• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo confirms live-stream for Iwata GDC keynote

Chesskid1

Banned
sorry to be a buzzkill, but is it possible it could just be a speech about history of nintendo, they give a little presentation on 3d and the 3ds, and they basically announce nothing? or is there a definite big announcement? sorry, i haven't been following too much.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
bing.png

Crappily done at work.

ant1532

Banned
Chesskid1 said:
sorry to be a buzzkill, but is it possible it could just be a speech about history of nintendo, they give a little presentation on 3d and the 3ds, and they basically announce nothing? or is there a definite big announcement? sorry, i haven't been following too much.
LOL. it wont even be that. well it might be a speech about the history of gaming but more so an industry developer look at it. He's given keynotes before at GDC and they are all really boring business talk about developers and the industry. Once before at one of his keynotes, he had showed a trailer for a zelda ds game. At the very end. And thats it. GAF justs overhypes it every year. There is no reason for big announcements here when E3 is so close. Thats not what GDC is for.

carlo6529

Chesskid1 said:

Iwata always delivers something.

Chesskid1 said:

Whats the point of doing a keynote about the future if they dont present anything on what they are doing and soon to release? If nothing comes out of it, it would seem like a wasted opportunity. And didnt the head of GDC say Nintendo is in the position to make big announcements?

ant1532

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
Whats the point of doing a keynote about the future if they dont present anything on what they are doing and soon to release? If nothing comes out of it, it would seem like a wasted opportunity. And didnt the head of GDC say Nintendo is in the position to make big announcements?
GDC isn't and has never been about announcing big new products to the public. That is E3.

camineet

Banned
All I want is some interesting vision for the 3DS and a Zelda Skyward Sword trailer. Iwata is always interesting to watch, anyway.

WillyFive

Dedication Through Light said:

Zelda Skyward Sword and it's promotion of 1:1 gaming on 'core' games.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You guys can only have one:

New Skyward Sword trailer or footage of Mario 3DS???
Zelda. Otherwise I'll be waiting for more info on two games.

pulga

Banned
Chesskid1 said:

Silence, fool. Do not doubt the Iwatabomb,

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
camineet said:
All I want is some interesting vision for the 3DS and a Zelda Skyward Sword trailer. Iwata is always interesting to watch, anyway.

It starts in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

angelfly

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Mario 3DS > new trailer

If they do show a new a new Mario then I hope it isn't in the same style as NSMB but rather more like Galaxy or even Sunshine.

Guevara

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Always Zelda. Zelda is the absolute apex of gaming for me, the only thing that would come close is Metroid Dread
which doesn't exist.

MYE

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

New Skyward Sword trailer

Big One

Banned
ant1532 said:
GDC isn't and has never been about announcing big new products to the public. That is E3.
That must be why Nintendo Revolution was announced there.

Or the past three Zelda games.

Or all of the new games being revealed in the past few days straight from GDC.

Chesskid1

Banned
ant1532 said:

i haven't really followed GDC, but is this the first year it's being streamed live? if so that's a good indication there could be something, no need for a live stream if it's just a presentation for industy insiders.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I really hope most of the hype here is exaggerated for comedy effect, or else many people are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Alrighty, I'm stocked up on Chocolate biscuits and Pepsi Max, let's do this.

Chesskid1

Banned
Big One said:
That must be why Nintendo Revolution was announced there.

Or the past three Zelda games.

Or all of the new games being revealed in the past few days straight from GDC.

back on the hype train. woo woo.

Rich!

Wont be around at 5pm. Gotta go pick up my brand new Jaguar XKR. Fuck yeaaah.

by jaguar xkr, I mean my old 02 reg Peugeot 206. From the garage.

wsippel

Banned
Chesskid1 said:
i haven't really followed GDC, but is this the first year it's being streamed live? if so that's a good indication there could be something, no need for a live stream if it's just a presentation for industy insiders.
For Nintendo, it's indeed a first. Then again, they stream absolutely everything these days. Also, not all industry insiders are able to attend GDC, and many of those who can't might be interested in that keynote as well.

Top Bottom