• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Cyanogen almost partnered for the Switch

Koyuga

I'm so glad Nintendo dodged that bullet. The OS for switch is buttery smooth and snappy as hell. The best performing OS I've ever seen on a console.

Cyanogen's been dead for a while. So glad that Nintendo dodged the bullet...

Lineage OS is the "new" CyanogenMod, without all the shitty CM practises. And it is open source unlike the CM in the later iterations.

Kayant

I believe it only because it's exactly the kind of thing Kirt would say then again he likes to talk shit so...
Cuningas de Häme;232506976 said:
Cyanogen's been dead for a while. So glad that Nintendo dodged the bullet...

Lineage OS is the "new" CyanogenMod, without all the shitty CM practises. And it is open source unlike the CM in the later iterations.
CM also stayed open-source. CyanogenMod inc was totally different but based off CM although around that time iirc is when CM started to roll a lot of their changes into library's (SDK) so in order to use some features you had to have this SDK unlike before where it was easier to implement the feature in another custom rom.

test_account

XP-39C²
Can you prove the switch runs FreeBSD? Nobody is able to confirm this and are instead relying on a licensing notice which proves nothing.
I wouldnt say that it proves nothing. I mean, why would there be a licensing notice for FreeBSD on the Switch if it doesnt use it?

HorseFD

Does anyone know why on earth Nintendo would want to use Cyanogen when they could just modify Android themselves? It doesn't make sense to me.

leeh

This guy should of been honoured to of been approached by Nintendo. The etlism in some people...

Does anyone know why on earth Nintendo would want to use Cyanogen when they could just modify Android themselves? It doesn't make sense to me.
Develop a cheap contract to a team who knows the OS inside-out. Sounds win win.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Everybody who says there's a defense force for something are actually on the opposite side defending somethin as well. So you on a defense force as well and so am I. There really is a defense force for everything... howbowdah??
I'm a part of the anti-defence force defence force

Boogybro

gpnZ4On.jpg

What's to defend here? The guy likes the switch from the sounds of it, but his comment is silly. Do we really need this "gaf defense force" shit on every thread where a Nintendo fan has an opinion? Good fucking grief.

Posters like this have nothing to add to the discussion so they fall back to defense force crap.

Ignore them.

Top Bottom