• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.12.5 - Dec. 5th, 6AM EST (JP), 12 PM EST (NA), 5PM GMT

Thoraxes

Incredible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0Ku5h90-gmo

U3ny7.jpg

There'll at least be another 3DS/Wii U direct before the end of the year (in Japan) covering January and February. At the moment on Ken's Star Rage of the North or whatever is listed as the ONLY game releasing for either console in January. I simply can't believe that is the case.

Besides 'regular two month scheduele'.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Those of you who say Nintendo should stop doing Nintendo Directs probably need to stop hyping yourselves up and lower those expectations.

I mean even the twitter feed announcing the ND said "currently announced".

How then do you read that any differently to mean "there will be new announcements"?

The way some of you react tells me you treat ND's like an E3 conference. When you should just look at it as extra coverage of content already announced.

Does no one remember E3 this year they also used the ND as a retread to give more info and a closer look at stuff. That's the purpose of ND's.

Phazon

actually, nintendo has been, and is expanding. notably, some studios in ead and monolithsoft. and retro as well, although that may just be for one game.

Yeah, that sounds pretty logical. The thing is that we never hear something of those Japanese studios (because, they can keep their mouth shut). I don't think Nintendo really wants to expand their development studios in the West, because there are always a lot of people who change their minds and quit. I think that's also a reason why they like to fund and publish stuff rather then buying out studios.

AntMurda

Yep, if both of these studios don't have game releases this holiday season I don't know what the hell is going to sell the Wii U.

It really depends on the scopes of the project. We all have to be patient especially if there are serious budget HD games in development here. More so if they are new intellectual properties.

I think Wonderful 101 is going through some pretty significant development changes. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything about it until after E3.

People are going to flip out, but honestly the first year of every Nintendo console since the N64 has been pretty barren. The DS had nothing but like Meteos & a sub-par Mario 64 port until Nintendogs & Advance Wars hit 9 months later. Same with the Wii, GC, etc.

The Wii U is seeing an avalanche of support by comparison, I think it's got more worthwhile stuff at launch than many other Nintendo systems had in their first year. So I'm good with them taking the time to get it right, especially after the backlash they've had from negative comparisons with other systems and accusations of same-iness towards Mario, etc.

Those of you who say Nintendo should stop doing Nintendo Directs probably need to stop hyping yourselves up and lower those expectations.

How then do you read that any differently to mean "there will be new announcements"?

The way some of you react tells me you treat ND's like an E3 conference. When you should just look at it as extra coverage of content already announced.

Does no one remember E3 this year they also used the ND as a retread to give more info and a closer look at stuff. That's the purpose of ND's.
I think a lot of the disappointment stems from release time frame. Pikmin 3 and Luigis mansion were expected early next year and we've yet to get exact release dates other than them being pushed farther back. On top of other titles like animal crossing and wonderful 101 which were expected sooner rather than later

Juken

I don't think people expect any big announcements.

I think it's just that the lineup is pretty weak at the moment to many people and highlighting it highlights that fact, leading to disappointment/concern. Especially since some of the bigger news on the Wii U side is Pikmin delay.

liger05

I know usually the 1st year for Nintendo hardware is barren but wasnt Nintendo prior to release talking about getting 3rd parties onboard.

I was hoping that multi plat games would hit the Wii U aswell as standard procedure.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I think a lot of the disappointment stems from release time frame. Pikmin 3 and Luigis mansion were expected early next year and we've yet to get exact release dates other than them being pushed farther back. On top of other titles like animal crossing and wonderful 101 which were expected sooner rather than later

I don't think people expect any big announcements.

I think it's just that the lineup is pretty weak at the moment to many people and highlighting it highlights that fact, leading to disappointment/concern. Especially since some of the bigger news on the Wii U side is Pikmin delay.

I agree, Nintendo have not done any justice for 3DS or Wii U owners by delaying or spacing releases so far apart.

I think it just goes to show how much Nintendo really need 3rd parties onboard to alleviate the burden of carrying the hardware forward.

People are going to flip out, but honestly the first year of every Nintendo console since the N64 has been pretty barren. The DS had nothing but like Meteos & a sub-par Mario 64 port until Nintendogs & Advance Wars hit 9 months later. Same with the Wii, GC, etc.

The Wii U is seeing an avalanche of support by comparison, I think it's got more worthwhile stuff at launch than many other Nintendo systems had in their first year. So I'm good with them taking the time to get it right, especially after the backlash they've had from negative comparisons with other systems and accusations of same-iness towards Mario, etc.
I didn't think wiis was that bad. There was like a million seller released every month. Wario ware-January, Wii play- February, super paper Mario- march/April, Mario party- may, Re4-June and then in the fall there was metroid prime 3, battalion wars, resident evil umbrella chronicles, super Mario strikers and super Mario galaxy. I believe all of these were released in a year time frame. On top of that Wii sports, twilight princess and excite truck were launch titles that had more longevity than nintendoland and nsmb. Wii releases I thought were steady until after Mario kart released in mid 2008. That's when severe game droughts for nearly half a year started to occur.

