• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Nintendo Direct] 3DS XL (90% larger screen, 4GB SD, better battery) OP has details

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
How different is the ratio of res : screen size to that of the DS XL? I mean, everyone is pretty much in love with that one.

Aad

I'm going to buy it day one, but it ain't cool lookin'.

nintendo-dsi-xl.jpg

This shit is cool lookin'

What colour is this?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This could be one of the ugliest displays ever.

Is there anything out there right now with this size of a screen and as low of a resolution?

Sintoid

Maybe you can recharge it via USB?

Anyway funny that this 3DS won't be comptatible with CPP... it kills completely every dream of using second analog XD. I can't think of a CPP for each model of 3DS it could be as funny as the microphone adapter for PSPFat/PSP2000 XD

Lothars

/facepalm at everything nintendo does.

no second analog stick, no AC adapter. hahaha. what the hell are they thinking? company is messed.
Agreed, I don't know how anyone could even want with this thing especially when it doesn't include either of those.

Kogepan

/facepalm at everything nintendo does.

no second analog stick, no AC adapter. hahaha. what the hell are they thinking? company is messed.

yes, very disappointing. The increase in size looks very unweildy as well, not sure why they were going in this direction. If they had kept the same screen size but incorporated the second stick I think the reaction would be much more positive.

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about this, and not because I already own one. Same resolution? 200 bucks....the urge to double dip isn't there.

Like that display has potential to be bad as fuck. And I'm not using slang there.

AniHawk

yeah this thing isn't doing anything at $199.99. it'll have a decent first month (total 3ds sales maybe at or around 200k for august because of new hardware and nsmb2), and then drop off to last year's levels as the holidays near.

3ds should be $99.99. 3ds xl should be $149.99. software should be $29.99.

epmode

The DS XL's pixles are bigger than grapefruits but I still love it to death. Day one. Shame about the missing analog stick though.

Mistle

most likely wont pick this up unless i'm completely blown away from it in person
bigger screen is very wanted though

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's pretty meh if you already have a 3DS. I wonder if it'll be worth it for me though. If upscaling is handled well it might be, but it really does suck that it has no second stick since it's already a bigger system.

wsippel

Banned
Yeah but the expansion pack was MANDATORY for some games. You couldn't play games like Majora's Mask without it :S
Just like you can't play Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword without Motion+. But no 3DS game will ever require a second stick. This announcement cements that for all times. And I'm perfectly fine with it.

Top Bottom