• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Kirby 20th Anniversary Wii disc

Persona7

Banned
My guess for the list is

Kirby's Dream Land GB
Kirby's Adventure NES
Kirby's Super Star SNES
Kirby's Dream Land 2 GB
Kirby's Dream Land 3 SNES
Kirby's Crystal Shards N64

Somehow I doubt we'll see any of the spin off titles, I'd rooting for Kirby's Dream Course to get in, loved that game

Nintendo won't put that many games on one disk.

Gotta be all the Dreamland games, 64, Nightmare in Dreamland, Dream Course, Pinball and Avalanche.

Anything that is still salable at retail (see: DS games) or was an Ambassador Game won't be here.

randomkid

Just for reference, these Kirby games are available on Wii Virtual Console

Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Kirby's Dream Course (SNES)
Kirby's Avalanche (SNES)
Kirby Super Star (SNES)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64)

And Kirby's Dream Land (GB) is available on 3DS Virtual Console.

Bolded are my guesses for what we'll get.

If they include attractive packaging and some kinda soundtrack and bonus materials, I will be in for less than $30, if only because I've never played Dream Land 3, the battery in my Super Star cartridge keeps resetting, and I would like an accessible way to play the Bomberman-esque mini game from Kirby 64 (greatest 4-player game Nintendo has ever released) with friends.

Platy

3CWEw.jpg

Took waaay too long xD

...but Nintendo of America tweeted the non angry one .... wich kinda makes me sad =P

Would be awesome if they added all Kirby console games released, but they'll probably release the NES-N64 games. I'll buy it anyways!

Yeah I'll buy this and leave it wrapped like I did with my Mario 25th anniv. and Prime collections....

The money in 20 years will be glorious!!!!

I'm an idiot I know

Yuterald

Funny timing, I just got done 100%'ing Kirby Return to Dreamland. I'm totally ready for some more Kirby.

You know, now that I think about it, what happened to that Dragon Quest Anniversary Wii collection? Why hasn't that been released in the states yet? Is it because Square Enix published it in Japan? I could really go for that collection too almost more so than a Kirby compilation. =/

A Kirby Compilation Disc? Colour me interested. I've never played a Kirby title before, so it would be cool way to enter the series.

Neiteio

The craziest (and best) outcome would be a Metroid Prime Trilogy-style deal that compiles a number of Kirby titles, including last year's Return to Dreamland and 2010's Epic Yarn, as well as the usual suspects (Super Star, Crystal Shards, etc) and even the GBA games. Retail it for $50 USD, mark "Return" and "Epic Yarn" down to $30 or $40, and hope to rope in new customers enticed by the compilation or looking to collect it all on one disk. It could be a limited run.

Trike

We’re thrilled to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Kirby by releasing a special Wii disc featuring all your favorite Kirby games this year! Which Kirby games are looking forward to playing again?

Holy shit, they have not yet even started to choose the games. Mine are Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kirby's Superstar Ultra, Kirby's Mass Attack, and Kirby Squeek Squad. Release all of those on the 20th anniversary disc Nintendo! I fucking dare you.

I passed on the Mario one as I had played those games to death over the years. Have played most, but not all of the classic Kirby games so I'll definitely buy this.

Koodo

Banned
Not to rain on Kirby's parade, but I, too, am absolutely pressed that Queen Aran was shunned from these anniversary festivities.

4Oqp4.gif

Not to rain on Kirby's parade, but I, too, am absolutely pressed that Queen Aran was shunned from these anniversary festivities.

4Oqp4.gif

Nobody should be shocked Kirby got a proper 20th before Sammy. Iwata used to work at HAL, no surprise his baby gets the goods first. After Mario and Zelda, with Iwata running things it's only natural Kirby's time had come! And a great time it is, WAR Kirby.

Yuterald

How the fuck did you beat the True Arena? That thing is impossible, even abusing Leaf Kirby...

Took me a few tries, but I didn't even have to resort to Leaf Kirby. I used the Water ability. The water ability forward dash move has invincibility frames. You can dash through every projectile, on screen attack, etc. Plus, the upwards water spray provides good air damage/control. I BARELY had health left though when I finished this. I think I was like 2 hits away from dying.

Teknoman

What made the Mario 20th collection was that All Stars isnt availible anywhere else. With Kirby...most of the games aside from Dreamland 2, are either already on the Wii / 3DS VC, or have been remade. Wonder how they'll set them apart.

Crub

My guess for the list is

Kirby's Dream Land GB
Kirby's Adventure NES
Kirby's Super Star SNES
Kirby's Dream Land 2 GB
Kirby's Dream Land 3 SNES
Kirby's Crystal Shards N64

Somehow I doubt we'll see any of the spin off titles, I'd rooting for Kirby's Dream Course to get in, loved that game

I doubt the collection will have any portable titles.

Top Bottom