Sadist

Nintendo Direct fatigue? Understandable.

Although I'm not sure what people expexted from the new Direct. It was pretty obvious we wouldn't get a lot of new details (I'm just happy with Fire Emblem being confirmed for April next year) but I'm wondering what will happen with the Wii U next April through June. The only game confirmed for release is Injustice.

Edit; lol what the hell Reggie

zroid

Banned
I quite desperately wanted to see some TW101 footage, and perhaps get a release date. :(

But a sooner than expected Fire Emblem date, as well as a localization announcement I've been waiting for was enough to satisfy me this time.

I didn't think wiis was that bad. There was like a million seller released every month. Wario ware-January, Wii play- February, super paper Mario- march/April, Mario party- may, Re4-June and then in the fall there was metroid prime 3, battalion wars, resident evil umbrella chronicles, super Mario strikers and super Mario galaxy. I believe all of these were released in a year time frame. On top of that Wii sports, twilight princess and excite truck were launch titles that had more longevity than nintendoland and nsmb. Wii releases I thought were steady until after Mario kart released in mid 2008. That's when severe game droughts for nearly half a year started to occur.

We don't know what the U has after like April. Compare your post to the list of Wii U games in just the first 5-6 months that people are already complaining about. People aren't saddled with Red Steel & Excite Truck this time around.

All I was looking for was release dates of already announced games. The most hopeful part of me was thinking maybe they'd mention DQX coming west. But I wasn't getting my hopes up for that. My standards were as low as they can be. There is no point to these Directs if all it's doing is restating what happened at E3 and prior Nintendo Directs.

pswii60

I know usually the 1st year for Nintendo hardware is barren but wasnt Nintendo prior to release talking about getting 3rd parties onboard.

I was hoping that multi plat games would hit the Wii U aswell as standard procedure.

The problem is that many people here like myself already have a 360 and/or PS3. We have no interest in the multiplatform ports as we'll be getting those for the other platforms and we bought a Wii U for the exclusives. Because it's supposed to represent something different from the other consoles. Unfortunately it's taking far too long to get the exclusives out of the door.

I'll be done with Mario in a couple of weeks, then I'll download Toki Tori 2 just before Christmas. But after that I've got almost two months of my Wii U not being used whatsoever until Rayman Legends releases. It's just not what I was expecting unfortunately :(
We don't know what the U has after like April. Compare your post to the list of Wii U games in just the first 5-6 months that people are already complaining about. People aren't saddled with Red Steel & Excite Truck this time around.
I think most Wii owners were busy with Zelda TP too in the launch window don't forget.

vareon

Nintendo Direct fatigue? Understandable.

Although I'm not sure what people expexted from the new Direct. It was pretty obvious we wouldn't get a lot of new details (I'm just happy with Fire Emblem being confirmed for April next year) but I'm wondering what will happen with the Wii U next April through June. The only game confirmed for release is Injustice.

Edit; lol what the hell Reggie

It's weird, actually. Nintendo Direct always deliver what it wants to deliver (covering titles for this holiday, a preview of what to come in the few months, etc). It's just people are flipping out when titles of their choice got no mention, making the directs seem like an event of overpromise and underdelivering.

"Nintendo should stop doing these directs" is even weirder. Here is one channel where Nintendo can communicate select titles for a basically low cost advertising and people want it to stop because it doesn't cover titles of their choice. Nintendo's not making this exclusively for GAF.

Lol, well yeah. Sorta.

At least not announce things as launch or "launch window" when it's clearly not going to make it. Gives some people false hype, evidently :)

If Pikmin 3 comes out in Japan before October 2014 it will still be faster than Animal Crossing: New Leaf between first footage and release.

Mini-Nintendo Direct JP coming in just under 2 hours, will be very short. I'll translate.

My mind is full of fuck.

Also, did we note that Demaekan and YNN are coming to the JP Wii U? And that there are no 'indie' games coming at all?

No topic listed.

Fuck.

Love these tweets:

[岩田]本日もご覧いただき、ありがとうございました。今回は「レゴ岩田」となり、日本人の私が、自分の英語音声にあわせて制作してもらった映像に、後から自分で日本語をアフレコするという、不思議な体験でした

[Iwata] Thank you for watching. This time, I became 'Lego Iwata'. It was a strange experience as a Japanese person to try and match lip-syncing in Japanese with a video made to match my own English speech after the fact.

カメラ付きヘルメットを被った姿がみなさんからどう見えるのか、撮影中は自覚していませんでしたが、確かに、ふつうの社長は、こういうことしないでしょうね。

I didn't think about what you'd all think of me wearing the camera helmet while filming, but [now I realise] that a regular Director does not do this sort of thing.

