• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces New eShop Content for the US (Pushmo sequel, Guild01, etc)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Mario Golf? Oh yeah.

Can't wait for the eventual Mario Tennis announcement.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Looks like Nintendo is trying to stick to their guns with not devaluing software, but unfortunately they're being a bit too stringent. Mind you, most of these games have plenty of content they're not Pilotwings Resort.

I think they really should have made the e-shop rebate program attached to the Wii U Deluxe system a standard program for everyone on both Wii U and 3DS. Provide incentives that result in lower prices over time, without pissing off retailers that every game directly undercuts MSRP.

THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF.

I THINK I AM HAVING A HEART ATTACK. TOO MUCH! TOO MUCH!!

Thank you NOA. You actually done something right.

Wario Land 2
Fluidity 2
Mario Golf
Night Sky
Lost Levels (weird that this isn't Mario 2 US but whatever. Maybe I will finally beat it with save states.)
Crashmo.
Mario Kart 7 (Won't buy until the save transfer thing is out)

ALL IN A THREE MONTH SPAN.

Holy Fuck. I am suddenly not hyped for WiiU anymore. Bring on the 3DS goodies.

sajj316

Sorry a bit out of the loop on e-shop downloads. If I download it on my SD card and then purchase an XL .. no issues with the transfer, right? Are the downloads tied to the e-shop account or still to the system?

gryz

Banned
i thought zelda 2 was one of the "exclusive" rewards for the ambassador program. now just any riff raff can get it?

Aeana

Sorry a bit out of the loop on e-shop downloads. If I download it on my SD card and then purchase an XL .. no issues with the transfer, right? Are the downloads tied to the e-shop account or still to the system?
You will have to actually initiate the transfer from the 3DS to the XL, which moves everything to the XL and associates the data on the SD card with the XL, and deletes from the 3DS. There are no eShop accounts.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'd really, really, really like to hear someone from Nintendo answer the digital content naming question. Yes, yes, yes, different stuff plays differently to different audiences, tailored marketing, we're not idiots--but why is it that essentially EVERY piece of digital content gets a different name across regions and essentially NO pieces of retail content do? It's like a running gag at this point more than anything :p

And I figured Nintendo will ruin the appeal of Steel Diver and Pilotwings some more. As much as I enjoyed the latter, considering they were at 5 dollars or even given away as free, they should be free to say fuck retailers, because they're not getting money from me on this.

Dammit.

i thought zelda 2 was one of the "exclusive" rewards for the ambassador program. now just any riff raff can get it?

The NES games were not exclusive. The GBA games are the exclusive ones. The non-Ambassador peasants are never getting those. NEVER! >:)

Meier

Awesome! I'm thrilled about Guild01 coming.. I guess they're just going to sell the titles individually? I wonder if they'll be $5 or $10 or what.

zroid

Banned
So we aren't getting that RPG shopkeeper game from G01?

Awesome! I'm thrilled about Guild01 coming.. I guess they're just going to sell the titles individually? I wonder if they'll be $5 or $10 or what.

I'm betting 10 at least. Maybe 15.

backlot

Nintendo said at the time that the NES games would eventually go on sale to the public and some already have.

What is Castlevania: The Adventure and is it any good?

As a CV nut I am obligated to buy it, however, it's a very slooooow and short CV spin-off. It was an early GB game and it shows. I can't recommend it except to CV diehards.

The Wii game based off of it is quite good, though. Well worth a purchase.

ohlawd

Getting all 3 Guild01 titles. Really looking forward to Suda's game the most and Crashmo.

damn I'm happy.

Really excited for Crashmo, Nightsky and the Guild 01 stuff, though I'm sad the Blacksmith game didn't make it. Maybe with round 2?

VC lineup is pitiful given it's for 3 months, but fuck, I'll take *anything* at this point. At least Mario Golf is soonish.

gryz

Banned
You will have to actually initiate the transfer from the 3DS to the XL, which moves everything to the XL and associates the data on the SD card with the XL, and deletes from the 3DS. There are no eShop accounts.

I just did this a couple days ago. just wanna add that after you do this you can dump the contents of your old SD card onto a newer/bigger SD card and it will still work in the XL.

RM8

Okay, so I want:
- Crashmo
- NightSky
- Aero Porter
- Crimson Shroud
- Mario Golf
- Castlevania: The Adventure (only so they hurry up and bring Belmont's Revenge, honestly)
- Ninja Gaiden
- Wario Land II
- SMB The Lost Levels (this is the real SMB1 as far as I'm concerned and not the real SMB2)

And demos for 3 games I was planning to buy? Too good.

Velcro Fly

eShop is going to get so much of my money between now and the end of the year. Not even counting overpriced retail games available digitally.

I feel like I could probably spend two $20 point card easily by the end of the year, between NSMB2 DLC and all the games coming out that interest me.

If only I wasn't getting taxed twice on them :(

I'd really, really, really like to hear someone from Nintendo answer the digital content naming question. Yes, yes, yes, different stuff plays differently to different audiences, tailored marketing, we're not idiots--but why is it that essentially EVERY piece of digital content gets a different name across regions and essentially NO pieces of retail content do? It's like a running gag at this point more than anything :p

It turns out the guys who owned the rights to "Star Fox" in Europe also bought a huge bundle of random and oddly specific trademarks years ago and never let go of them. Who knew!

Somnid

It's most likely intentional, like to drive Europeans punching these games into search engines to regional sites or something.

Case in point: Hana Samurai : Art of the Sword. They replaced a Japanese word for another Japanese word that means something similar for a region that does not speak Japanese. Nobody could tell the difference unless they spoke Japanese.

Lost Levels (weird that this isn't Mario 2 US but whatever. Maybe I will finally beat it with save states.)
They probably want to release the Advance versions of SMB2 and 3 instead and make more money that way.

This is actually really cool and a big step up from whatever the hell they were doing at first. I like that they actually laid out the VC schedule as well. Still want those GBA games!

zroid

Banned
eShop is going to get so much of my money between now and the end of the year. Not even counting overpriced retail games available digitally.

I feel like I could probably spend two $20 point card easily by the end of the year, between NSMB2 DLC and all the games coming out that interest me.

If only I wasn't getting taxed twice on them :(

Why are you getting taxed on the cards? Isn't it illegal to charge tax on electronic money cards?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Most likely, NoJ forces their overseas branches to maintain branding consistency for retail titles but doesn't care as much about their digital offerings. Also doesn't help that most retail titles are pre-established brands while the digital offerings are new IPs, open to new naming interpretations.

Etzer

Yes! Guild 01 games! Also, I've been playing Catherine lately, so Crashmo sounds awesome (haven't played Pushmo yet).

On the other hand, $40 for digital titles, is just...
X2Z1m.gif

And, yet, I think I'll get Mario Kart 7 digitally.

Demos for Adventure Time and Epic Mickey are nice, could make or break a purchase for me.
Same here.

wsippel

Banned
I'd love to know as well. What's with the Sakura Samurai -> Hana Samurai renaming? Sakura means cherry blossom, hana means flower - Japanese in both cases, similar meaning. I don't get it. Copyright issues?

Top Bottom