• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS European Launch

Falch

[Nintex] said:
Looks like Ridge Racer 3D and the Ubisoft games are already availabe at most places in the Netherlands but Pilotwings and 3DS haven't showed up everywhere yet.

Any major retailers that are selling yet?

waru

mrklaw said:
they're all major online stores that have huge logistics operations and know what they're doing. no need to panic.
refreshes amazon open orders page..

I just had Amazon on the phone and it gives me this impression of not having their stock yet

Ramenman

Meh, my local GAME has received the shipments but is waiting for some kind of big boss greenlight to begin actually selling them.

Meh.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
And here it is!
C6QQd.jpg

Forgot to ask, were you able to register the star points code yet or is it true they won't be valid until Friday? I want one of those t-shirts!

LayLa said:
(;_・)

This got me too! Though it's just the standard blurb they include on all their despatch mails.
I think.
I'm guessing.
I hope.
:'(

Shoogoo

besiktas1 said:
I am spent, song by Besiktas1

I woke up at nine a.m to check my emails,
The rest of gaf has it, so why is tesco full of fails.
Ever since last e3 I've furiously been wanking,
to save up for the machine, moneys the only thing I'm banking.

I am spent! Ohhhh I am spent! The wait is just to much,
In anticipation my willy I have to touch.
I am spent! Ohhhh I am spent! Just take the out my damn cash,
Then I know this wait is over and the items been dispatched.

The device I am singing for has my in crazy stupid hype,
So sing along with me, add to it, go on gaf and type.
I am not the only one whos in a muck just waiting,
It's sunny outside, dont care, my emails I'm refreshing.

I am spent! Ohhhh I am spent! We all are done waiting,
the rest have sent theirs so why are you procrastinating?
I am spent! Ohhhh I am spent! When it arrives at my door it will be the best,
So seriously tesco ship me my fucking 3DS.

Not enough love for your creativity. Excellent read :D

BGBW said:
Bah, sounds like I'm the last one to get my 3DS dispatched from Tesco. >:|
Mine still hasn't. But I noticed that I can't cancel my order anymore, so I think something is happening. Better get here by Friday, cos I don't think TNT / 3rd party delivery drivers work on Saturdays.

Fuckers.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Forgot to ask, were you able to register the star points code yet or is it true they won't be valid until Friday? I want one of those t-shirts!
At this rate I'll have no chance at getting one. :(

GDGF

Soothsayer
besiktas1 said:
I am spent, song by Besiktas1

I woke up at nine a.m to check my emails,
The rest of gaf has it, so why is tesco full of fails.
Ever since last e3 I've furiously been wanking,
to save up for the machine, moneys the only thing I'm banking.

I am spent! Ohhhh I am spent! The wait is just to much,
In anticipation my willy I have to touch.
I am spent! Ohhhh I am spent! Just take the out my damn cash,
Then I know this wait is over and the items been dispatched.

The device I am singing for has my in crazy stupid hype,
So sing along with me, add to it, go on gaf and type.
I am not the only one whos in a muck just waiting,
It's sunny outside, dont care, my emails I'm refreshing.

I am spent! Ohhhh I am spent! We all are done waiting,
the rest have sent theirs so why are you procrastinating?
I am spent! Ohhhh I am spent! When it arrives at my door it will be the best,
So seriously tesco ship me my fucking 3DS.

That was pretty cool! :)

dc89

6e7bfb71.jpg

Games have arrived where I work! Those two are what I'm buying on Friday. The wait would be unbearable if the consoles actually arrived but they are still with distribution.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Uh awkward. Apparently my 3DS will be dispatched soon, but via courier and not Royal Mail as I was hoping (their sorting office is around the corner so I usually get things quick via them).

No one will be in on Friday till 5pm so I may not get the 3DS till Monday unless I can get the delivery chap to drop off my package at a neighbour's.

Hope all of you waiting at the mercy of online retailers/couriers/Royal Mail get yours as soon as possible to release day, especially besiktas1! :p

Course, it won't make tomorrow any easier if, while I wait for midnight, I see a load of you posting your 3DS pics in here :p

BGBW said:
Uh awkward. Apparently my 3DS will be dispatched soon, but via courier and not Royal Mail as I was hoping (their sorting office is around the corner so I usually get things quick via them).

No one will be in on Friday till 5pm so I may not get the 3DS till Monday unless I can get the delivery chap to drop off my package at a neighbour's.

This happened to a friend of mine yesterday.

Amazon UK dispatched his 3DS via courier not post so, because of where we live, he might not receive his until next week.

And yet my 3DS is still "dispatching soon"...

Jackano

Just received an SMS from GAME in France, they invite me to come and get my 3DS device now.
The sad thing is, this time I don't care because I already have my japanese 3DS.
The odd thing is, the SMS contains a secret code (16 digit hexadecimal code) which I need to give in the shop. Odd... No mention of games, I will go after work and hope Piltowings is available.

Omikaru

Got a quick reply from Amazon.

Hello ***********

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk regarding your order for "Nintendo 3DS Handheld Console (Cosmos Black)".

I can understand your concerns regarding receiving your item on the estimated date of delivery i.e, March 25, 2011

Further to your e-mail, I have checked your order and can see that this item is on pre-order and will not be released until March 25, 2011.

For your reference, I have included the link of the item which includes the release day.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004ISLDV0/

Please note that the release date is subject to change. As soon as we are informed of any changes to this date, we will update the website accordingly.

We will receive this item from our suppliers in time for the release date.

On the date of dispatch, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents and method of delivery. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for an order until the time of dispatch.

Rest assured that once we receive the item, we will dispatch the item to you

I hope you find this information helpful.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Did I solve your problem?