If Pikmin 3 comes out in Japan before October 2014 it will still be faster than Animal Crossing: New Leaf between first footage and release.
Except Miyamoto said after pikmin 2 released he knew how pikmin 3 would be. Then in 2008 they've been talking about it being in development. It'll be 9 years since Miyamoto first talked about it and 5 years since it was announced when we actually get it.

Except Miyamoto said after pikmin 2 released he knew how pikmin 3 would be. Then in 2008 they've been talking about it being in development. It'll be 9 years since Miyamoto first talked about it and 5 years since it was announced when we actually get it.

My heart likes to pretend it hasn't been waiting that long. I chose to ignore all comments until real footage (proof it wasn't smoke) was shown.

Sadist

It's weird, actually. Nintendo Direct always deliver what it wants to deliver (covering titles for this holiday, a preview of what to come in the few months, etc). It's just people are flipping out when titles of their choice got no mention, making the directs seem like an event of overpromise and underdelivering.

"Nintendo should stop doing these directs" is even weirder. Here is one channel where Nintendo can communicate select titles for a basically low cost advertising and people want it to stop because it doesn't cover titles of their choice. Nintendo's not making this exclusively for GAF.
I don't think it's about covering titles people want, but about bringing something new in the mix. The trailer for Pikmin 3 for instance was pretty pleasing, eShop games finally receiving a western release, some "real" dates on games Luigi's Mansion DM and Fire Emblem. Those were new, quick little tidbits which will keep fans satisfied.

The thing is, those titles (well not all of them) have been teased ever since 2011 and I believe some posters are absolutely done with those games being featured again in a Nintendo Direct. I can understand being a bit peeved at Nintendo. According to EatChildren's summary there is so much we don't know... and the worst of it all we have no clue what Nintendo has in store for us poor enthousiasts sans Bayonetta 2 and I guess Smash Bros 4.

Beginning of 2013 will be hard on Nintendo fans.

PhantomR

Banned

135181870937.gif

Mini-Nintendo Direct JP coming in just under 2 hours, will be very short. I'll translate.
What is it like 15 mins or something?

Yea this is a pretty reasonable post.

I don't think it's about covering titles people want, but about bringing something new in the mix. The trailer for Pikmin 3 for instance was pretty pleasing, eShop games finally receiving a western release, some "real" dates on games Luigi's Mansion DM and Fire Emblem. Those were new, quick little tidbits which will keep fans satisfied.

The thing is, those titles (well not all of them) have been teased ever since 2011 and I believe some posters are absolutely done with those games being featured again in a Nintendo Direct. I can understand being a bit peeved at Nintendo. According to EatChildren's summary there is so much we don't know... and the worst of it all we have no clue what Nintendo has in store for us poor enthousiasts sans Bayonetta 2 and I guess Smash Bros 4.

Beginning of 2013 will be hard on Nintendo fans.

And Monolith Soft's Wii U game ;)

Remember, Xenoblade was released 2010 in Japan, so it's entirely possible that it'll be out by next holiday with a ~3 year dev cycle.

I think we know, in very general terms, what is likely coming beyond March (3D Mario, Smash, 3DS Zelda, Friend Collection, Luigi's Mansion, Monolith 3DS game, Monolith Wii U game, Retro's game, 'Yoshi's Land' (maybe), Wii Sports U, Jam with the Band, Pokemon Gen 6, Bayonetta, Pikmin etc etc) it's just very hard without footage and release dates.

BowieZ

Banned
NINTENDO FIRST AND SECOND PARTY SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT GROUPS

Software Development Group No. 1

Nintendogs, DS (April 21, 2005)
Mario Kart, DS (November 14, 2005)
Mario Kart Wii, Wii (April 10, 2008)
Nintendogs + Cats, 3DS (February 26, 2011)
Mario Kart 7, 3DS (December 1, 2011)
???

Software Development Group No. 2

Animal Crossing: Wild World, DS (November 23, 2005)
Star Fox Command, DS (July 14, 2006) *with Q-Games
Wii Sports, Wii (November 19, 2006)
Wii Play, Wii (December 2, 2006)
Wii Music, Wii (October 16, 2008)
Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wii (November 16, 2008)
Wii Sports Resort, Wii (June 25, 2009)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf, 3DS (November 8, 2012)
Nintendo Land, Wii U (November 18, 2012)
???

