• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

wow pretty big news, anyone know if these are available in stores or online only?

The code cards (Actual physical cards, you only get a download code when buying online) are purchasable in store, yes. But in the GAME I checked in earlier had them all priced at exactly the same amount as to get each straight from the eShop.

Silverball is underutilized. They should develop a Nintendo-centric f2p pinball game like Zen Pinball 2. They could have Kirby, Metroid, Zelda, Mario etc themed tables. Remakes of Nintendo's old pinball games too.

rjc571

Banned
But... this isn't a pinball game...

(oh, how the mighty have fallen)

They obviously have lots of talent, and Metroid Prime Pinball and Pinball Pulse are dripping with quality and polish even if you ignore the pinball aspect, so I wouldn't write off their new game just because it isn't pinball related.

serplux

From the Vancouver Indie Summit:

BIUWFbECIAA6vni.jpg

BIUajfSCUAEx2Oc.jpg

MrBS

After watching the trailer for Tetris Axis MrsBS and I picked it up. Local matches will work at least. Good times.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Whats up with publishers like Bandai Namco not putting their more rare retail titles like Tales of the Abyss 3D not on the eShop for free money ? The game is pretty rare at European retailers and customers constantly being overcharged for a copy. Put the game on the eShop for around 30€ and make that money..... who is running these companies ? Didnt they learn anything from ToV on the 360 ?

3DS is in beat mode right now and they fail to profit from it. Other examples Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Cave Story 3D, Rhythm Thief, Dead or Alive Dimensions, Sonic Generation etc.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Whats up with publishers like Bandai Namco not putting their more rare retail titles like Tales of the Abyss 3D not on the eShop for free money ? The game is pretty rare at European retailers and customers constantly being overcharged for a copy. Put the game on the eShop for around 30€ and make that money..... who is running these companies ? Didnt they learn anything from ToV on the 360 ?

3DS is in beat mode right now and they fail to profit from it. Other examples Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, Cave Story 3D, Rhythm Thief, Dead or Alive Dimensions, Sonic Generation etc.

I think Cave Story 3D not on eShop is due to Cave Story+. The others...SEGA released Sonic Racing on eShop, strange they haven't released anything else yet. Square recently released Heroes of Ruin, and it's the second best selling retail title that came out on March 28th here in Europe, behind Mercenaries 3D...let's see if they will continue or not.

I hit the lucky 7 with retail titles yesterday:

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Kid Icarus: Uprising
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Virtue's Last Reward

Luckily I found good deals for Kid Icarus, Star Fox and VLR and didn't pay for Zelda since my brother bought it. With eShop and VC titles I'm greatly enjoying the system although there's still room for improvement. Looking at this year's releaselist I'm planning several games (close to) day 1 and from the back-catalog:

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Mario Kart 7
Shinobi
Theatrythm: Final Fantasy

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
Pokémon X/Y
Shin Megami Tensei 4
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2

And some more I'm not 100% certain about or eShop games. I'm in love with the 3DS but I hope I can share some of the costs with my brother :lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think Cave Story 3D not on eShop is due to Cave Story+. The others...SEGA released Sonic Racing on eShop, strange they haven't released anything else yet. Square recently released Heroes of Ruin, and it's the second best selling retail title that came out on March 28th here in Europe, behind Mercenaries 3D...let's see if they will continue or not.

They are leaving money on the table, thats the point....these games are finished and could get a 2nd life by putting them on the eShop and being exposed again to new customers. I dont know if its Nintendo certification process for retail titles on the eShop or just the publisher fault, but if they would take the console just a lil bit more serious we wouldnt have such a situation.

Many publishers are not willing to embrace the whole 3DS eco system, but have are wasting no time to complain about lackluster sales or Nintendo support. I mean Ubisoft ist putting Splinter Cell on the eShop instead of the fan-favorite Shadow Wars, which easily would have benefited from getting an eShop release around the same time a Fire Emblem. Put it on their for 10-15€ and make some money to finance future titles and localizations. They have no problem doing this on other digital stores, but act often like cave men when it comes to the eShop.

-MB-

Anyone from the EU who has any idea if u can use an eshop card bought from another EU Euro using country in another EU/Euro using country?

also

Banned
Anyone from the EU who has any idea if u can use an eShop card bought from another EU Euro using country in another EU/Euro using country?

The countries must share the same currency,e.g., you can't use UK eShop cards (GBP) on a German account (€).
EDIT: I misread. I think you can.

-MB-

The countries must share the same currency,e.g., you can't use UK eShop cards (GBP) on a German account (€).
EDIT: I misread. I think you can.

I will want to have confirmation from someone who actually did so, before I commit to spending money on something really.

M3d10n

They are leaving money on the table, thats the point....these games are finished and could get a 2nd life by putting them on the eShop and being exposed again to new customers. I dont know if its Nintendo certification process for retail titles on the eShop or just the publisher fault, but if they would take the console just a lil bit more serious we wouldnt have such a situation.

