• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS European Launch

Dabookerman said:
To add a bit of fuel to the fire, I too phoned up Tesco and the lady said to me that it has been sent recorded delivery..

So it could come tomorrow.

That's odd.

What did she mean by recorded delivery? Royal Mail recorded? On their website it says they will use TNT for high value packages and that was confirmed by the person on the phone.

Has the money actually left your account yet for the 3DS?

Rekubot

My 3DS reached the DPD hub from ASDA a couple of hours ago. With next day delivery that should mean I get it tomorrow! Hype!

Rekubot said:
My 3DS reached the DPD hub from ASDA a couple of hours ago. With next day delivery that should mean I get it tomorrow! Hype!

not really. mine has been with parcelforce hub since monday.

It's absolutely ridiculous that Tesco don't provide a tracking number for TNT.

ShopTo members are now saying they are likely to receive it tomorrow, with their tracking information having updated.

Now I have no idea if I should be in tomorrow or Friday.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Capndrake said:
Nope, it can already be registered, did it a few hours ago.
Welp, goodbye tshirt.

Just noticed that my 3DS has been dispatched from Tesco. Finally.

GJS

My 3DS order was "despatched" via Tesco Entertainment at 13:07 today but my credit card has not yet been charged, so I'm going to take a guess and say that it is still in the warehouse.

Delivery 1 of 1
Not yet dispatched
Dispatch Estimate: 24 Mar 2011

the-angry-mob.png

So were is the official friend codes thread? ;)

moozoom said:
I grabbed the last Okamiden in the store... they told me they tried to restock more copies of the game but it was made in very limited quantities, and they think it will be very soon out of stock ( at least in france )

Looks like capcom wanted it to fail,... again. The fact they didn't translate it in french is telling their lack of faith in the game ( in france most of the people are very bad with english and won't buy it untranslated. )

I know english but Im not paying 40 euros for and unfinished capcom product, so fuck them.
Yep, seems they wanted the game to fail, and thats sad becuase I would have probably bought it yesterday if it had spanish.

Rekubot said:

My DPD tracking status updated to that as well. It said 'Awaiting receipt of parcel' from Saturday until today. So maybe it has actually been released for delivery. Fingers crossed.

An Owl With Knees said:
That's odd.

What did she mean by recorded delivery? Royal Mail recorded? On their website it says they will use TNT for high value packages and that was confirmed by the person on the phone.

Has the money actually left your account yet for the 3DS?

Well I said, Royal Mail? And she confirmed.. she said it would need to be signed for. That made sense since they didn't provide tracking number I suppose. Meh

Mafro

An Owl With Knees said:
ShopTo members are now saying they are likely to receive it tomorrow, with their tracking information having updated.
When I preordered my PS3 Slim with ShopTo, they shipped on Friday and it was "out for delivery" on Monday, but didn't arrive till Tuesday (launch day). They always deliver games before launch but maybe they, and other companies, aren't willing to break the street date for a console.

EDIT: Royal Mail? Hmmm, that can't be right, surely?

chooch81 said:
Looks like we are 3DS delivery buddies. Mines there too. Where does yours have to get to?

Mine has to end up in Belfast.

The Isle of Man!

I'm not entirely optimistic for a Friday delivery yet. :(

SpacePirate Ridley said:
I know english but Im not paying 40 euros for and unfinished capcom product, so fuck them.
Yep, seems they wanted the game to fail, and thats sad becuase I would have probably bought it yesterday if it had spanish.

I guess I agree too. If Capcom can't adequately promote or distribute a game they've taken years to make and seemingly don't care about it's position in the marketplace, then why should we care? No advertising. No instore displays. Lacking translation. The manual isn't even in colour. I don't expect it to hang around for long or to do particularly well, which is a shame as it seems to be a stunning game.
I say seems to be as I won't get to play it until my 3DS arrives tomorrow (Neogaf = believe! right?)

Espiox

StuBurns said:
Hi deep GAF, I was wondering if the 3DS has 3D video playback that you can put on the memory card yourself?

No, but 3D video recording is probably coming at some point down the line.

Man, my Hori screen protectors are taking forever to arrive. They shipped out of Play-Asia on March 1!

antonz

StuBurns said:
Hi deep GAF, I was wondering if the 3DS has 3D video playback that you can put on the memory card yourself?
Not really sure how the video player is gonna work but as said Video recording is coming so eventually id say yes

moozoom

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
I guess I agree too. If Capcom can't adequately promote or distribute a game they've taken years to make and seemingly don't care about it's position in the marketplace, then why should we care? No advertising. No instore displays. Lacking translation. The manual isn't even in colour. I don't expect it to hang around for long or to do particularly well, which is a shame as it seems to be a stunning game.

They translated Ghost trick, but it was so full of spelling mistakes that I switched back to english soon after the beginning of the game... But that won't be a problem for most of the people, the errors in the translation were the same I see everyday in dozens of tweets and facebook posts.

Well technically its out tomorrow and I can't wait, just can't decide which game to get, due to being pretty broke I'm definately restricted to the ones game is doing a bundle deal on so for me that means a choice of ridge racer or rayman (I did want sf4 so I really wish I'd ordered at hmv now) I just can't decide

My Game and Case is now Dispatching Soon on Amazon, but my 3DS is still "Not yet dispatched" with a Dispatch Estimate of 24th March.

:/

CoolS

Yay, Amazon.de is finally preparing mz 3DS for dispatch. Not my free Monkey Ball though, but I don't realy care about that one. I just hope it will arrive tomorrow.

Nice. My Aqua Blue one has been dispatched on the 23. and it should arrive tomorrow. Too bad Ridge Racer 3ds Is estimated to Be delivered on the 26-27.
Whatever. As long as i have the console itself.
And i really hope i can register soon enough to get a ar shirt.

Woo just got an email from play.com!

Your order is due for delivery
between 12:32-13:32 today
Your order from Play.com is out for delivery today and is due to be delivered between 12:32-13:32. Can you please ensure that someone will be available to sign for the parcel at:

Omikaru

I'm getting the 'dispatching soon' on Amazn too. I'm surprised, since I ordered it on the 19th. I guess Nintendo don't want there to be huge shortages.

Good news for all except eBay scalpers, I guess.

moozoom

Update after a playtest : I'm loving it ! I've played till 3am with the included games/apps and I didn't even try the AR games yet (sleeping person besides you is not the best condition for it).

I've spent an incredible amount of time creating Miis / scanning Qr codes (I loved it on Wii, so it's logical) and the new mouths - eyes - headshapes -etc... are a nice addition. Also you can stretch and squash most of the movable parts to customize the look of the mii even more.
Nintendogs (my only game so far) is the cutest thing ever, and the 3D is really a plus. The animations are incredible and you are always surprised by some of the dogs reactions. I've seen some complaints about the 3DS microphone and the difficulty to register the name of the dog correctly with your voice on a french website... but it worked immediately (you have to repeat it 3 times but its a feature, not a bug ) The first trick he learned (sit!) was painless to register as well. Shiba <3

The only complaint is the DS emulation : I tried pokémon black and it really looks bad and blurry. I thought it wouldn't be an issue but it is. Maybe it will be better on 3d games (i'll test phantom hourglass later) but on sprites it's ugly. The colors look washed up too. I definitely won't trade my Dsi, and maybe even won't transfer my Dsi ware.

I have some errands to do this morning, so that'll be an occasion to try the podometer.

u_neek

Yay, my 3DS is "dispatching soon" from Amazon UK too.

Chose the cheapest delivery option though so probably won't have it until early April.

Top Bottom