Software Development Group No. 3

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, GCN (March 18, 2004)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, GCN/Wii (November 19, 2006)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, DS (June 23, 2007)
Link's Crossbow Training, Wii (November 19, 2007)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, DS (December 7, 2009)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Wii (November 18, 2011)
Untitled The Legend of Zelda Game, 3DS (2013-2014)
Untitled The Legend of Zelda Game, Wii U (2014-2016)

Software Development Group No. 4

Super Mario 64 DS, DS (November 21, 2004)
Yoshi Touch & Go, DS (January 27, 2005)
Big Brain Academy, (June 30, 2005)
New Super Mario Bros., DS (May 15, 2006)
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Wii (April 26, 2007)
New Play Control! Pikmin, Wii (December 25, 2008)
New Play Control! Pikmin 2, Wii (March 15, 2009)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii (November 12, 2009)
New Super Mario Bros. 2, 3DS (July 28, 2012)
New Super Mario Bros. U, Wii U (November 18, 2012)
Pikmin 3, Wii U (TBA 2013)

Software Development Group No. 5

Wii Fit, Wii (December 1, 2007)
Wii Fit Plus, Wii (October 1, 2009)
Steel Diver, 3DS (March 27, 2011) *with Vitei
Star Fox 64 3D, 3DS (July 14, 2011) *with Q-Games
Wii Fit U, Wii U (TBA 2013)

Tokyo Development Group No. 1 (EAD1)

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, GCN (December 16, 2004)
Super Mario Galaxy, Wii (November 1, 2007)
Jibun de Tsukuru Nintendo DS Guide, DSi (November 17, 2010)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, 3DS (June 16, 2011) *with Grezzo
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition, DSiWare (September 28, 2011) *with Grezzo
???

Tokyo Development Group No. 2 (EAD2)

Flipnote Studio, DSiWare (December 24, 2008)
New Play Control: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Wii (December 11, 2008)
Super Mario Galaxy 2, Wii (May 23, 2010)
Super Mario 3D Land, 3DS (November 3, 2011) *with Brownie Brown
???

Software Planning & Development Group No. 1 (SPD1)

Rhythm Heaven, DS (2008)
WarioWare: Snapped!, DSi (2009) *with Intelligent Systems
WarioWare D.I.Y. DS (2009) *with Intelligent Systems
WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase, WiiWare (2009) *with Intelligent Systems
Tomodachi Collection, DS (2009)
Metroid: Other M, Wii (2010) *with Team Ninja
Rhythm Heaven Fever, Wii (2011)
Wii Play: Motion, Wii (2011) *with Good-Feel, Vanpool, Chunsoft, Arzest, Skip Ltd., Prope, Mitchell Corp.
Kiki Trick, Wii (January, 2012)
???

Software Planning & Development Group No. 2 (SPD2)

Endless Ocean, Wii (2008) *with Akira
Style Savvy, DS (2009) *with Syn Sophia
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Wii (2009) *with Treasure
Metal Torrent, DSiWare (2010) *with Akira
Endless Ocean 2: Blue World, Wii (2010) *with Akira
Xenoblade Chronicles, Wii (2011) *with Monolith Soft
???

Software Planning & Development Group No. 3 (SPD3)

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Wii (2007) *with Retro Studios
Battalion Wars 2, Wii (2007) *with Kuju Entertainment
Mario Strikers Charged, Wii (2007) *with Next Level Games
Punch-Out!!, Wii (2009) *with Next Level Games
Excitebots: Trick Racing, Wii (2009) *with Monster Games
Eco Shooter: Plant 5308, Wii (2009) *with Intelligent Systems
Fluidity, WiiWare (2010) *with Curve Studios
Donkey Kong Country Returns, Wii (2010) *with Retro Studios
Pilotwings Resort, 3DS (2011) *with Monster Games
???

Software Planning & Development Group No. 4 (SPD4)

Elite Beat Agents, DS (2006) *with INiS
DK: Jungle Climber, DS (2007) *with Paon
Mario Party 8, Wii (2007) *with Hudson
Mario Party DS, DS (2007) *with Hudson
Hotel Dusk: Room 215, DS (2009) *with Cing
Another Code R, Wii (2009) *with Cing
Wii Party, Wii (2010) *with Nd Cube
???

Software Planning & Development Group No. 5 (SPD5)
aka Nintendo Software Design & Development (SDD)

English Training: Have Fun Improving Your Skills!, DS (2006)
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day!, DS (2006)
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day, DS (2008)
Jam with the Band, DS (2008)
Brain Age Express, DSi (2008)
Photo Dojo, DSi (2009)
???

Sora Ltd.

Meteos, DS (2005) *with Q Entertainment
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii (2008) *with MonolithSoft, and Game Arts
Kid Icarus: Uprising, 3DS (March 2012) *as Project Sora
Super Smash Bros. 4, 3DS & Wii U (2013-4?) *with Namco-Bandai

Retro Studios

Metroid Prime, GCN (2002)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, GCN (2004)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Wii (2007) *with SPD3
Metroid Prime: Trilogy, Wii (2009)
Donkey Kong Country Returns, Wii (November 2010) *with SPD3
Mario Kart 7, 3DS (December 2011) *retro courses and assets development
Untitled Wii U game (TBA)

Nd Cube (with former Hudson Soft teams)

F-Zero Maximum Velocity, GBA (2001)
Mario Party series 1-8 (1997-2008) *with SPD4
Wii Party, Wii (November 2010) *with SPD4
Mario Party 9, Wii (March 2012) *with SPD4
???

