• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS European Launch

gofreak said:
My games, technically, haven't even dispatched.

Still 'dispatching soon', been that way since this morning. But I guess their courier pick-up for express delivery to Ireland is less frequent, probably later in the PM.

Still no change on the system. Emailed them again to see if they could offer any further clarification but nothing back yet.

Same here :/. I've emailed them to complain. At the moment it looks like Free Super Saver would of gotten me the 3DS at the same time as paying the extra for Priority because Super Saver would of gotten it to me on Monday or Tuesday.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Missed them. We told them come at 5pm, so they came at 2pm instead.

What good is Pilotwings if I haven't got the system to play it on? Why couldn't they just deliver them together?

Doesn't help that the Amazon guy just left his parcel in the front porch.

m.i.s.

Banned
Elfish said:
Is PES 2011 3DS worth it or not?

Don't bother.

Footie games tend to be pretty mediocre to rubbish on portables. And judging by past PES titles on Wii, this will probably be one of the first games to get a price drop.

Peru

M.I.S. said:
Don't bother.

Footie games tend to be pretty mediocre to rubbish on portables. And judging by past PES titles on Wii, this will probably be one of the first games to get a price drop.

Reviews have been very positive about the gameplay. What's lacking is updated rosters.

DiGiKerot

beje said:
I'm still stuck on "Dispatching soon" for all the items in Amazon UK since this morning.

Mine's still on "Not yet dispatched", which is kind of taking, well, I'm not one to use impolite language, but given I had my pre-order in within about ten minutes of the listing going online, it is vastly annoying.

At this point I'm tempted to just cancel the thing and go grab one somewhere at midnight.

beje

Banned
DiGiKerot said:
Mine's still on "Not yet dispatched", which is kind of taking, well, I'm not one to use impolite language, but given I had my pre-order in without about ten minutes of the listing going online, it is vastly annoying.

At this point I'm tempted to just cancel the thing and go grab one somewhere at midnight.

I wouldn't have ordered online if the price difference with Spain wasn't abysmal.

FreeChicken

Neo Member
BGBW said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Missed them. We told them come at 5pm, so they came at 2pm instead.

What good is Pilotwings if I haven't got the system to play it on? Why couldn't they just deliver them together?

Doesn't help that the Amazon guy just left his parcel in the front porch.

Yeah I missed my delivery too, expected them to read my note and leave it at the neighbours. Phoned up the courier and they are holding it tonight at the depo for me. Could be worse I suppose.

Maffis

Yay my 3DS has been despatched from Amazon. Estimated delivery time 31st of Mars. Sooner than I expected, but I got a game I can finish on my Lite before it arrives.

Tough it's weird that my case and screen hasn't been despatched yet. They were supposed to be bundled together.

Zomba13

Just scanned in Reggie's Mii :D

EDIT: Just downloaded some more, Zelda characters and Luke and Layton. I'm amazed how quick it scans. As soon as it sees the code they pop out, you don't even need to align it right.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well my only hope is that I told them to re-deliver for today on their website and they are located about sixteen minutes away (unfortunately not a very easy place to get to by public transport otherwise I may have gone to collect it myself).

Just got a dispatched email from Amazon.. For Ridge Racer :/. Coming via UPS and should arrive tomorrow. Now they just need to send the damn 3DS >.<

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Games have been dispatched. Using UPS. Will probably arrive tomorrow then.

System: 'Not yet dispatched'

:|

edit - snap!

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Well, as I have say im not a good Street Fighter player, but from what Ive played doing moves is a little tricky.
Yesterday I played challenge mode with Ryu and at the end I could do Hadokens, Shoryukens and Metsu Hadokens with relative ease (without using the touch scren of course). The normal combo moves they made you do (fast kicks combined ith punches, etc...) are challenging and I couldn pull them, but it was the same when I tried to do them in SFIV in PC with keyboard (lol), and seems more that you need to be good doing combos than fault of the console.

Thanks for this. Mine was delivered about an hour ago with Ridge Racer (from Play.com) :D Hopefully SSFIV & Pilotwings will be delivered tomorrow.

Just got mine. As I expected, even though I'm just playing Pokémon, coming from the old DS, I'm amazed.

