--- by the date listed in Your Account: March 26, 2011.

So...basically I think they've run out of black units and they're hoping to get more for dispatch tomorrow.

Shiloa

I preordered the day it appeared on amazon and it's still not been dispatched. WTF is going on? :\

No to above, mine is the Aqua.

CoolS

Amazon.de dropped the price to 222€ if you guys din't know yet.

So awesome, first I get Monkey Ball for free and now they credit me 27€ :)

besiktas1

Just chiming in to those still waiting. I feel your pain! However now I have mine I am in heaven. Tomorrow I'll be picking up Pro Evo.

Pilot wings is soo pretty :3 3D is really nice. No problems with headaches/eyestrain yet and I've had it on max. Little bits of cross-talk here and there but only for split second then I refocus.

Hoping once I'm done with Pilot Wings and Pro Evo, the next batch of games will come out or willing to swap with other gaf members.

Coen

gofreak said:
I feel so bad for you.

I wonder if Amazon is still dispatching, or will dispatch any more today. Dispatch estimate on mine hasn't changed from the 24th, but it's still 'not yet dispatched'.
I'm in the same boat. Games and screenprotectors have been dispatched, but my system's still on 'not yet dispatched' but with an estimated 24 march dispatch date. I'll probably get my games before the system. :(

I've been promised in an email from Amazon that my 3DS WILL arrive tomorrow as I told them I'm not going to be home over the weekend, which is the reason I paid for the expedited delivery.
My Super Monkey Ball 3DS is already on the way through the Royal Mail so will probably arrive next thursday lol.

I'm amazed that Amazon is either prioritising customers that ordered later or has sold more units than they have stocked. They usually don't fuck up like that.

Also I've never even heard of Home Delivery Network and I buy loads online. Crazy situation all around. I feel for you guys.

dc89

7bc0a76e.jpg

Just registered it on Club Nintendo and it said 'Congratulations on registering for your Free 3DS T-shirt' or something to that effect.

It's on charge now Gaf. I am ready!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I wonder how much of the cards actually get read by the 3DS IE how mch of the image could you alter, extend, and so on and still have the same effect.

Just thinking you could create a custom shirt if you really wanted one and add design around it so that the card is more difficult to distinguish

Similar to the tattoos in prison break :D

OMG Aero

I don't really understand why everyone is bothered about the shirt anyway.
Isn't it just a plain white shirt with the question mark block AR card on it? The same card you get with every 3DS?
Also I thought all the AR card games want you to have the card on a flat surface, so you couldn't really do proper AR stuff unless you put the shirt on the floor or laid down.

u_neek

Mine has been shipped from Amazon UK as well and will arrive around the 31st - should receive Yakuza 4 tomorrow to keep me entertained until then :)

Omikaru

Just checked the tracking, and mine is in Droitwich, which is about two hours from Bridgend. So I expect it to be in the Cardiff or Swansea depots tomorrow, ready for delivery.

The only wildcard event stopping me from getting it tomorrow is whether Home Delivery Network are going to suck or not. I'm not gonna get my hopes up...

BY2K

Membero Americo
From the Nintendo Website:

Please note that the "White Knuckles" music video is provided for a limited time and may be deleted from your system with subsequent updates.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
OMG Aero said:
I don't really understand why everyone is bothered about the shirt anyway.
Isn't it just a plain white shirt with the question mark block AR card on it? The same card you get with every 3DS?
Also I thought all the AR card games want you to have the card on a flat surface, so you couldn't really do proper AR stuff unless you put the shirt on the floor or laid down.
AR cards work anywhere that the 3DS can see it IE on a wall. It just treats the card as the floor.

Omikaru

darkpaladinmfc said:
Does anyone know if there is any chance for us Amazon folks to get it tomorrow? :(
Have you had your dispatch notice? If so, then it pretty much depends on your courier now.

dc89

Too lazy to read manual.

Do you guys know what colour the LED on the console goes once it's fully charge?

chooch81 said:

Code:

I'm pretty sure that HDN have been told to hold them until tomorrow.

Omikaru

darkpaladinmfc said:
Nope, not despatched yet... Dispatch estimate is still 24th.
Sorry to say, but unless Amazon have dispatched it and failed to notify you, there's little chance you're getting it tomorrow. :(

spons

Gold Member
Caved in and got the black one this afternoon. They had more than enough available but that's probably because they just got them.

chooch81

whatevermort said:
I'm pretty sure that HDN have been told to hold them until tomorrow.
When I go to the HDN tracking section it says 'Delivery: on or before 25 March'.

Has anyone who ordered with Amazon got a 3DS delivered with HDN already?

Marbles

I'm in the same boat with my amazon order. Pre-ordered on the 19 jan. My copy of Pilot wings has already been sent, my 3DS still quotes an estimited delivery for the 25th.

Perhaps Amazon are having a midnight launch. Ships tonight, should *fingers crossed* arrive around lunch tomorrow.

dc89

DeadRockstar said:
The light on mine went out completely when it charged fully.

Thanks

Gaf > instruction manual.

Saying that I do like the funny illustrations of the do's and do not's.

Top Bottom