Monolith Soft (not listed here: 11 Namco-Bandai published titles 2002-2010 incl. Xenosaga, Super Robot Taisen, Baten Kaitos)

Baten Kaitos Origins, GCN (2006) *with tri-Crescendo
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii (2008) *with Sora Ltd.
Soma Bringer, DS (2008)
Disaster: Day of Crisis, Wii (2008)
Xenoblade Chronicles, Wii (2010) *with SPD2
Project X Zone, 3DS (October 2012)
Untitled 3DS game (TBA)

Intelligent Systems

WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii (2006)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Wii (2007)
Super Paper Mario, Wii (2007)
Light Speed Card Battle: Card Hero, DS (2007)
Planet Puzzle League, DS (2007)
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict, DS (2008)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, DS (2008)
WarioWare: Snapped!, DSiWare (2008) *with SPD1
WarioWare D.I.Y., DS (2009) *with SPD1
WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase, WiiWare (2009) *with SPD1
Eco Shooter: Plant 530, WiiWare (2009) *with SPD3
Dragon Quest Wars, DSiWare (2009)
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow (Remake), DS (2010)
Link 'n' Launch, DSiWare (2010)
Spotto!, DSiWare (2010)
Pushmo/Pullblox, 3DS eShop (October, 2011)
Fire Emblem: Awakening, 3DS (April, 2012)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star, 3DS (November 2012)
Crashmo/Fallblox, 3DS eShop (November, 2012)
Game & Wario, Wii U (2013)
???

HAL Laboratory

Kirby Canvas Curse, DS (2005)
Kirby Squeak Squad, DS (2006) *with Flagship
Kirby Super Star Ultra, DS (2008)
Picross 3D, DS (2009)
Face Pilot, DSiWare (2010)
Kirby Mass Attack, DS (August 2011) *with Engines
Face Raiders, 3DSware (February 2011)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Wii (October 2011)
Kirby's Dream Collection, Wii (July 2012)
???

Good-Feel (not listed here: six JP-only educational games)

Wario Land: Shake It!, Wii (2008)
Kirby's Epic Yarn, Wii (October, 2010)
3D Hidden Picture, DSiWare(?) (TBA)
Wii Play: Motion (2 mini-games), Wii (June 2011) *with SPD1
???

AlphaDream (not listed here: 7 JP-only puzzle-adventure games)

Mario & Luigi 1, GBA (2003)
Mario & Luigi 2, DS (2005)
Mario & Luigi 3, DS (2009)
???

Camelot Software Planning (not listed here: many others in the Mario Golf/Tennis/Golden Sun series)

Mario Golf: Advance Tour, GBA (2004)
We Love Golf!, Wii (2007)
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, DS (2010)
Mario Tennis Open, 3DS (2012)
???

Jupiter Corp. (significant/recent titles listed only)

Picross DS, DS (2007)
The World Ends With You/It's a Wonderful World (JP), DS (2007) *with Square Enix
Picross e, 3DS eShop (2011)
Picross e2, 3DS eShop (2012)
???

Monster Games (significant/recent titles listed only)

Excite Truck, Wii (2006)
Excitebots: Trick Racing, Wii (2009) *with SPD3
Excitebike: World Rally, WiiWare (2011)
Pilotwings Resort, 3DS (2011) *with SPD3
???

Next Level Games (significant/recent titles listed only)

Super Mario Strikers, GCN (2005)
Mario Strikers Charged, Wii (2007) *with SPD3
Punch-Out!!, Wii (2009) *with SPD3
Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!, WiiWare (2009)
Transformers: Cybertron Adventures, Wii (June 2010)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Wii (2010)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, 3DS (2013)

N-Space (significant/recent titles listed only)

Heroes of Ruin, 3DS (2012)
RollerCoaster Tycoon, 3DS (2012)
Skylanders: Giants, 3DS (2012) *port only
???

Kuju Entertainment (significant/recent titles listed only)

Battalion Wars 2, Wii (2007) *with SPD3
The House of the Dead: Overkill, Wii (2009)
Art Academy, DS (2009–2010)
[...]
New Art Academy, 3DS (2012)
Rabbids Rumble, 3DS (2012)
???

Treasure (significant/recent titles listed only)

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (2009, Nintendo, Wii) *with SPD2
various XBox Live games (2011-12)
???

Vanpool (technically 3rd party)

Wii Play: Motion (one racing mini-game only), Wii (2011) *with SPD1
Dillon's Rolling Western, 3DS eShop (2011)
???