And I won't have to mess with my router's settings anymore? Awesome.

This is ridiculous, all ubisoft games cost at least 5 pounds more than normal 3ds games. So I have to pay 45 pounds for Ghost Recon in Norway.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well my last hope died. Called TNT and the driver is out of the area so no more deliveries for today.

However I was told I could leave a note with my signature to ask the deliver man to leave the parcel in the porch. Wonder if I should risk it.

Balboa

gofreak said:
Games have been dispatched. Using UPS. Will probably arrive tomorrow then.

System: 'Not yet dispatched'

:|

edit - snap!
They'll send it guys stop worrying, if it doesn't show up tomorrow that's when you can go crazy.

Donnie

My game and screen protectors have been dispatched and finally my 3DS has changed to "dispatching soon". Hopefully they'll get it sent out by the end of today and I should get it tomorrow with one day delivery.

M3d10n

Milpool said:
I think that's because it's a dsi compatible game, older ds games still won't work with WPA.
And they'll never will, short of being 100% software-emulated. DS games have the wifi "drivers" hardcoded directly into the games. The DSi and 3DS actually have both the new Atheros and the old DS wifi chips, because the old "driver" only works with the old chip because it controls the entire chip in a very low level way via software (setting radio frequencies, parsing raw wifi packets, etc).

Nintendo also cannot "patch" old DS games dynamically to use a new driver, because a WPA/WPA2 wifi stack is much larger than WEP and would take much more RAM. Many games load the wifi drivers into a VRAM bank, and a WPA driver wouldn't fit there.

GJS

Has anyone heard anything else about the limited AR Tshirts from Club Nintendo? I registered my 3DS the moment it got here but there was nothing different during the process.

Merovin

1 hour 35 minutes is the time until amazon stop taking orders on prime for delivery tomorrow, guys on prime still have hope!

donkey show said:
It's for my wife. She's currently studying at the University of Manchester. Anything to fuck with her studies, I guess!

Thats nice! makes sense, I thought it be weird normally due to the lack of exclusives we get :p.

Amazon have shipped both my 3DS and game/case as seprate packages, but it seems they have not applied the bundle price offer, and look to be charging me full price for the game/case. I will have to check with bank, but the email they sent looks fishy.

Fucking more hassle.

Kuran

Banned
Tempy said:
Hopefully people realize the system costs are more than just the components. There are development costs, marketing, packaging, trademark royalties, shipping etc.

Awwwwww its Nintendo's PR at work! Cute.

GJS said:
Has anyone heard anything else about the limited AR Tshirts from Club Nintendo? I registered my 3DS the moment it got here but there was nothing different during the process.
it'll probably be the first 3000 that register it after midnight tonight

Donnie

Tempy said:
Hopefully people realize the system costs are more than just the components. There are development costs, marketing, packaging, trademark royalties, shipping etc.

You've listed just a few of the reasons why these BOM estimates are so inaccurate and why only idiots and trolls take them seriously as the true cost of a system.

N1nJar

Also dispatched!

Console has been sat on dispatch estimate 25th March / Delivery estimate 28th March all day. Had pretty much lost hope of getting anything tomorrow since they triggered a fraud alert with my bank and I had to switch the payment details this morning.

Just got a bunch of e-mails from amazon. Games and console all dispatched via Royal Mail, phew. Getting delivered to work, was starting to think I'd be waiting 'till Monday!

Getting a Cosmos Black 3DS, with Pilot Wings and Street Fighter. W00t!

Omikaru

Just got an email!

Your Amazon.co.uk order has dispatched

YEEES!!

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent
to:

**snipped address**

using Home Delivery Network Limited.

vader.jpg

Alex Dee

Neo Member
So very tempted to latch onto the Tesco deal at midnight. I've been promising myself that I won't, but I've never wanted a console so damn much.

donkey show said:
Noice, got the e-mail saying the 3DS was dispatched and is in transit according to the tracking. Now for the games, lol.

-_- oh geez with me its the other way around this is a joke first time amazon let me down

frankie_baby said:
it'll probably be the first 3000 that register it after midnight tonight
Club Nintendo site doesn't talk about specific dates, just the 3000 first gamers. I registered mine and I want that t-shirt.

Top Bottom