Many publishers are not willing to embrace the whole 3DS eco system, but have are wasting no time to complain about lackluster sales or Nintendo support. I mean Ubisoft ist putting Splinter Cell on the eShop instead of the fan-favorite Shadow Wars, which easily would have benefited from getting an eShop release around the same time a Fire Emblem. Put it on their for 10-15€ and make some money to finance future titles and localizations. They have no problem doing this on other digital stores, but act often like cave men when it comes to the eShop.

Shadow Wars is on the US eShop. It's not in the PAL one?

Has anyone in the UK purchased download codes from Game online? If so, do you get them in an email immediately, or is some card or something posted to you?

If it's an instantaneous email, I'm going to make HEAVY use of this for downloadable retail software. Prices are much cheaper.

CraigMcD

Has anyone in the UK purchased download codes from Game online? If so, do you get them in an email immediately, or is some card or something posted to you?

If it's an instantaneous email, I'm going to make HEAVY use of this for downloadable retail software. Prices are much cheaper.
I bought a Steam download from them the other night and I got the code instantly.

zroid

Banned
So guys, how long does Harmoknight lasts?

It will depend on your playstyle. If you just go for the bare minimum -- to complete each level -- it probably will take about 4 hours. If you aim to get a great rating on each level, maybe 5 hours. If you're a score chaser, you could easily put upwards of 10-15 hours in. I "finished" the game with 14 hours on the clock, without attempting any of the stages on fast mode. If I try that, I could probably double my time yet again.

From what I remember of others saying, e-mail. Also shows up on order summary which is good because the e-mail can be slow.

The money cards are sent by post instead though.

rjc571

Banned
So guys, how long does Harmoknight lasts?

If you just want to play to the final boss and be done with it, it'll only take you 2-3 hours. But like any rhythm game, its strength lies in its replay value, since it's a ton of fun to play levels over and over again to improve your score. It also has quite a bit of challenging postgame content to extend the life of the game even if you're not into replaying stages simply to improve your scores. By the time I got gold on every stage on normal and fast I had played it for a little over 10 hours. Some of that time was spent replaying stages just for fun though, so the actual time needed for beating it 100% is probably around 8-9 hours. EDIT: This is assuming that you're good at rhythm games. If you have sucky rhythm it'll probably take you a bit longer than this.

-MB-

I just took a risk and got the German eshop card anyway, and it works fine.
So for future reference: You can use an eshop card bought in any EU country using the Euro in any other Euro using country as well (providing eshop is even available there ofc)

Boogiepop

So I'm thinking I'm going to grab Crimson Shroud while it's on sale, but I'm not so sure on AeroPorter or Liberation Maiden. Are they worth grabbing at the discounted price?

Roto13

Aero Porter is good until it gets too hard, and then you can't go back to the easier/fun levels without deleting your save file and starting over completely.

I'm kind of confused about the WiiU VC upgrade discounts, but I'm guessing no one here has a definite answer. Say I transferred my VC games to my new WiiU from my Wii. When I upgrade do I keep the Wii version & have the new WiiU version of the VC game or does it delete the Wii version? I guess it doesn't really matter, but it'd be nice to have an option.

Erethian

I'm kind of confused about the WiiU VC upgrade discounts, but I'm guessing no one here has a definite answer. Say I transferred my VC games to my new WiiU from my Wii. When I upgrade do I keep the Wii version & have the new WiiU version of the VC game or does it delete the Wii version? I guess it doesn't really matter, but it'd be nice to have an option.

They're two separate things, so you keep the Wii version even if you buy the Wii U version of a VC title.

JavyOO7

So I'm thinking I'm going to grab Crimson Shroud while it's on sale, but I'm not so sure on AeroPorter or Liberation Maiden. Are they worth grabbing at the discounted price?

I'm grabbing them all since they're on sale. $4.99 x 2 and $2.99 x 1 is pretty damn good for three games. I'm sure I can get a good amount of hours on each of them. And also when the time comes to fill out CN surveys, I'll make sure to note I bought these during sales and would appreciate very much if Nintendo very aggressively pursued more.

Mileena

Banned
Nope, the launch lineup (at least in the US) will be Mario World, Excitebike, Ice Climber, DKJr plus the 4 already released 30¢ Famicom Anniversary games (F-Zero, Balloon Fight, Punch-Out and Kirby's Adventure).

I'm speechless. It took them six months for that.

Drago

Nope, the launch lineup (at least in the US) will be Mario World, Excitebike, Ice Climber, DKJr plus the 4 already released 30¢ Famicom Anniversary games (F-Zero, Balloon Fight, Punch-Out and Kirby's Adventure).
Is that really it?

I'm gonna upgrade my Mario World copy but the other 3 games are junk, especially at $5. And I already own all 3 of them on my 3DS.

I hope LttP is coming very soon. I have it on Wii mode but I've yet to play it and would rather play on the gamepad.

GulAtiCa

The Nintendo Direct showed a lot more then just that. Though we really don't know what will be available yet (other then some obvious ones)

jgkspsx

So after fucking Fuse over and sending them into bankruptcy, Nintendo hired Silverball (Fuse reincarnated) again? And Silverball agreed? Geez. They must be desperate for money to fund the Pro Pinball revival.

I have to admit, I do enjoy Bear Shark. It's a shame that there is literally nothing else new on Nintendo Video. You'd think they'd at least promote a game or something.

Top Bottom