• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Back-To-School Deals, Offers Some of the Biggest Hits for sub-$20

Shiggy

Thank you.

I bought the 2ds when it got a price drop but stopped using it because it gave me hand cramps very quickly. Is that a problem with the regular new 3ds?

It's probably worse, and I use a new 3DS XL which is still better. 2DS is probably the most comfortable system in the 3DS family.

Ridley327

Was hoping for Hyrule Warriors with all the DLC, maybe third wave of nintendo selects *crosses fingers*

They are not going to do a ultimate edition of the game for that cheap, especially with the 3DS port out now. The best you can hope for is a wave 3 that includes the base game.

IrishNinja

as a big fan of OG luigi's mansion, the new one is huuuuuuge - lotta content there if you're down, and some of it has a bit of challenge too!

really hoping the WU titles i missed out on (mash, kart, splatoon, maker) hit that $20 sweet spot sometime

Defintetly getting lego city for wii U once its up, been wanting that for a while now and its a sure buy for me at that price.

Filter

My copy of Nintendo selects Wind Waker HD arrived last night. I think it's been a Nintendo selects in Europe since April. I assumed it was in America too but I guess not?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Curious about LCU as well - for both Wii U and 3DS. The talk about miserably long load times is the thing that turns me off of the Wii U version.

Ridley327

My copy of Nintendo selects Wind Waker HD arrived last night. I think it's been a Nintendo selects in Europe since April. I assumed it was in America too but I guess not?

The NS lineup for both regions has had some variances. Wave 1 in Europe already featured WWHD, LCU and Nintendo Land, as well as getting Wii Party U and NSMBU+NSLU to themselves, but the US got Pikmin 3, SM3DW and NES Remix Pack. The only shared game at the time was DKC:TF.

yyr

These aren't getting the ugly Selects re-packaging are they?

The best part of the ugly Selects re-packaging is the fact that these are new SKUs, and therefore, Amazon Prime will give us 20% off.

$14 is actually sub-$20. YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH

edit: yes, it's $16. how do i math

Is Lego City Undercover The Chase Begins any good? I loved the Wii U game.

Curious about LCU as well - for both Wii U and 3DS. The talk about miserably long load times is the thing that turns me off of the Wii U version.

The 3DS version is honestly pretty bad. The world is segmented in smaller sections that have their own missions and there is an incredible fog not seen since the N64. The missions are super simple simple and have no real story or comedy to them.

There is very little voice acting which made the Wii U version hilarious.

It also feels like a game made simply to fulfill an agreement.

The background of Lego City makes it seem like the past events that lead to the circumstances of characters in that game as being interesting.

What actually happens in the 3DS prequel is super light and disappointing. You can honestly write the complete story in one paragraph, no hyperbole.

I liked that I played it for completion and really liked that I play it before the Wii U game.

As for load times it's over a minute to load up for the first time and every time you enter or leave headquarters. The actual open world doesn't have any loads but you do have to visit headquarters frequently.

//ARCANUM

Any word on when that New 3DS bundle will go up for pre-order? I'm expecting piss-poor quantities just like the previous bundles.

Ramsiege

Rebuying Wind Waker and Lego City Undercover for Wii-U. Regretted trading those in but they were to pricey to buy again.

TheFuzz

Damn I just bought both AC and Luigis Mansion digital last week!!! Ugh.

I also bought a n3DSxl recently as well.... I wanted a regular but couldn't afford the price hike. Would anyone recommend downgrading or is the nXL a better device?

Ridley327

Damn I just bought both AC and Luigis Mansion digital last week!!! Ugh.

I also bought a n3DSxl recently as well.... I wanted a regular but couldn't afford the price hike. Would anyone recommend downgrading or is the nXL a better device?

It comes down to which size your more comfortable with. The under-the-hood functionality is identical, but you do gain swappable faceplates on the regular sized n3DS.

TheFuzz

It comes down to which size your more comfortable with. The under-the-hood functionality is identical, but you do gain swappable faceplates on the regular sized n3DS.

I loved the look, but I had a OG 3rs and it wasn't comfortable to hold. I'm thinking this may have the same problem for me.

KingBroly

Banned
I hope this means Nintendo Land's glorious return to the land of digital as well.

