• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces 3DS Control Expansion Pack, details in OP, STOP POSTING SCANS

24FrameDaVinci said:
The best part of this thread is looking at all the fallen members. Like >80% ban rate on a thread that old lol

haha Crazy.

Looking at that thread brings back memories of endlessly lurking on Neogaf back in the day at one of my old jobs, good times.

Speaking of Mario 64 DS, I never had a problem playing with the DPad (only move that gave me trouble was doing a reverse backflip while running) but being able to play it with the analog slider is a real pleasure and has given me reason to play it again.

The M.O.B

Welp looks like i'm getting a 3DS. I pre-ordered the flare red from Amazon a long time ago and I forgot about it. I didn't want one anymore but now they just informed me they shipped it and it's arriving tomorrow

:shrug

Izayoi

Banned
The M.O.B said:
Welp looks like i'm getting a 3DS. I pre-ordered the flare red from Amazon a long time ago and I forgot about it. I didn't want one anymore but now they just informed me they shipped it and it's arriving tomorrow

:shrug
QUICK SELL IT BEFORE NINTENDO GOES THIRD PARTY

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
dwu8991 said:
I hope Luigi's Mansion 2 takes advantage of the second circle pad. It would be a remiss if it did not!!!
What Luigi (and an hypotethical Wave Race) would really benefit from is rumble.

Wow. This whole situation is just a mess. Best of luck to Nintendo to get back on their feet!

Which will happen anyway because of the games being released this holiday for the 3DS.

You'd think being an attachment for portable monster hunter they'd put extra battery in there considering they've got all that extra space inside...

How could they not think of utilizing that?

Javier

ColonialRaptor said:
You'd think being an attachment for portable monster hunter they'd put extra battery in there considering they've got all that extra space inside...

How could they not think of utilizing that?
It's dirt cheap (I think one site reported it was supposed to cost $10) and it supposedly connects through the IR port. If that's true then there's no way it has an extended battery.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
tino said:
This thread has officially topped the DQ9 thread for me as the most melt-down thread in my GAF history.

To me, DQIX on DS was much more surprising than the 2nd analogue stick. It did surprise me sure, but at the end of the day, it's an add-on. That's not anything new for Nintendo. Rumble Pak, Motion +, etc.

I think far too big a deal is being made at the moment. For now it's just an extension for MH3G that isn't even technically required to play the game.

we're all doomed every game will require it and nintendo will proudly display it at every venue, the redesign will happen next week and have the stick built in

jett

D-Member
Has Nintendo secretly canceled this shit? I find it weird that it wasn't shown at all in their 3DS conference.

ShockingAlberto said:
It does appear the pan is only for MH for right now.

Like how the Transfer Pak was designed for Pokemon Stadium?

And the eReader was designed for the three or four games that used it?

You guys are acting surprised that Nintendo develops peripherals that only one or two games use and then disappear.

fernoca

Somnid said:
I do believe this is now the greatest over-reaction in GAF history.
Nah, might be topped soon anyway. Heck there are bitter tears already for Monster Hunter 4 and how the 3DS is NOW doomed outside Japan. :p

So, is the omission of this monstrosity from the conference a sign that it's simply an optional, throwaway peripheral... or does it imply that Nintendo plans to redesign the system with two sticks, but they simply do not want to draw attention to it yet?

You decide, GAF.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Father_Brain said:
So maybe they didn't show it due to backlash... but it has to be coming out this year, so what's the point in hiding it?
They didn't show it because it's just another peripheral for Nintendo.

fernoca

Father_Brain said:
So maybe they didn't show it due to backlash... but it has to be coming out this year, so what's the point in hiding it?
Maybe because it was never supposed to be something as "big" as GAF made it out to be. The thing barely got one page of coverage (and half of it were just pictures of it), along Tri G.

The thing was shown along the Monster Hunter Tri G. The producer talked about it been used to bring CCPro controls to the 3DS players of Tri G.

Is like Nintendo decided to release Wii Remote Cradle/Stick for the Wii along with Mario Party 9 and show it in Famitsu along the coverage of Mario Party 9. And people go crazy saying "OMG Wiimote redesign incoming ,Wiimote am obsolete!!" :p

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Odd as fuck that this wasn't shown though. Just makes everyone get even more outlandish on their theories no matter what way they lean on this thing.

Anth0ny

_dementia said:
I assume they're revising it based on all the negative feedback.

Most likely.

And there was really no reason to show it off at today's press conference. We all know it exists. There were no playable demos at the show, so there was no chance in hell they were going to bust out the frankenstick.

I also didn't think they'd announce a new iteration of 3DS at this press conference. It's way too soon after the price drop, and before their first holiday season.

Right now, Monster Hunter is probably the only game being developed with this thing in mind. Because of the negative feedback, they're going to quietly release Monster Hunter with the frankenstick. Some time next year, 3DS Lite will be announced with a built in second analog stick, maybe as a bundle with Monster Hunter in Japan.

From there, everyone will start releasing games with the dual analog support. Then again, I hope it's early 2012, so games like Snake Eater and Kid Icarus could take advantage of it.

Top Bottom