• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct EU [and now US] about Wii U + 3DS on 5th Dec @ 5pm GMT

Yep. ND are pretty useful.
I havent paid attention to gaming news since like September and the only new info I got out of this direct was a release date for Fire Emblem and the fact that we are actually getting Harmon Knight. It was just reshowing games they already talked about and reaffirmed that they were all coming out early next year like everyone thought.

There was hardly any actual news. It was more like "Ok guys everything is still coming....we cant tell you when yet but theyll still be here around when we said they would."

donny2112

I havent paid attention to gaming news since like September and the only new info I got out of this direct was a release date for Fire Emblem and the fact that we are actually getting Harmon Knight.

1) Panaorama-view being an actual buyable game. People were suggesting this at E3, but no word on it.
2) Google Maps/virutal walking tour of wherever (e.g Rome, Kyoto, London) via the Game Pad.
3) Release dates.

Do you guys realize that Olimar must travel through the WHOLE universe, face dangerous adventures, lose friendly pikmins, than travel back to heart and speak with Mr. Myamoto? And the developers must wait for this thing to happen every month.
Not to mention that bounty hunter...

Karish

Safe to assume they will sell WiiFit U game and pedometer only for those of us that already have the balance board?

Teknoman

If you guys missed out on ZombiU or Sonic All Stars racing, pick these up. Of course Sonic Racing still needs a patch to fix some of the glitched races, but its still a fun and great looking (non-exclusive) game.

1) Panaorama-view being an actual buyable game. People were suggesting this at E3, at no word on it.
2) Google Maps/virutal walking tour of wherever (e.g Rome, Kyoto, London) via the Game Pad.
3) Release dates.
1) I sincerely hope no one is excited for the panaorama. No one was watching a video conference from Nintendo hoping to see this. No one is buying a Wii U for this.

2) Not a game, Google maps has been around forever. This is just another app people will hardly ever use. Again, no one is buying a Wii U to use Google maps.

3) Unless I missed something we only got one solid release date while the others were
just what quarter the games are coming out in, most of which we already knew.

Even with all your examples this is a really lackluster showing for Nintendo. Im not even mad that theyre not showing anything new. I just dont like how these videos are 85% rehashed info, 10% talking about things that most people dont care much about and 5% actual interesting video game announcements.

Nekki

I havent paid attention to gaming news since like September and the only new info I got out of this direct was a release date for Fire Emblem and the fact that we are actually getting Harmon Knight. It was just reshowing games they already talked about and reaffirmed that they were all coming out early next year like everyone thought.

Nobody's pointing a gun at you to watch it.

Boerseun

Banned
The LEGO pack-in code to unlock items is a brilliant idea. I really wanted a release date though. At least we finally have one for Scribblenauts Unlimited, which has always looked like a must-buy title (as has Lego City Undercover actually).

Top Bottom