• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces New eShop Content for the US (Pushmo sequel, Guild01, etc)

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I'm from the U.S. and last time I checked (2 days ago) it wasn't, source?
Or at least that's what I read here, because Nintendo is not publishing it here, Level 5 is doing it, so that excludes it from the "every Nintendo retail release will be DD too" thing.

Nintendo is publishing the hell out of it.

Jucksalbe

Banned
So which of the Guild01 games are actually supposed to be good? Looking at some Japanese trailers, Crimson Shroud seems to be the only one that looks somewhat decent.

Gonna be getting crashmo, lost levels, Zelda 2, fluidity, and all guild01 games.

This will be great!

Hope Matsuno's game makes a fortune and he releases more small hardcore RPG's for the eshop.

zroid

Banned
So which of the Guild01 games are actually supposed to be good? Looking at some Japanese trailers, Crimson Shroud seems to be the only one that looks somewhat decent.

I've heard good things about all of them. Aeroporter in particular was supposedly a pleasant surprise.

Actually somewhat surprisingly the only title that I've heard much negativity for was Crimson Shroud. Need to look into that more.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'd love to know as well. What's with the Sakura Samurai -> Hana Samurai renaming? Sakura means cherry blossom, hana means flower - Japanese in both cases, similar meaning. I don't get it. Copyright issues?

Trademark issues specifically. Looking it up, it seems that Shueisha Inc. (the publishers of Shonen Jump and Naruto) holds the trademark for "Sakura" for "downloadable computer game software" until 2016. Meanwhile in the US, Shueisha only had the trademark "Sakura Haruno" for game software and even that expired back in 2007.

So yes, it got renamed to "Hana Samurai" in Europe due to this annoying character:

4U3v0.jpg

rjc571

Banned
Oh yes, Crashmo will be MINE.

It has a lot to live up to, seeing how Pushmo is pretty much the most perfect game ever made, but if anyone can pull off improving on perfection, it's Nintendo.

No I thought he was in charge of Game & Wario since he was the one doing the WarioWare games but now I remembered about Tomodachi Collection 2.
Oh, yeah. Wario Ware tends to be a collab with IntSys anyway, I think the only ones SPD1 did themselves were the original and Twisted.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I've heard good things about all of them. Aeroporter in particular was supposedly a pleasant surprise.

Actually somewhat surprisingly the only title that I've heard much negativity for was Crimson Shroud. Need to look into that more.

Ha, oh well, since the EU seems to get those games earlier, we will have plenty of impressions until the games (or at least the first) release in the US.

Lost in all of this is no Kirby's Dream Land 2.

February in Japan
May in Europe

N/A in NA :(
Not just that. Missing games that NOA previously confirmed for release already:

Colums (GG)
Gradius (NES)
Harvest Moon GBC (GBC)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB)
Kirby's Star Stacker (GB)
Legend of the River King GBC (GBC)
Shantae (GBC)
Sonic Blast (GG)
Sonic Drift 2 (GG)
Sonic Labyrinth (GG)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Kart 7 will become available for purchase from the Nintendo eShop on Oct. 18 at a price of $39.99 each. Additional Nintendo 3DS software currently only available at retail stores will become available in the Nintendo eShop in the future.

That's what I like to see.

Having Mario Kart always with me = heaven.

Drago

Wario Land 2 on Dec. 20th? I'm sure Europe will have all 3 games by then. :(

Lots of other good stuff though!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not just that. Missing games that NOA previously confirmed for release already:

Colums (GG)
Gradius (NES)
Harvest Moon GBC (GBC)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB)
Kirby's Star Stacker (GB)
Legend of the River King GBC (GBC)
Shantae (GBC)
Sonic Blast (GG)
Sonic Drift 2 (GG)
Sonic Labyrinth (GG)

I'd be willing to bet that they're holding off on Harvest Moon GBC to cross promote with HM:A New Beginning in November.

massoluk

Banned
One of the 8-4 Play dudes played Crimson Shroud, didn't sound like they liked it at all.

That left me with that RPG shop game and Liberation Girl from the package. I hope the former come over some day.

While these are all fantastic announcements, and I'll be enjoying many an announced game,what in the hell is Skip up to?!?!?!

I NEED MORE ART STYLE

zroid

Banned
Pushmo can suck it. Give me a good Game Freak game any day.

And to think that I liked you. Such a fool I was! :mad:

This is crazy. Looks like you'll have to pull out the black part, and all the other parts will fall down behind it, and you gotta go back around it and climb up. Note the space in front of and behind the puzzle.

Yeeeeep. I wonder if you can give the puzzles themselves depth when you design them, or if they'll always be 1 block deep.

rjc571

Banned
While these are all fantastic announcements, and I'll be enjoying many an announced game,what in the hell is Skip up to?!?!?!

I NEED MORE ART STYLE

They're hard at work translating Welcome Home Chibi Robo! for the US, and developing Chibi Robo 4 for Wii U.
Yeah, right

Top Bottom