Pokémon developers - Game Freak / Ambrella / Creatures Inc. / Genius Sonority / other The Pokémon Company developers

Pokémon Snap, N64 (1999, VC 2009)
Pokémon Stadium, GCN (2000)
[...]
PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure, Wii (2009)
Pokémon Rumble, WiiWare (2009)
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, DS (2010)
Pokémon Black and White, DS (2010)
Pokémon Rumble Blast, 3DS (2011)
PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond, Wii (2011)
Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure (2011)
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, DS (2012)
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth, 3DS (2012)
Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight, 3DS (2012)
???

Developers not listed: Noise, Paon, Skip Ltd., Brownie Brown

And Monolith Soft's Wii U game ;)

Remember, Xenoblade was released 2010 in Japan, so it's entirely possible that it'll be out by next holiday with a ~3 year dev cycle.

I think we know, in very general terms, what is likely coming beyond March (3D Mario, Smash, 3DS Zelda, Friend Collection, Luigi's Mansion, Monolith 3DS game, Monolith Wii U game, Retro's game, 'Yoshi's Land' (maybe), Wii Sports U, Jam with the Band, Pokemon Gen 6, Bayonetta, Pikmin etc etc) it's just very hard without footage and release dates.

That's on their fiscal year to be released in Japan. I guess it isnt reay yet

The_Lump

Banned

Haha true. New Leaf is one that's really starting to get to me now. Really looking forward to it and the wait is unbearable now. I know its a lot of localizing, but I wish they'd be quicker at it!

US 1st party lineups within the first 7.5 months for comparison:

Nintendo 64
09.26.96 Pilotwings 64 (Nintendo IRD / Paradigm Entertainment)
09.26.96 Super Mario 64 (Nintendo EAD)
11.05.96 Wave Race 64 (Nintendo EAD)
11.25.96 Killer Instinct Gold (Rareware)
12.03.96 Cruis'n USA (Williams Entertainment)
02.10.97 Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo EAD)
03.26.97 Blast Corps (Rareware)

Gamecube
11.18.01 Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo EAD)
11.18.01 Wave Race: Blue Storm (Nintendo STC)
12.03.01 Pikmin (Nintendo EAD)
12.03.01 Super Smash Bros. Melee (HAL Laboratory)
01.14.02 NBA Courtside 2002 (Leftfield Productions)

Nintendo DS
11.21.04 Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo EAD)
02.14.05 WarioWare: Touched! (Nintendo SPD / Intelligent Systems)
03.14.05 Pokémon Dash (Ambrella)
03.14.05 Yoshi: Touch & Go! (Nintendo EAD)
04.18.05 Polarium (Mitchell)
06.13.05 Kirby: Canvas Curse (HAL Laboratory)
06.27.05 Meteos (Sora / Q? Entertainment)

Wii
11.19.06 Excite Truck (Monster Games)
11.19.06 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo EAD)
11.19.06 Wii Sports (Nintendo EAD)
01.15.07 WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Nintendo SPD / Intelligent Systems)
02.12.07 Wii Play (Nintendo EAD)
04.09.07 Super Paper Mario (Intelligent Systems)
05.29.07 Mario Party 8 (Hudson / CAProduction)
06.11.07 Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo EAD)
06.27.07 Pokémon Battle Revolution (Genius Sonority)

Nintendo 3DS
03.27.11 Nintendos + Cats (Nintendo EAD)
03.27.11 Pilotwings Resort (Monster Games)
03.27.11 Steel Diver (Nintendo EAD / Vitei)
06.19.11 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Grezzo)
09.09.11 Star Fox 64 3D (Q-Games)
10.02.11 Tetris Axis (Hudson)

Wii U
11.18.12 New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo EAD)
11.18.12 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Team Ninja)
11.18.12 Nintendo Land (Nintebdo EAD)
11.18.12 SiNG Party (Freestyle Games)
Q1.2013 Game & Wario (Nintendo SPD / Intelligent Systems)
Q1.2013 LEGO City Undercover (TT Fusion)
Q1.2013 Wii Fit U (Nintendo EAD)
Q2.2013 Pikmin 3 (Nintendo EAD)
lol.20XX The Wonderful 101 (Platinum Games)

Chatin

It would be nice to have North American dates for things like Animal Crossing or Monster Hunter. Or any sort of indication that NoA intends to release either Picross-e.

Pociask

I know, but I'm not sure the end result will be large enough to significantly boost output. Especially given the fact that the Wii U is a significant leap in tech and will require some expansion just to maintain the current level. If the expansion had been sufficiently large and happened during the boom years we could have already been seeing the results now.

In any case, I have to wait for e3 before truly saying stuff like this.

Yeah, E3 is pretty much put or shut up time for Nintendo. Maybe they're holding back tons of stuff to react to Sony and Microsoft... maybe. Anyway, we'll know then.

