• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo account registration has appeared on callofduty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

Black Ops 2 is great, very good use of the Gamepad as well.

Ghosts couldn't be fun if it was played out of Beyonce's booty.

Yes - very - some of the best 3rd party ports on the system. BO2 is the better of the two.

Still play BO2 on Wii U. Got it at launch.

What does linking my account do, exactly? Are my stats viewable online or something?
I'll look into getting BO2 then thanks :)

What's wrong with ghosts though? I haven't been big into COD so I don't really know what's up with the games.

NateDrake

I'll look into getting BO2 then thanks :)

What's wrong with ghosts though? I haven't been big into COD so I don't really know what's up with the games.
My issue with Ghosts' multiplayer were that the maps are too large and just not fun to play on. BO2 still has a solid active community of players and the maps are awesome. All this talk has me wanting to play BO2!

Shauni

Well, some of this speculation makes me hopeful, but still, the fact that AW skipped the Wii U makes me doubtful. The fact that they didn't have the Treyarch porting team do that one makes me think Activision thinks it just isn't worth it. Here's to hoping, though. It's possibly the version I'll get, honestly, if it comes out. I have a Bone, but I've dropped Live.

shanafan

My issue with Ghosts' multiplayer were that the maps are too large and just not fun to play on. BO2 still has a solid active community of players and the maps are awesome. All this talk has me wanting to play BO2!

Only a few were too large - Siege, Overlord, and Whiteout come to mind.

Other maps like Strikezone, Warhawk, Octane, Prison Break, and Sovereign are some of the best COD maps I have ever played.

Red Devil

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on Wii Tuu confirmed.

Maybe. I guess it could be a product of either two things:

1- AW is like MW2 on Wii like they said above.

2- Nintendo is moneyhatting Activision so the game comes out on Wii U based on those "search of 2014" results on Miiverse.

Vena

Anyone know how many units BO2 and Ghosts sold on Wii U?

Terrible sales figures. Like really, really bad. I doubt they'd have any expectations on the title actually selling outside of the core that still plays it but that's not more than a few thousand, and the overall sales will likely be of tens of thousands vs. the other consoles selling hundreds of thousands of units.

But BLOPS2U is the best BLOPS2, and its still very active which is a crazy thing when you think about it. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the GamePad incorporation is good enough to make BLOPS3U (if it exists) the lesser-superior game as well. Like with Deus Ex, I have it on both WiiU and PC, and I prefer playing it with the GamePad as its fantastically streamlined even though I have to sacrifice my 4k resolution.

tmk10s9j.gif

prag16

Banned
Anyone know how many units BO2 and Ghosts sold on Wii U?

I don't think anybody has ever reported firm numbers, but probably a couple hundred thousand each being optimistic, with BO2 outselling Ghosts solidly. The numberz reported on that site nobody talkz about are likely a bit too high.

Vena

I don't think anybody has ever reported firm numbers, but probably a couple hundred thousand each being optimistic, with BO2 outselling Ghosts solidly. The numberz reported on that site nobody talkz about are likely a bit too high.

Tens of thousands, no hundreds are involved. Certain knowable figures told us roughly a while back.

prag16

Banned
Tens of thousands, no hundreds are involved. Certain knowable figures told us roughly a while back.
You're certain BO2 it hasn't even hit six figures worldwide? That seems pretty farfetched seeing as how dirt cheap it has often been available for a while now.

Regardless, it's a shame IR aiming appears all but dead.

Thats shocking.. what figures? I figured at least around 150-200k :/

That is because it is: The site that not be named has BLOPSII at just under 300,000 and GHOSTS at just around 250,000. I have never seen or heard anything less than that and would love some proof of these 10,000's of sales.

Colombo

I registered my NNID on the site last night to show support for the cause. I bought AW on Xbox One last year but I actually miss the small, Australian CallofDuty Nintendo community. I will buy Blops 3 on Wii U this year if it releases.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Only a few were too large - Siege, Overlord, and Whiteout come to mind.

Other maps like Strikezone, Warhawk, Octane, Prison Break, and Sovereign are some of the best COD maps I have ever played.

The other problem Ghosts maps had was when you spawned in you pretty much have no idea where you are exactly, because there are two or three more spawn points that look the exact same. Each brick building looks like every other brick building.

BOII maps had visual differences in each section of a map, even if they were almost mirrored, you knew what side of the map you were on, with the exception of maybe Plaza.

I actually hope this means that there is a slight possibility that the next COD game comes out on the WiiU.
(In fact I just recently ordered COD Ghosts because it as so damn cheap...)

Would love to see the COD online scene on the WiiU grow too.

