• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Direct] 3DS XL (90% larger screen, 4GB SD, better battery) OP has details

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow, if there's no white for US or EU, fuck that company. A big part of the appeal is it looks like it would match up with the constantly white WiiU pad.

Nintendo is a joke right now. What's the point in doing the second analog stick add-on if, in the end, you won't add it into a revision?

Nintendo's direction is completely lost in the dark.

Teknoman

Gimme that Black 3DSXL. Transfer, sell, profit (not really but still). Probably better 3D sweet spot, and also get a DS XL in the same swing.

Eiolon

Man, instead of making a Wii U where the game is streamed to the controller, Nintendo might as well just released this and made a small wireless receiver to the TV to stream the game to that if you wanted to play on something larger.

jett

D-Member
No AC adapter makes no sense.

I personally don't see the point of the larger screens with how low-res they are but whatever.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
This caught me by surprise. I will definitely get this and give my current 3DS to my wife. I always liked the DSi XL more than the normal DSi.

Very stupid decision to not carry an AC adapter. Hopefully NoA will fix that mistake.

Zenaku

Oh, and DS compatibility hasn't been removed.

The slide showing battery life for the 3DS LL on the Japanese stream listed battery life while playing 3DS games, and while playing DS games.

Alex

There will never be a second stick, FPSes are a small sliver of the Nintendo handheld world and it'd mean getting rid of the IR since two devices can't use the IR Bus at once.

Yeah, because only FPS's use the second analog stick. It's not like any other games have cameras or anything. Luckily with Nintendo my standards are so low that I'm never really let down anymore! =/

Although if it really didn't play DS games, I'd be let down enough to just stick with my original. I have enough clutter as is.

Oh, and DS compatibility hasn't been removed.

Hooray! Seriously, Nintendo is like a mobster, I'm thrilled just when they decide not to fucking break my thumbs.

jediyoshi

No. And they won't. Ever. Just like they'll never add another stick or increase the screen resolution. The specifications are what they are.

nCIsU.jpg

man those NA version are fugly. This intrigues me, as the small screen was a chief compliant of the 3DS for me. Still with they would have put a better analog on it (maybe an actual stick?). 2nd stick would have been nice, but the fact that it's not on there tells me it won't be supported much. $200 is a bit steep but I'll have to see how the screen looks in person. Still, those NA versions are fug.

Ilive1up

/facepalm at everything nintendo does.

no second analog stick, no AC adapter. hahaha. what the hell are they thinking? company is messed.

Top Bottom