• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

donny2112

It kind of peeves me that they never mention the weekly DLC updates for Fire Emblem in their PR updates, but they do for Mystery Dungeon.

NOA didn't have confidence in Fire Emblem. That explains why they weren't in a hurry to announce it (slip at E3 by Reggie followed by retcon trailer on Nintendo Direct), and why they didn't order enough copies from Japan to cover sales (U.S. shortages that still are affecting some, based on Amazon going back to "2-3 weeks" to order a copy).

As long as they continue to bring them over, it's not terrible, but agree that it'd be nicer if NOA gave more props to the Fire Emblem fans. ~140K retail + ~80K eShop (greatly inflated due to shortages) + ~20K bundles = 240K in the U.S. (140K for comparison to past FEs, which sort of puts it in line with Sacred Stones in the U.S. after two months)

Effect

I wish there was someone or way we could inquire about demos for Wii U games, especially upcoming ones. There is a good chance I might have bought Injustice on the Wii U if I could at least play it first yet there is no demo. Trying to contact anyone related to the game just goes ignored.

At this point I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't put up the demos for Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 that have been at events either.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I wish there was someone or way we could inquire about demos for Wii U games, especially upcoming ones. There is a good chance I might have bought Injustice on the Wii U if I could at least play it first yet there is no demo. Trying to contact anyone related to the game just goes ignored.

At this point I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't put up the demos for Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 that have been at events either.

MiiVerse it. It seems to work as an outcry.

BowieZ

Banned
Forgive me for being behind but for how long has there been a Nintendo Letter Box update live on the EU eShop? And what does it do?

Assuming that's the same one we recently got in America, it must've just gone up. It does the following:

• At first start up, the app will ask if it can send anonymous data about how you use the application to improve future products. Option to enable or opt out available.
  • You can now use a different color on each page of a message
  • Take photos and record audio while writing, no longer required to import from SD card
  • You can now filter your notes by who sent them, to quickly find a note from a certain sender.
  • Delete multiple notes at once
  • Pressing the 'B' button now has an undo/redo function
  • After writing a message, press the 'A' button to see how it will be played back
  • A bubble beside each message will indicate how many replies it has received
  • (Not sure if this was available before) Slide the Circle pad left to slow down writing/drawing animations from notes, or slide the circle pad right to speed up the animation.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_for_download_on_north_american_3ds_consoles

I hope we start seeing reviews for LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, before it's released.

I've heard nothing about and that kinda worries me.

Ha ha. I take it you didn't enjoy it either...

I thought for some reason it was going to be a Binding of Isaac dungeon crawler with a witch helper. Instead it was a "walk into enemies to attack" arcade title with light (non-existent almost) RPG elements and a shitty status system. Easily the worst eShop title I've ever bought.

Ondore

Not in a position to check right now, so does anyone know the eShop price for Tetris Axis?

I'm hoping for $10 (since I bought it retail for that), would probably go in for $15, but expecting $30.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Discounts and Price Cuts

• Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes | $14.99 $13.49) (Until 04/19)

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Discounts and Price Cuts

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Discounts

• Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation | €9.99 | £8.99 €4.99 | £4.49) (Until 04/25)
  • Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward Technologies | €9.99 | £8.99 €7.49 | £6.75) (Until 04/25)
  • Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia | €9.99 | £8.99 €6.99 | £5.99) (Until 04/25)
  • Puddle (Neko Entertainment | €9.99 | £8.99 €6.99 | £6.29) (Until 05/02)
  • The Cave (SEGA | €12.99 | £9.99 €8.99 | £7.99) (Until 04/25)
  • Toki Tori 2 (Two Tribes | €14.99 | £12.99 €13.49 | £11.69) (Until 04/25)
  • Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte | €16.99 | £13.99 €8.49 | £6.99) (Until (04/30)

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Kung Fu Rabbit (Neko Entertainment | €4.99 | £4.49) Latest release!

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Kirby's Adventure (Nintendo | NES | €0.30 | £0.30) (Until 05/16) Latest release!
  • Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (Nintendo | NES | €0.30 | £0.30) (Until 04/18)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Discounts

• Aero Porter (Level-5 | €4.99 | £4.49 €2.99 | £2.69) (Until 05/30)
  • Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia | €6.99 | £6.29 €4.99 | £4.49) (Until 04/25)
  • Crimson Shroud (Level-5 | €7.99 | £7.19 €4.99 | £4.49) (Until 05/30)
  • Dress to Play: Cute Witches! (EnjoyUp Games | €3.99 | £3.59 €1.99 | £1.79) (Until 04/25)
  • Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia | €4.99 | £4.49 €3.49 | £3.19) (Until 04/25)
  • Gunman Clive (Bertil Hörberg | €1.99 | £1.99 €1.49 | £1.49) (Until 04/25)
  • Liberation Maiden (Level-5 | €7.99 | £7.19 €4.99 | £4.49) (Until 05/30)
  • Mighty Switch Force! (WayForward Technologies | €5.99 | £5.39 €4.49 | £4.09) (Until 04/25)
  • Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid | €8.99 | £8.09 €5.99 | £5.39) (Until 04/25)
  • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Rising Star Games | €40.00 | £30.00 €24.99 | £19.99) (Until 05/02)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo | €44.99 | £39.99) Upcoming (04/19)
  • Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo (Pixel Toys | €4.99 | £4.99) Latest release!

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Dig Dug (Namco Bandai | NES | €3.99 | £3.59) Latest release!

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Forgotten Legions (Cypronia | 500 Points | €4.99 | £4.49) Latest release!

Not in a position to check right now, so does anyone know the eShop price for Tetris Axis?