AntMurda

Posting this just for my own reference later lol:

Software Development Group No. 1

Nintendogs, DS (April 21, 2005)
Mario Kart, DS (November 14, 2005)
Mario Kart Wii, Wii (April 10, 2008)
Nintendogs + Cats, 3DS (February 26, 2011)
Mario Kart 7, 3DS (December 1, 2011)
Speculation: Mario Kart U-Turn, Wii U (November 2013)

Software Development Group No. 2

Animal Crossing: Wild World, DS (November 23, 2005)
Star Fox Command, DS (July 14, 2006) *with Q-Games
Wii Sports, Wii (November 19, 2006)
Wii Play, Wii (December 2, 2006)
Wii Music, Wii (October 16, 2008)
Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wii (November 16, 2008)
Wii Sports Resort, Wii (June 25, 2009)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf, 3DS (November 8, 2012)
Nintendo Land, Wii U (November 18, 2012)
Speculation: Nintendo Land: New Attractions, Wii U eShop (2013)

Software Development Group No. 3

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, GCN (March 18, 2004)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, GCN/Wii (November 19, 2006)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, DS (June 23, 2007)
Link's Crossbow Training, Wii (November 19, 2007)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, DS (December 7, 2009)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Wii (November 18, 2011)
Speculation: New Legend of Zelda, 3DS (2013)
Untitled The Legend of Zelda Game, Wii U (2014-2015)

Software Development Group No. 4

Super Mario 64 DS, DS (November 21, 2004)
Yoshi Touch & Go, DS (January 27, 2005)
Big Brain Academy, (June 30, 2005)
New Super Mario Bros., DS (May 15, 2006)
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Wii (April 26, 2007)
New Play Control! Pikmin, Wii (December 25, 2008)
New Play Control! Pikmin 2, Wii (March 15, 2009)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii (November 12, 2009)
New Super Mario Bros. 2, 3DS (July 28, 2012)
New Super Mario Bros. U, Wii U (November 18, 2012)
Pikmin 3, Wii U (TBA 2013)

Software Development Group No. 5

Wii Fit, Wii (December 1, 2007)
Wii Fit Plus, Wii (October 1, 2009)
Steel Diver, 3DS (March 27, 2011) *with Vitei
Star Fox 64 3D, 3DS (July 14, 2011) *with Q-Games
Wii Fit U, Wii U (TBA 2013)

Tokyo Development Group No. 1 (EAD1)

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, GCN (December 16, 2004)
Super Mario Galaxy, Wii (November 1, 2007)
Jibun de Tsukuru Nintendo DS Guide, DSi (November 17, 2010)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, 3DS (June 16, 2011) *with Grezzo
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition, DSiWare (September 28, 2011) *with Grezzo
Speculation: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, 3DS (2013) *with Grezzo
Speculation: Super Mario Universe, Wii U (2014)

Tokyo Development Group No. 2 (EAD2)

Flipnote Studio, DSiWare (December 24, 2008)
New Play Control: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Wii (December 11, 2008)
Super Mario Galaxy 2, Wii (May 23, 2010)
Super Mario 3D Land, 3DS (November 3, 2011) *with Brownie Brown
Speculation: Yoshi's 3D Island, 3DS (2013)

Sora Ltd.

Meteos, DS (2005) *with Q-Entertainment
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii (2008) *with MonolithSoft, and Game Arts
Kid Icarus: Uprising, 3DS (March 2012) *as Project Sora
Super Smash Bros. 4, 3DS & Wii U (2013-4?) *with Namco-Bandai

Retro Studios

Metroid Prime, GCN (2002)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, GCN (2004)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Wii (2007)
Metroid Prime: Trilogy, Wii (2009)
Donkey Kong Country Returns, Wii (November 2010)
Mario Kart 7, 3DS (December 2011) *retro courses and assets development
Speculation:

Nd Cube (with Hudson Soft)

F-Zero Maximum Velocity, GBA (2001)
Mario Party series 1-8 (1997-2008)
Wii Party, Wii (November 2010)
Mario Party 9, Wii (March 2012)
Speculation: Mario Party X, Wii U (2014)

Monolith Soft (not listed here: 11 Namco-Bandai published titles 2002-2010 incl. Xenosaga, Super Robot Taisen, Baten Kaitos)

Baten Kaitos Origins, GCN (2006) *with tri-Crescendo
Soma Bringer, DS (2008)
Disaster: Day of Crisis, Wii (2008)
Xenoblade Chronicles, Wii (2010)
Project X Zone, 3DS (October 2012)
Untitled 3DS game (TBA)

