• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: Dragon Quest X Presentation (37min NOM NOM NOM)

Yottamole

Banned
Wait, Japanese DQ8 had fast menus? Those little loading times drove me a little crazy in the North American version.
400da807052d222a705387bd5e5c67645e5df8f2.jpg

Aeana

As much as I love Sugiyama's work, with what he did with DQ9 and now 10 using so many old DQ songs, I'm really not so sure he has anything left. I don't want DQ11's music to be all music from older games.

Zee-Row

Banned
As much as I love Sugiyama's work, with what he did with DQ9 and now 10 using so many old DQ songs, I'm really not so sure he has anything left. I don't want DQ11's music to be all music from older games.

Would it be blasphemy at this point to get some new blood in the music department? Maybe take off some of Sugiyama's workload off and just have him make a few tracks.

Onesimos

I wonder about the people who lined up to buy the game as today is the 2nd in Japan. Are the lines large as they were for Dragon Quest IX?

Aeana

DQ game not launching on the weekend??? :O WHAT ABOUT JAPANESE LAW!
There's no law. There never was a law.
The Japanese government made a recommendation, and Enix complied because they had no reason not to. But they can release DQ games whenever they want.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Thanks for the info. Googled it a bit, seems the game comes in two (normal?) discs, interesting...

BTW, the stream is BACK! :D

Both discs are install discs. All data is installed onto the USB memory device. Takes a while. Around 30-40 minutes actually.

Went and ordered the component cables for the Wii since with the vanilla ones the game looks like ass for some reason... Interesting that you play an offline mode before start the online.

Aeana

Both discs are install discs. All data is installed onto the USB memory device. Takes a while. Around 30-40 minutes actually.

Went and ordered the component cables for the Wii since with the vanilla ones the game looks like ass for some reason... Interesting that you play an offline mode before start the online.
The offline mode is a tutorial/prologue.

Parakeetman

It also has a super irritating jumping sound effect!

I seriously think its a nod to Mario / Nintendo since he does on occasion hold his fist straight out into the air like mario when he jumps.

The offline mode is a tutorial/prologue.

Which is what Im going through now. Semi on / off since taking care of other stuff on the PC at the same time. Hopefully it will end soon. Since want to start on my real character.

urfe

I just went to the store and saw that Dragon Quest keyboard. Anybody pick that up? If I wasn't waiting for the Wii U version, I would have!

I like how the number pad is in roman numerals.

Also, edition with USB pack in is sold out, but both game and USB stick separate are available.

Parakeetman

I just went to the store and saw that Dragon Quest keyboard. Anybody pick that up? If I wasn't waiting for the Wii U version, I would have!

I like how the number pad is in roman numerals.

Also, edition with USB pack in is sold out, but both game and USB stick separate are available.

I guess its easier for people to just buy the all in one deal, since most normal folks dont have USB drives. Then again that extra drive has a slight mark up in comparison to other cheaper brands. But yeah anyways main point being totally the convenience of having it all together.

Aeana

I was buying the regular game and the Hori stick separately since it has that cute design. Before I had to cancel my order anyway.

Sigh.

It seems most people are playing as fishmen, I didn't see as many players on the country of pink people.

Also, this game was made to be played with the GamePad, shortcuts will become very handy.

ONLINE MODE: ENGAGE

EDIT: lul, he stopped the stream because of all of the foreigners.

Japan!

Sugiyama's music has been declining since the SNES games anyway. It's clear that his well of inspiration has completely run dry by now.

Aeana

I didn't expect many people on here to be playing so I didn't make the OT. But if there are going to be several of you playing, then perhaps one should be made.

There's no law. There never was a law.
The Japanese government made a recommendation, and Enix complied because they had no reason not to. But they can release DQ games whenever they want.

I know, I was just joking. :p

It's an MMO; the Japanese government has just accepted that millions will never work again, and so lifted the weekend restriction.

Japan had a good run.

Parakeetman

I didn't expect many people on here to be playing so I didn't make the OT. But if there are going to be several of you playing, then perhaps one should be made.

Am sure it would be much appreciated and give those who are playing a place to discuss whats going on. :)

Parakeetman

This should have been the pack-in thumb drive:

798b656017ea065734b49629bb47d1198221ce34.jpg

Agreed, at least that one seems to be worth the extra bit of cash thrown out for the thing. Plus am sure the fans would have loved it more than just a standard white drive with slime print on it.

If the offline portion of combat is exactly the same as online its interesting how you can actually impede enemy movement towards healers / casters by pushing against them in battle. Might be one of the few mmos that allow for this. Quite interesting really and could see it making things a bit more tactical with how you work with a party in combat.

Aeana

Just wouldn't feel right if you didn't make it.
It wouldn't feel right to make an OT for a game I can't play, though.

I'm really unhappy about this situation with the game. I know there are things to try to get around it, but I don't know if they'll even work. Someone else I know is getting it anyway and I guess she'll let me know how it goes.

duckroll

Is anyone on GAF even playing this POS? It's IP locked, it's import restricted, there's a monthly fee, it's a Wii game, and it's a MMO where the only other players will be Japanese. If you guys want to fap over streams, there's no need to have an OT.

Aeana

Is anyone on GAF even playing this POS? It's IP locked, it's import restricted, there's a monthly fee, it's a Wii game, and it's a MMO where the only other players will be Japanese. If you guys want to fap over streams, there's no need to have an OT.
Well, you could try reading a couple of posts in the thread. There are three people in here who are actually playing it so far.
There was not going to be an OT if nobody was playing.

Top Bottom