I'm hoping for $10 (since I bought it retail for that), would probably go in for $15, but expecting $30.
It's listed under new releases, but if you click on it there's no price and it isn't available for download. It gives you the standard "available at your local retailer" message. I'm wondering how much it'll be too as it's my most played 3DS game (it's great for commuting) and I'd love to be able to pop into it without switching carts. If it's relatively cheap, that is!

kswiston

NOA didn't have confidence in Fire Emblem. That explains why they weren't in a hurry to announce it (slip at E3 by Reggie followed by retcon trailer on Nintendo Direct), and why they didn't order enough copies from Japan to cover sales (U.S. shortages that still are affecting some, based on Amazon going back to "2-3 weeks" to order a copy).

As long as they continue to bring them over, it's not terrible, but agree that it'd be nicer if NOA gave more props to the Fire Emblem fans. ~140K retail + ~80K eShop (greatly inflated due to shortages) + ~20K bundles = 240K in the U.S. (140K for comparison to past FEs, which sort of puts it in line with Sacred Stones in the U.S. after two months)

FE: Awakening was also one of their best reviewed handheld titles of all time. You'd think that they would be promoting it more now, even if they botched the launch. Libraries of high quality titles sell systems.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Firaga Emblem, Super Little Acorns & Crimson Shroud, here I come!

Santiako

I just bought Crimson Shroud, the 3D effect on the menu logo is impressive, it really feels like the words are floating a couple of cm above the screen.

also

Banned
So many games and sales but Monster Hunter has taken over my life. Even if I buy them, they will just be gathering digital dust for a long time to come.

So with the sale going on is Liberation Maiden worth a download? I have enjoyed Suda 51's efforts in the past but wasn't sure how much of his brand of craziness made it into this title.

Hale-XF11

NoA really confuses me sometimes. Tetris Axis still isn't up and there's still no price for it. It's also labeled as "New" and says "Retail Only." oh, ok.

nron10

Neo Member
FYI: Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins reviews, at least in North America, will basically be going up when the game comes out (aka midnight Saturday night). As long as our reviewer doesn't hit any major hiccups, check Nintendo World Report for a review. :)

Early report? The load times are bad. Seems to be a Lego City trend...

Hale-XF11

Yeah, Nintendolife confirmed that in their review mentioning "40 second loads" between regions and when you go in/out of the police station.

Brutal load times, but thankfully the game is set up in such a way that you get a bunch of missions in one region before moving on to the next, so you're not always dealing with constant load times as you get around. Still, would have been nice if they could pare that down some more. I don't suppose that's something that can be patched or not.

zigg

FYI: Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins reviews, at least in North America, will basically be going up when the game comes out (aka midnight Saturday night). As long as our reviewer doesn't hit any major hiccups, check Nintendo World Report for a review. :)

There are reviews already in the Chase Begins preview thread. nofi said "Loading times are nowhere near as bad as the Wii U version."

Tyeforce

So what does it do?
From the eShop:
Nintendo eShop said:
Nintendo Fan Network makes your Mariners game-day experience more interactive, social, and fun!

Nintendo Fan Network enhances the live game by putting games, contests, stats, scores, news, and even trajectory and location of each pitch directly on your Nintendo 3DS. Fill the time in between innings with special games and trivia, take part in the daily photo contest, or order food and beverages directly to your seat!

Want to share Nintendo Fan Network with your friends but need more Nintendo DS units? No problem! Check out additional units for free at the Nintendo Fan Network kiosk located near section 143 (credit card required).

Nintendo Fan Network is a free application and is only available at Safeco Field in Seattle, Wa.

Tyeforce

Sounds much more interesting than it probably is. Still, sounds like a keeper, just for its oddness.
Lol, yeah, I have no use for the application, but it'll be fun setting it as my last played game and confusing people at StreetPass meet ups. "What's Nintendo Fan Network?!"

Gonna grab Crimson Shroud and Liberation Maiden from the sale but they'll overflow my fridge. Time to upgrade passed the SD card that came with the 3DS.

ngower

I'm on the fence about both Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud. Neither look completely up my alley, but they've always intrigued me and I wish there were some sort of demo that would allow me to try out the game. Unfortunately, that isn't the reality of the situation. Furthermore, there's always the possibility of being surprised by a game that might not fall within my 'comfort zone.' Given the relatively low price of entry, there's not much risk. Nevertheless, $10 thrown away could be $10 thrown away.

So, sell me (or don't) on either or both of these games, GAFers.

Santiako

I'm on the fence about both Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud. Neither look completely up my alley, but they've always intrigued me and I wish there were some sort of demo that would allow me to try out the game. Unfortunately, that isn't the reality of the situation. Furthermore, there's always the possibility of being surprised by a game that might not fall within my 'comfort zone.' Given the relatively low price of entry, there's not much risk. Nevertheless, $10 thrown away could be $10 thrown away.

So, sell me (or don't) on either or both of these games, GAFers.

I haven't played Crimson Shroud yet, but I do not recommend Liberation Maiden, this is a little blurb I made in another thread:

Don't buy this game. The premise of the game is fantastic, a hot high school girl is the president of Japan, so obviously she has to put on a skin-thight suit and hop on a mech to fight some aliens that are invading, all a 3D shmup-like game, what can go wrong? Everything. It controls poorly, it's very very short (about an hour, an hour and a half), very repetitive, you can't skip dialogue, making replaying tedious, and there aren't even leaderboards, making the focus of the game (scores) moot.
The only good things about the game are that it looks nice enough and there is an animated intro that is pretty.

Not worth it imo

Top Bottom