Intelligent Systems

WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii (2006)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Wii (2007)
Super Paper Mario, Wii (2007)
Light Speed Card Battle: Card Hero, DS (2007)
Planet Puzzle League, DS (2007)
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict, DS (2008)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, DS (2008)
WarioWare: Snapped!, DSiWare (2008)
WarioWare D.I.Y., DS (2009)
WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase, WiiWare (2009)
Eco Shooter: Plant 530, WiiWare (2009)
Dragon Quest Wars, DSiWare (2009)
Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow (Remake), DS (2010)
Link 'n' Launch, DSiWare (2010)
Spotto!, DSiWare (2010)
Pushmo/Pullblox, 3DS eShop (October, 2011)
Fire Emblem: Awakening, 3DS (April, 2012)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star, 3DS (November 2012)
Crashmo/Fallblox, 3DS eShop (November, 2012)
Game & Wario, Wii U (2013)
Speculation: Pushmo 3, Wii U (2013)
Speculation: Fire Emblem: U, Wii U (2014)

HAL Laboratory

Kirby Canvas Curse, DS (2005)
Kirby Squeak Squad, DS (2006) *with Flagship
Kirby Super Star Ultra, DS (2008)
Picross 3D, DS (2009)
Face Pilot, DSiWare (2010)
Kirby Mass Attack, DS (August 2011) *with Engines
Face Raiders, 3DSware (February 2011)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Wii (October 2011)
Kirby's Dream Collection, Wii (July 2012)
Speculation: Untitled Kirby 3D Game, Wii U (2013?)

Good-Feel (not listed here: six JP-only educational games)

Wario Land: Shake It!, Wii (2008)
Kirby's Epic Yarn, Wii (October, 2010)
3D Hidden Picture, DSiWare(?) (TBA)
Wii Play: Motion (2 mini-games), Wii (June 2011)
Speculation: New Wario Land Game

AlphaDream (not listed here: 7 JP-only puzzle-adventure games)

Mario & Luigi 1, GBA (2003)
Mario & Luigi 2, DS (2005)
Mario & Luigi 3, DS (2009)
Speculation: Untitled Mario RPG? (2013?)

Camelot Software Planning (not listed here: many others in the Mario Golf/Tennis/Golden Sun series)

Mario Golf: Advance Tour, GBA (2004)
We Love Golf!, Wii (2007)
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, DS (2010)
Mario Tennis Open, 3DS (2012)
Speculation: Mario Golf U, Wii U (2014)

Jupiter Corp. (significant/recent titles listed only)

Picross DS, DS (2007)
The World Ends With You/It's a Wonderful World (JP), DS (2007) *with Square Enix
Picross e, 3DS eShop (2011)
Picross e2, 3DS eShop (2012)
Speculation: The World Ends With U, Wii U (2014)

Monster Games (significant/recent titles listed only)

Excite Truck, Wii (2006)
Excitebots: Trick Racing, Wii (2009)
Excitebike: World Rally, WiiWare (2011)
Pilotwings Resort, 3DS (2011)
Speculation: WaveRace Resort, 3DS (2013)

Next Level Games (significant/recent titles listed only)

Super Mario Strikers, GCN (2005)
Mario Strikers Charged, Wii (2007)
Punch-Out!!, Wii (2009)
Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!, WiiWare (2009)
Transformers: Cybertron Adventures, Wii (June 2010)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Wii (2010)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, 3DS (2013)

N-Space (significant/recent titles listed only)

Heroes of Ruin, 3DS (2012)
RollerCoaster Tycoon, 3DS (2012)
Skylanders: Giants, 3DS (2012) *port only
Heroes of Ruin 2, 3DS (2014)

Kuju Entertainment (significant/recent titles listed only)

The House of the Dead: Overkill, Wii (2009)
Art Academy, DS (2009–2010)
[...]
New Art Academy, 3DS (2012)
Rabbids Rumble, 3DS (2012)
???

Treasure (significant/recent titles listed only)

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (2009, Nintendo, Wii)
various XBox Live games (2011-12)
???

Pokémon developers - Game Freak / Ambrella / Creatures Inc. / Genius Sonority / other The Pokémon Company developers

Pokémon Snap, N64 (1999, VC 2009)
Pokémon Stadium, GCN (2000)
[...]
PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure, Wii (2009)
Pokémon Rumble, WiiWare (2009)
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, DS (2010)
Pokémon Black and White, DS (2010)
Pokémon Rumble Blast, 3DS (2011)
PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond, Wii (2011)
Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure (2011)
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, DS (2012)
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth, 3DS (2012)
Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight, 3DS (2012)
???

Developers not listed: Noise, Paon, Skip Ltd., Brownie Brown

How do you miss Nintendo SPD, the second main developer at Nintendo Company Limited. They are actually the main developer of half of those Intelligent Systems games you listed, and the developer of Rhythm Heaven, Brain Age, English Training, Photo Dojo, Band Brothers, Wii Channels, Joysound, DS Dictionary, Tomodachi Collection, Nintendo DS Digital Tuner, etc. And co-developer and producer of Metroid Other M, Metroid Prime, Excite Truck, Pilotwings Resort, Sin and Punishment, Pandora's Tower, The Last Story,etc.

Top Bottom