A bunch of vague canned replies strung together. Typical.

I don't think I'm getting mine on Friday. :(

beje

Banned
I'm F5'ing the Amazon orders page so often that I'm afraid they're going to ban my IP soon thinking it's a DDoS attack. Fucking dispatch it urrrrrrgggggggggFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:

This got me too! Though it's just the standard blurb they include on all their despatch mails.
I think.
I'm guessing.
I hope.
:'(

I really havent tried it yet. The t-shirts are only for nintendo uk or all europe?

EDIT: The pin has entered, but i dont know if Iwill get a t-shirt in the page it doesnt say anything, Spain here.

Boney

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
And here it is!
C6QQd.jpg

At the end I got also Pokemon White becuase there where nos 3ds game yet till tomorrow, and i havent play pokemon since ruby :lol
oh my gaaaaawd

You know I'm still not sure whether I'm picking up a game from the line-up, but the fact that I'll be upgrading from a DSFat makes it worth it anyway. Can't wait.

beje

Banned
chooch81 said:
Just got my dispatch notice from amazon uk. They are using the Home Delivey Network. God help us.

What was the estimated dispatch date on your order? March 23rd or 24th?

Omikaru

chooch81 said:
Just got my dispatch notice from amazon uk. They are using the Home Delivey Network. God help us.
*cringes*

I wish Amazon would end their contract with HDNL. The amount of complaints I've had to make thanks to them is insane.

Man, who knew the brick-and-mortars in some parts of Europe were so casual about street dates.

GAME in the UK would rather set fire to a 3DS than sell one early.

syoaran

DeadRockstar said:
Man, who knew the brick-and-mortars in some parts of Europe were so casual about street dates.

GAME in the UK would rather set fire to a 3DS than sell one early.

Its not out of choice - they have to keep by the date as part of a sellers agreement. They receive a fine for breaking the date. Sometimes, places break it because the sales of the item (profit) exceed the fine (ala CoD or Halo3), but when the profit margin on hardware is so slim - there isnt much point angering your supplier, and suffering a break in contract.

Guys, breathe. 48hrs and you will all be playing.

chooch81 said:

Me too.

At least my mum has a 3DS pre ordered in store for Friday. I'll steal hers until mine arrives. :D

Godspeed you, casual gamers!

taku

Okay, so there's this extra deal that basically gets me any of these four games for £10;

Ghost Recon
Rayman
Splinter Cell
Sims 3

I'm leaning towards either Ghost Recon or Rayman and to be frank, I'm not interested in any of them..

Rayman & Ghost Recon any good? Which one would you pick?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
syoaran said:
Its not out of choice - they have to keep by the date as part of a sellers agreement. They receive a fine for breaking the date. Sometimes, places break it because the sales of the item (profit) exceed the fine (ala CoD or Halo3), but when the profit margin on hardware is so slim - there isnt much point angering your supplier, and suffering a break in contract.

European free market - one trader breaks the street date, everyone should be allowed too. Why restrict within one country?

raaaagee... and breathe.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
taku said:
Okay, so there's this extra deal that basically gets me any of these four games for £10;

Ghost Recon
Rayman
Splinter Cell
Sims 3

I'm leaning towards either Ghost Recon or Rayman and to be frank, I'm not interested in any of them..

Rayman & Ghost Recon any good? Which one would you pick?

ghost recon or rayman. We have no information on either due to stupid Ubisoft embargos.

If HMV are doing bundles in store, I'm going for Ghost Recon due to the track record of the developer

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Omikaru said:
Got a quick reply from Amazon.

A bunch of vague canned replies strung together. Typical.

I don't think I'm getting mine on Friday. :(
Strange. When I (my mother) contacted Amazon the other day they were really helpful. Had a gift voucher that had just expired since it was put down, forgotten about and then found again. The guy on the other end extended the expiry date by two whole years.

Just to avoid a repeat performance I bought my mum something straight away as a way of thanks.

Fritz

Ohh, just remembered: I'm going to be backstage at the German music awards "Echo" tomorrow night and Nintendo will have a 3DS lounge there. So I can check ou the games before I'll have to settle on one on Friday. Fun Fun Fun!

syoaran said:

Its more than a fine, they can be in serious trouble with the company they have broke the street day, but in Spain they usually sell things as it arrives at the store and there are more benevolent becuase if all of them sell it at the same time, they cant do anything.

Gamestop (and GAME sometimes, depends of the store) are the ones that try to only sell it in realease day, but once fnac, mediamartk, carrefour and other smaller videogame stores breaks the street date they have to sell it becuase people can go to another store and get it there.

The friends that work at the store told me the Gamestop guy near them come to their store to see if they sell things before them, then calls the company of the game they are selling and tells them that so they can get into trouble. That fucker did it with a famous game, and they had a phone call from the company (didnt have much problems becuase the one from taht company are friends with them). The funny thing is that he came just now to the store (I was buying the 3DS games that couldnt buy yesterday) and that fucker was just asking if they were selling it right now (he wanted to buy one for his "kid") so he could phone call nintendo. He also asked if they had offers so he could put a lower price. They know about him now so when they could dispatch him they told us the story.
Motherfucker, I hate fucking gamestops.

For Norwegian-GAF i just called Expert, and they stated on their data system the 3ds has a price of 1999 kr (normal retail price is 2499). That is the cheapest I know of. I just hope it stays true to that price on launch date. Going to be awesome!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Amazon UK is working their way through their queue. Only question is if yours will get dispatched today or tomorrow - I assume all will be out by the end of tomorrow.

If mine was dispatched today I could possibly get it tomorrow (i've had overnight delivery from them before, even when they've sent packages to germany before getting to ireland!), but it doesn't look likely :|

Top Bottom