Fingers crossed.

openrob

Like most people know, CoD Wii U games got sooooooo little attention it is unbeleivable that 1. Activision would neglect its own product so badly. and 2. Nintendo didn't consider using one of the biggest game series ever to sell the Wii U.

I mean activision didnt even reveal the Wii u version initially. They literally pretended it didnt exist lol. Ninty should have been smart and bundledd it with the console. My local Game had like 2 copies for Wii U in stock at launch.. If BO3 comes out on Wii U I hope to god that they dont pull that crap again.

xandaca

Like most people know, CoD Wii U games got sooooooo little attention it is unbeleivable that 1. Activision would neglect its own product so badly. and 2. Nintendo didn't consider using one of the biggest game series ever to sell the Wii U.

I mean activision didnt even reveal the Wii u version initially. They literally pretended it didnt exist lol. Ninty should have been smart and bundledd it with the console. Game had like 2 copies for Wii U in stock at launch.. If BO3 comes out on Wii U I hope to god that they dont pull that crap again.

Supposedly there was a COD Wii U bundle at one point, but then got canned for reasons unknown. A shame, because with even the ZombiU bundle being limited in numbers, it's the kind of adult-oriented third party promotion which might have helped the Wii U get out of the gate just a little easier.

Supposedly there was a COD Wii U bundle at one point, but then got canned for reasons unknown. A shame, because with even the ZombiU bundle being limited in numbers, it's the kind of adult-oriented third party promotion which might have helped the Wii U get out of the gate just a little easier.

I cannot believe that the ZombiU bundle goes for $700.00 on eBay now!!!

shanafan

I mean activision didnt even reveal the Wii u version initially. They literally pretended it didnt exist lol. Ninty should have been smart and bundledd it with the console. My local Game had like 2 copies for Wii U in stock at launch.. If BO3 comes out on Wii U I hope to god that they dont pull that crap again.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/16/nintendo-made-pro-controller-to-secure-call-of-duty-for-wii-u

It actually appears that Activision demanded Nintendo produce the Pro controller to support COD on Wii U.

... according to Michael Pachter :/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/16/nintendo-made-pro-controller-to-secure-call-of-duty-for-wii-u

It actually appears that Activision demanded Nintendo produce the Pro controller to support COD on Wii U.

... according to Michael Pachter :/

Patcher is not credible and usually wrong. I am hard-pressed to find reasons as to why that man still has a job or even gets quoted.

Pro controller is legit though, though I am more fond of the wiimote/nunchuk for FPS online multiplayer games. It is just way more accurate...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I still have very little hope, but I confirm. with both offtv on gamepad and remote plus nunchak control scheme options, I'd buy COD BLOPS III on Wii U. otherwise I'll skip it as usually do for fps

StevieP

Banned

Nintendo doesn't have an online fee to dump a small percentage of its proceeds into Activision coffers. It's actually in the interest of Activision's profitability for shareholders to get more people playing on the networks that require monthly fees, as more money goes back to them that way from other console manufacturers thanks some prior negotiations on the part of kotick. The reason ports existed at all on Nintendo platforms was because of a large install base willing to buy them in decent enough numbers (wii) or various incentives by the console maker for the port to appear (wii u). Treyarch's enjoyment of Nintendo platforms probably helped a touch but the above is the likeliest reason why you'd always find out about a Nintendo cod port after its release, without a single care from Activision and sometimes even what seems like active neglect of the product.

trixx

Wii u version of BO2 was great for 2 player online. Only downside was low player base but I'll buy this if it comes on Wii u

MouldyK

I'd buy BLOP 2 if I know the Local Multiplayer (1 on Gamepad, 1 on TV) was good.

How does that perform on BLOP 2 and Ghosts?

EDarkness

I'd buy BLOP 2 if I know the Local Multiplayer (1 on Gamepad, 1 on TV) was good.

How does that perform on BLOP 2 and Ghosts?

I don't know about Ghosts, but I do know that in BLOPs 2 it is pretty awesome and performs pretty well. I used to play this way with a friend of mine so I would use the remote/nunchuck on the TV and he would play on the Wiipad. Pretty fun and awesome that each person has their own display. Definitely worth looking into if you're considering something like that. I haven't tried it on Ghosts (I own the game, though), but I would assume it works just as well.

iKhayal18

I hope this comes true. BO2 on Wii U was great and the Gamepad was very useful. Even playing on the Gamepad felt great for me. Also, it still has an active community of around ~1000-2000 players depending on the hour. I already linked my NN account to show my support.

Pjsprojects

When I go to link the accounts on Callofduty.com it asks me to add info to my profile but then glitches so I can't add UK as location and carry on.

Anyone else have trouble with the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom