• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo confirms live-stream for Iwata GDC keynote

Rich!

DeaconKnowledge said:
I'm gonna get my hopes up:

NEW! Legend of Zelda please.

2D top down, with perspective tricks, in 3D on the 3DS with an overworld design that puts Link's Awakening to shame.

Oh yes please.

Big One

Banned
To continue my previous point I do agree we probably won't get much news, but a Zelda trailer is so likely it hurts.

The conference will be pretty boring and will mostly be sales charts (which is interesting if you're into that kind of thing).

I'm so bored.

Here's a random question - is it possible to beat the first level of Super Mario Bros. with anything more than 369 remaining?

Two decades of trying and I still can't get it to 370.

Miutsu

richisawesome said:
2D top down, with perspective tricks, in 3D on the 3DS with an overworld design that puts Link's Awakening to shame.

Oh yes please.
Would be perfect as long as it doesnt force the stylus control on me like the ds games did

Chesskid1

Banned
new zelda seems overkill with re-oot and skyward sword already coming, nintendo doesn't roll like that.

my pick, a new full on 3d mario game in 3d

Shig said:
Got my card.

bingo.jpg
I2 is the only thing guaranteed to happen.

Cheesemeister will have be appointed the Official Bingo Board Creator (OBBC?) from here on out though.

seady

Why are people expecting anything to be announced here?
I am expecting a regular lecture kind of thing.

thefro

Needs to be a space for "3-D movie deal announced" or "3-D Youtube" instead of F-Zero/Waverace, but that card is great otherwise.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The rumor flying around gdc this week is that Nintendo has a "very big " announcement. Idk if I believe it, though. Where would a rumor like that even come from.

Luigi87

seady said:
Why are people expecting anything to be announced here?
I am expecting a regular lecture kind of thing.

When Iwata talks... Things happen. Emotions flair as reveals are had. Heart rate increases... Soul melts... Something Zelda related...

... Come on guys, I'm not the only one, right?

BowieZ

Banned
GDJustin said:
The rumor flying around gdc this week is that Nintendo has a "very big " announcement. Idk if I believe it, though. Where would a rumor like that even come from.
I do remember reading something like that in the last couple weeks... Someone's twitter?

MYE

GDJustin said:

Zelda Skyward Sword 25 anny special edition with 3 disc soundtrack, 50 page artbook and Link's Awakening redone with with 4swords/LTTP graphics as a bonus. In stores......TOMORROW EVERYWHERE OH FUCK RUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN!

GDJustin said:

Developers at the conference privy to the announcement, getting loose-lipped among colleagues?

I'm still gambling on any major announcement revolving around Nintendo's take on DD - it seems too early (and conflicting with 3DS launch hype) to be talking about a new console publicly, and I think Iwata understands the importance of the market that has appeared on smartphones and tablets, even if he and Nintendo disagree on it displacing the retail market soon.

gerg

Guys, I have an option - go to bed now and get over five hours of sleep or watch the conference and get just under four.

Help me GAF, you're my only hope!

gerg said:
Guys, I have an option - go to bed now and get over five hours of sleep or watch the conference and get just under four.

Go to bed and dream of something actually being announced.

Deku

Banned
Luigi87 said:
When Iwata talks... Things happen. Emotions flair as reveals are had. Heart rate increases... Soul melts... Something Zelda related...

... Come on guys, I'm not the only one, right?

You need to turn that into Haiku.

I don't think it will be a big reveal today.

Likely
- Nintendo history
- 3DS overview (stuff we already know)
- Skyward Sword story trailer

Speculative
- 3D Classics details and eshop?
- Wii successor talk, but no details
- Release schedule for Wii/DS/3DS for Q2.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
gerg said:

Sleep in front of your computer with the streaming link open. Both at the same time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
gerg said:

There's no conference, so you might as well go to bed.

Seriously, If we get a new Skyward Sword trailer thats as epic as the original TP reveal. I'll be content. Its a developer conference so I'm not expecting megatons dropping left and right....

pleasepleasepleaselocalizeLastStory,Xenoblade,FatalFrameII&IV,andPandora'sTower!

Top Bottom