• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo account registration has appeared on callofduty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgejjvr

Yeah, this is how I feel. Those three versions will be treated like Titanfall Xbox 360 was, barely any marketing for those since the current gen versions are the focus.
360 and ps3 is a sure thing, wii u is what I am worried about. I really hope it happens tho, I get it there or I don't get it at all, I love B02 on wii u

I'm hoping for an E3 surprise

shanafan

360 and ps3 is a sure thing, wii u is what I am worried about. I really hope it happens tho, I get it there or I don't get it at all, I love B02 on wii u

I'm hoping for an E3 surprise

This whole "smirk" comment added in the quotation by Mark Lamia from Treyarch makes me hopeful he knows at least something. I really do not believe Treyarch would have no idea what Activision has planned. If there was a third party developing it, I am sure there is a communication between Treyarch and that third party at least at some point.

jorgejjvr

It should do the same thing either way, so it seems like they axed the option, but just forgot to remove it from the mobile version of the site.
Yeah. However, it was in place for awhile, I don't feel that was a mistake. And I'm sure taking it away only requires to remove like a line of code. But they already have all they need if they wish to put it back again. Maybe all the Wii U talk and speculation made them remove it. It might come back if BO3 does indeed come to wii u

catmario

Indeed, There is no NNID login function in callofduty.com's login page at PC webpage anymore.
But Still, They're accepting NNID registration on setting page.
If Activision removes registration function too, Possibility of Wii U version is less likely true.

Yeah. However, it was in place for awhile, I don't feel that was a mistake. And I'm sure taking it away only requires to remove like a line of code. But they already have all they need if they wish to put it back again. Maybe all the Wii U talk and speculation made them remove it. It might come back if BO3 does indeed come to wii u
I agree this. As link with other account requires somewhat complex agreement and technical work with platform holder, There must be reason to make NNID function on their website.

Call of Duty Declassified 2 for the 3DS
That probably wouldn't be a bad idea considering the user base size and the fact that a game with some resemblance of effort on 3DS would actually be recognizable as a Call of Duty game (unlike the DS entries which still sold surprisingly well for what they were).

Anyway, I'd buy it.

Effect

There it is. It was nice that it was up but knew one shouldn't get their hopes up regarding the latest game. Hoped but cautiously. I figured the shoe would drop as a they say. Still up in the air I think but at the same time I don't think we should do the whole " wait for confirmation". Activision has been known not to give confirmations on things nearly everyone agrees wouldn't happen.

I say approach this with the belief a Call of Duty game isn't coming. If one wants a shooter experience they should be looking at Devil's Third and hoping it's good. Looking at Splatoon. Track down copies of Black Ops 2 and Ghosts. Or play the new game on another system. Holding out hope on this front just makes one frustrated. If it shows up then great. If not then you won't have invested to much in it if the Wii U is your system of choice. Be mad/upset at Nintendo for not doing what was required to make sure their hardware sold not Activision I feel. At least on this front if things ever go in that direction for some people.

Is the Nintendo Network sign still at callofduty.com?

I don't see it. It's been a while since I visited though and I don't see any of the account linking.

shanafan

Is the Nintendo Network sign still at callofduty.com?

I don't see it. It's been a while since I visited though and I don't see any of the account linking.

Yep. First you need to login, and then choose the gear in the upper right corner and it's there.

Discomurf

Terrible source for that rumor.

o rly? sorry i didn't know...

i just noticed they did finally update the login to not include Nintendo, but at the time they may have been setting up the framework to support the network in the future - who knows? I remember around this same time Slightly Mad Studios mentioning they heard rumblings of the NX... so its very possible some top tier studios have been working on things since then. If Activision is indeed on board I imagine a COD port for NX has pretty good odds.

Symbiotx

Guys, this is not indicative of any future releases. It's there because you get rewards for playing the past games like the true vet weapon skin.

I have had my Nintendo account linked for a while, I don't think it means anything for new Nintendo versions.

