• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct EU [and now US] about Wii U + 3DS on 5th Dec @ 5pm GMT

For me:
Wii Fit U
Game & Wario
Luigi's Mansion (looks so good)

Maybes:
Lego City Undercover
Pikmin 3
HarmoKnights
Brain Age 3D

That's a pretty sparse list. I think Nintendo is making a mistake by now giving us a small teaser for something in Q3 or Q4.

Tunic

I wanted to hear release dates for Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pikmin 3, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Guess I will still be waiting. Fire Emblem looks cool, never played any of the previous games though. Game and Wario looks like it could be fun also. Lego City Undercover looked like a Lego version of GTA. It somewhat intrigued me also.

Jackano

FE/Monster Hunter on 3DS
Rayman/Monster Hunter on WiiU

WiiU is the more worrying one.

Fire Emblem is out in Japan since ages, others are third party games. Nintendo is only able to release Nintendo Land and NSBMU for the first 6 months of its new hardware. This is scarry!

PS3 would have loved to have that "drought". Guys, you are a little bit crying too much.

but nintendo needs to show me all the games they've ever even slightly mentioned are in development, and they need to tell me when I can play them! Otherwise they aren't real!!!!

but yea it would've served them well to talk about playable demos coming to the WiiU eshop or something. oh well

Jeff-DSA

Nintendo is beginning to realize that there's a danger in supersaturation, it seems. They realize that they're typically not a gamer's only console, and they're not going to put games out to die just to fill a release calendar up. We've lost too many publishers and developers this generation and by cutting back on sheer numbers, I think Nintendo is aiming for a safer route for releases.

If Rayman, Lego City, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, and Luigi's Mansion don't give Nintendo fans enough to keep busy through to the Spring, I don't know what it the world they're looking for, exactly.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For me:
Wii Fit U
Game & Wario
Luigi's Mansion (looks so good)

Maybes:
Lego City Undercover
Pikmin 3
HarmoKnights
Brain Age 3D

That's a pretty sparse list. I think Nintendo is making a mistake by now giving us a small teaser for something in Q3 or Q4.

They have to have at least one big hitter for Q3-4, but they'll probably wait for E3 to try and head off hype from Sony and MS

Ugh, the lack of release dates is killing me. All the games shown looked pretty solid though, I'm pretty hyped for Pikmin 3 and I definitely will keep an eye on Lego City.

March? I think I won't touch my 3DS until then...

Pretty much this. And I have hardly touched my 3DS since beating New Mario 2, which was some months ago. Before THAT it was KI, which I touched very little due to the weird controls. Like I said in another thread, quite possibly the worst second year for a system line-up ever.

Oersted

No. There's plenty of games coming out for the other HD platforms. Not having games come out is a bad sign and deliberately delaying games in Europe until Q1 to make this seem less like a drought is ludicrous.

Talking about post-launch situation. And not having games come out? Really? Is that denial mode now?

harmoknight yay

no name change too :)

YEEEEAAAH. Not "Musical Warrior" like "Pullblox".

March!?! What fucking monologues are taking so long to translate? Eugh I'm gonna play Denpa Men then let my 3DS hibernate for a little bit. Paper Mario is nowhere near acceptable to keep us through till March.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Picross E 2? Cheap fucks, how about giving us enough levels in the first one?

(Multi puzzle thing looks good though)

Top Bottom