Also, you all better buy Lego City Undercover on Wii U. Despite the ever-increasing load times, it's the best Lego game.

The 3DS version is honestly pretty bad. The world is segmented in smaller sections that have their own missions and there is an incredible fog not seen since the N64. The missions are super simple simple and have no real story or comedy to them.

There is very little voice acting which made the Wii U version hilarious.

It also feels like a game made simply to fulfill an agreement.

The background of Lego City makes it seem like the past events that lead to the circumstances of characters in that game as being interesting.

What actually happens in the 3DS prequel is super light and disappointing. You can honestly write the complete story in one paragraph, no hyperbole.

I liked that I played it for completion and really liked that I play it before the Wii U game.

As for load times it's over a minute to load up for the first time and every time you enter or leave headquarters. The actual open world doesn't have any loads but you do have to visit headquarters frequently.

What's the verdict on the 3DS Lego games in general? Only since Marvel's Avengers last year did they make them open-world. How have they been? Lego Chima: Laval's Journey is one of the few actually mainly for 3DS (Vita as usual was an up-port of it). That looked particularly good.

Lego Pirates I heard was supposed to run in 60fps (and being a Wii port) but when I tried it out it was in 30fps, unless I missed a menu option (can't recall any options menu when I tried it).

What are your thoughts if you've played other 3DS Lego games?

What's the verdict on the 3DS Lego games in general? Only since Marvel's Avengers last year did they make them open-world. How have they been? Lego Chima: Laval's Journey is one of the few actually mainly for 3DS (Vita as usual was an up-port of it). That looked particularly good.

Lego Pirates I heard was supposed to run in 60fps (and being a Wii port) but when I tried it out it was in 30fps, unless I missed a menu option (can't recall any options menu when I tried it).

What are your thoughts if you've played other 3DS Lego games?

In an unusual twist the only other Lego game I put a lot of time in (so far) was Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. It was bought as a gift for someone and the story is quite complicated and kind of sad.

Anyway this is in October 2011 shortly after I got my 3DS and I haven't played it since April 2012 (3DS Activity Log) so you'll have to forgive my memory. I played for 13 hours.

For Lego City 3DS I played for less than a month from late September 2013 but put in over 20 hours.

Based on what I remember of Lego Pirates the levels were super simple and narrow. Extremely linear with a a lot of fight some guys, search some spots for blocks then build a thing.

Can't comment more than that, sorry.

In an unusual twist the only other Lego game I put a lot of time in (so far) was Lego Pirates of the Caribbean. It was bought as a gift for someone and the story is quite complicated and kind of sad.

Anyway this is in October 2011 shortly after I got my 3DS and I haven't played it since April 2012 (3DS Activity Log) so you'll have to forgive my memory. I played for 13 hours.

For Lego City 3DS I played for less than a month from late September 2013 but put in over 20 hours.

Based on what I remember of Lego Pirates the levels were super simple and narrow. Extremely linear with a a lot of fight some guys, search some spots for blocks then build a thing.

Can't comment more than that, sorry.

No worries! Thanks anyway! :)

This is perfect news for my wife, her OG 3DS A button broke and it looks ridiculously hard to fix. I'm still holding out for a black one...Nintendo would be crazy not to release a Sun/Moon bundle.

Only problem is we already both have physical copies of Mario 3D Land, but whatever.

No worries! Thanks anyway! :)

I do actually have a unopened Vita copy of Laval's Journey.

When Target was clearing out games for 70% off earlier this year (or last?) I decided to buy every single game I could find across stores (a few were slightly cheaper elsewhere or not worth it) it was 24 games for like $210 or something.

This is perfect news for my wife, her OG 3DS A button broke and it looks ridiculously hard to fix. I'm still holding out for a black one...Nintendo would be crazy not to release a Sun/Moon bundle.

Only problem is we already both have physical copies of Mario 3D Land, but whatever.

Now you can play it any time without switching out a cart.

Which is how I kept playing animal crossing games for so long.

Ondore

3D Land saves to the game card, but there's a free utility on the eShop that lets you transfer save data from the card to the download file. (It's one way.)

Just last night I was looking around for prices on the regular New 3DS, then I saw this thread this morning. Nintendo you lovable bastards.

Top Bottom