Banned
o rly? sorry i didn't know...

i just noticed they did finally update the login to not include Nintendo, but at the time they may have been setting up the framework to support the network in the future - who knows? I remember around this same time Slightly Mad Studios mentioning they heard rumblings of the NX... so its very possible some top tier studios have been working on things since then. If Activision is indeed on board I imagine a COD port for NX has pretty good odds.
Call of duty was even there for the Wii U launch and the Wii so seeing a Nintendo network logo is no surprise.

If you start seeing it for Destiny or something than it becomes significant.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I love the fact that he bypassed the fact that this website is banned on GAF by using an URL compressor.

Symbiotx

Have you guys seen the ps3/360 versions of blops3? I don't know why anyone would hope for a Wii U release when it'll probably be the same crappy version of it.

The xbone/ps4 version is the way to go.

Hasney

Have you guys seen the ps3/360 versions of blops3? I don't know why anyone would hope for a Wii U release when it'll probably be the same crappy version of it.

The xbone/ps4 version is the way to go.

Look at the dates, this was back when BLOPS3 wasn't even out yet. This is a necrobump.

Discomurf

I love the fact that he bypassed the fact that this website is banned on GAF by using an URL compressor.

yes,. I cant believe HE did that BY2K ;) ... just to be clear this is speculation its a RUMOR peeps - are we not allowed to discuss?

BY2K

Membero Americo
yes,. I cant believe HE did that BY2K ;) ... just to be clear this is speculation its a RUMOR peeps - are we not allowed to discuss?

Hey, how was I supposed to know?

Also, there's a reason that website is banned. Not exactly sure why but if I had to guess it's because it posts a lot of bullshit rumors.

Hasney

I don't know, can we discuss my hot rumor that the NX proves that the earth is flat? This is from the same source that told us that several Nintendo Wii U games would have off screen play.

It's best to discuss things with actual merit rather than crackpot theories posted onto the internet.

Dual Pixels said:
Activision is interested in bringing Beyond Destiny to NX due to the fact you can play local and online multiplayer between units at the same time as well that the new mainline Pokémon games will not only guarantee a big NX user base but a new type of audience they can bring into the franchise. If this deal comes into fruition, Activision will release a “complete” version of the first Destiny game on NX in early 2017.

Uhhhh

Discomurf

Hey, how was I supposed to know?

Also, there's a reason that website is banned. Not exactly sure why but if I had to guess it's because it posts a lot of bullshit rumors.

I get ya, I was just trying to link the source of the rumor for relevance, so if its banned I'll remove. The point is I thought this thread was related to the recent rumors because of the curious Nintendo Network inclusion on callofduty.com late last year. It could be evidence of an NX game or could be nothing. Just thought it was an interesting coincidence.

Also anyone know if this source 'Geno' is the same as the author of Dual Pixels?
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gam...-Duty-Bloodlines-Destiny-Nintendo-NX-revealed

BY2K

Membero Americo
I get ya, I was just trying to link the source of the rumor for relevance, so if its banned I'll remove. The point is I thought this thread was related to the recent rumors because of the curious Nintendo Network inclusion on callofduty.com late last year. It could be evidence of an NX game or could be nothing. Just thought it was an interesting coincidence.

Also anyone know if this source 'Geno' is the same as the author of Dual Pixels?
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gam...-Duty-Bloodlines-Destiny-Nintendo-NX-revealed

Yes it is.

21XX

Banned
"@Activision @Treyarch Why we can connect our Nintendo IDs to the Call of Duty site if you are not developing nothing for it?"

Then again, maybe they just got tripped up by that fantastically crafted sentence.

catmario

nVQyQXp.jpg

I know this thread bumping is meaningless, but I'm still curious about that NNID thing.

callofduty.com has recently been redesigned, and NNID function is still exists on account setting.
If Activision has no plan for releasing any COD games on Nintendo platform, NNID function is useless. This is weird.

nVQyQXp.jpg

I know this thread bumping is meaningless, but I'm still curious about that NNID thing.

callofduty.com has recently been redesigned, and NNID function is still exists on account setting.
If Activision has no plan for releasing any COD games on Nintendo platform, NNID function is useless. This is weird.
NNID is defunct.
Edit: though it does say Nintendo Account, which is correct. The logo is wrong. But since it's the same terminology as last time anyway, I don't think that means much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom