• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctre81

Snagged one at Besbuy this morning. Had to get there almost 3 hrs before they oepned though :/

They had at least 80 people there about and hr before they opened. They got 35.

Syriel

I had it in my GameStop cart, and then when I logged in to apply my power rewards #, my cart emptied. :|

in stock on gamestop

Can't actually add to cart though. Gamestop can't handle the load.

Site just sits there spinning.

Six? She's got a hell of a lot more than that, yo.

Those are just cardboard boxes behind her designed to make you think she's got a full minivan. Look closer.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Can't actually add to cart though. Gamestop can't handle the load.

Site just sits there spinning.

Those are just cardboard boxes behind her designed to make you think she's got a full minivan. Look closer.
Looking close on my phone, not seeing it. Those are the exact boxes those get shipped in.

Gamestop.com has them up. It's strange though. You have to click add to cart from the search page. Won't come up on the product page. I got order confirmation though. Good luck.

So far this link seems to be working for me, but their website is moving soooooo slowly.

Bs. They didn't allow pre-orders because they knew it would be extremely scarce. Nintendo themselves should have loads of them available from their very own website. They clearly wanted to ramp up demand as always. It isn't rocket science.

Yes, because companies want to annoy customers while at the same time making less money. That is the key pillar of business after all.

tier1dc

you would really think that at some point Gamestop would invest in having Flex Servers for days like this. They could easily bulk up capacity for a few hours and make this alot smoother. Save time with people complaining to customer service and taking away time from other functions.

after my 4th attempt at purchasing my browser timed out but got a confirmation email from Gamestop. I'll hold my breath to see if it gets cancelled in the next few minutes.

Yes, because companies want to annoy customers while at the same time making less money. That is the key pillar of business after all.

Can you explain how Nintendo is the ONLY video game company that doesn't seem to understand demand then? Zelda 3DS, Majoras Mask LE, EVERY AMIIBO for the first year, and now the NES Classic.

Weird how a company can't learn from their mistakes. They know what they're doing.

Jamaro85

Edit: Others have already proven me to be wrong in this post.

Not believing anybody who says they sold for an egregious price on eBay. Searching for Nintendo Classic and filtering by "sold" is giving next to nothing (preorders ending days or weeks ago). I'm pretty sure eBay updates sold listings to show up in search pretty quickly, so unless you show a link to your complete listing I call horse s**t.

If you sold it elsewhere, or do provide proof of selling it for a ridiculous price then my apologies.

Let's be real.

If NoA is holding stock for the rest of the holidays, sending such light inventory out on day one, resulting in even more exposure for the product, was a brilliant move. The demand and overall success of this thing will be absolutely insane.

A complete bullshit move, but a brilliant one nonetheless.

Fixins

Banned
Not believing anybody who says they sold for an egregious price on eBay. Searching for Nintendo Classic and filtering by "sold" is giving next to nothing (preorders ending days or weeks ago). I'm pretty sure eBay updates sold listings to show up in search pretty quickly, so unless you show a link to your complete listing I call horse s**t.

If you sold it elsewhere, or do provide proof of selling it for a ridiculous price then my apologies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302135652070?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Good news for the people who got confirmations for the dell orders -- I chatted with them and asked if they could verify if they could honor these sales and rep took awhile to research and said I was good to go.

Not sure if I read this right, but there are tons that sold for ridiculous prices:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=nintendo%20classic&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

It's called the "NES Classic Edition." Try that search.

Chastten

Banned
People claiming they'll stop buying anything Nintendo related because they can't get a product is absolutely hilarious.

This is not even a new product, it's a cheap and simple novelty with 30 year old games that anyone can already play in a million and one ways, that was most likely designed just to give Nintendo something to sell during the holidays. Everyone will get one in the next month or so.

ChrisD

Search "NES Classic Mini", then click sold.

Yeah, they're definitely going the way of the amiibo right about now.

Edit: I see you replied above, sorry, didn't refresh page before posting.

lol, look up recent sold...there's ton that sold for 200+ just today.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

You're looking at the wrong places. Just did a quick search and i'm seeing sold listings today from $200-$300

wrowa

So... I actually tried accessing the manuals for the first time, and holy shit, Nintendo, seriously? Wtf?

There are no digital manuals in the NES Mini, just a big message that says "ACCESS MANUALS ON YOUR PHONE!" with a QR Code.

????????????????

Why????

In general the interface could have done with more care for collectors and fans. The games don't even have release dates or any factoids on the menu. You can sort the games by publisher and by release date, so the data is there, why isn't it displayed?

Yeah, the lack of extra stuff is definitely my biggest gripe with the NES Mini. The hardware looks nice and is very faithful, the emulation is great, but they didn't go that extra mile to truly make it a love letter to the NES.

The scans of the manuals aren't even available in any language besides English and Japanese,which is kind of a bummer considering how much the NES Mini is about nostalgia.

tier1dc

what are you talking about? I see 2,271 SOLD results for NES Classic consoles.

bronk

Banned
Fuck Nintendo i'm sick of them. I can't even get one. Ill just happily play my AVS. I wanted to buy a few as xmas gifts for family but noooo they always pull this stupid shit. Peace out scalptendo.

im gonna try on amazon at 2 though lol damn them

Doesn't beat the guy whos reselling it for $10,000

7c0a41ceb87aa56d8f1d94d7f3751cf3.png

Actually surprised he has 16 watchers.

Jamaro85

Not a single item on the first page for that search is the Nintendo Classic. There are some on the next page but I cannot see the dates for when those listings ended.

I was looking through the eBay app and there was nothing coming up sold today. All that was showing write pre order sales from days or weeks ago. Anyway, one person showing proof is enough for me as he's already shown the search got sold listings not to be reliable.

Jamaro85

what are you talking about? I see 2,271 SOLD results for NES Classic consoles.

Are you literally just looking at the number of hits? Someone else linked a search that was supposed to show them being sold but it was showing all kinds of other Nintendo products. I'll have to hop on the computer to look later, but I believe you guys that they're being sold and will edit my post so it will stop getting responses.

Persona7

Banned
I bought one at target and before I left the last guy in line offered to pay $300. I managed to get it up to $350 and a starbucks card. I then drove a few miles to toys r us and managed to get another one.

Haruko

Every time I try to Begin Checkout from my cart on GameStop.com I get their "Eek!!!" site maintenance page with a ThinkGeek ad.

Fixins

Banned
use the mobile site thats how i got my order to go thorugh wow cna't beleive I got 2 NES Classics in one day with 0 effort tghanks Nintendo youre great :)

SystemUser

can't, it's not a video game system it's an entertainment system

It has been mentioned before, but the National Purchase Diary is not a video game oriented company. The NES Classic might not be on the video game chart, but it will be tracked by NPD.

Many gamers know NPD only for videogames but in reality they cover other markets like toys.
In fact in its infancy videgames were grouped with the other toys:

Cw1OpN6UQAQp-yC.jpg:large

So I think NPD will track the NES Classic Mini though I'm not sure if the data will be available on public news sites.
It would be funny if in November or December the NES would bet PS4 and Xbox One.
Imagine the news headline lol.

wrowa

Not a single item on the first page for that search is the Nintendo Classic. There are some on the next page but I cannot see the dates for when those listings ended.

I was looking through the eBay app and there was nothing coming up sold today. All that was showing write pre order sales from days or weeks ago. Anyway, one person showing proof is enough for me as he's already shown the search got sold listings not to be reliable.

I have no idea what you are talking about. :p When I click on the link, I get this: A bunch of Mini NESs that gold sold a couple of minutes ago. When I scroll down, 90% of the listed items are Mini NES consoles.

Can you explain how Nintendo is the ONLY video game company that doesn't seem to understand demand then? Zelda 3DS, Majoras Mask LE, EVERY AMIIBO for the first year, and now the NES Classic.

Weird how a company can't learn from their mistakes. They know what they're doing.

Again I point to the warehouses filled with Wii I'd to the point that they were selling them as refurbished just to clear stock.

Nintendo, like most companies, projects demand based off of retailer orders. They also don't own any manufacturing plants, so making adjustments to orders after demand spikes takes time.

As for amiibo, everyone complained about inventory, then then they increased demand. After a few more months the bottom dropped out and now you have piles of them sitting in stores at a deep discount. I saw a literal pile of them in a corner of a best buy no less than an hour ago.

As for other companies doing a better job, I point to the complete lack of PSVR bundles this holiday and the very scarce supply of XB1 Elite controllers as proof that every company has inventory issues. Even Apple, master of the modern supply chain, has inventory issues after a product release.

As with most things involving economics, it isn't a simple answer.

Want to blame something? Blame the modern just-in-time manufacturing model combined with the rise of contract manufacturers. Companies bow have to forecast demand six-eight months out and have little opportunity to adjust their production capacity going into the holidays.

Nintendo can't just call and have Foxconn make another million systems. It has be scheduled not only with the assembly plant, but with every component plant as well. Each of them works on multiple contracts at a time, with little to downtime. This is complicated by being an inexpensive product with smaller margins. Apple can afford to air freight or pay a production surcharge because their margins are huge. Nintendo cannot do that on a toy witha $35-$40 wholesale price.

But then again, it is just easier to assume that Nintendo is either incompetent or don't want your money. Either way, you're going to have to wait as more reach the market.

It was heartening to be in line with so many moms and dads who told me that they grew up on these games and wanted to play them with their kids. And the kids I saw with their parents were HYPED just like I was when I was their age. Lots of Mario and Peach fans among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom