• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

zroid

Banned
Tetris Axis is finally up and it's only $9.99. :)

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Well done, Nintendo. It's a shame they couldn't apply the same common sense to Steel Diver and Pilotwings! Maybe some day. :)

Anyone who bought Tetris Axis digitally know if it works with the retail-to-digital transfer tool? To bring over high scores, online ranking, etc?

Roto13

So the Bear Shark season finale is on Nintendo Video and it has a link to the eShop and apparently there's going to be a Bear Shark game in a couple of weeks. :p Doesn't seem particularly complicated. (The touch screen has one giant button on it that says "Jump" or "Dive" in two of the screenshots.) Price is TBD.

They should just make a Dinosaur Office game. I'd buy that.

EDIT: Game's page on Nintendo.com

Oh shit, this is big news for UKers and eShop downloads:

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...14845&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

So it looks like retail stores are starting to get into the DD space. Wii U DD games at ~ £42 which I think is lower than eShop prices. Also 3DS DD games are cheaper than the typical £39.99 RRP e.g. Fire Emblem and Monster Hnter @ £34.99, Luigi's Mansion @ £33.99, NSMB2 @ £32.99... 1st party published stuff so far but hopefully more in the future.

BriBri

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...14845&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

So it looks like retail stores are starting to get into the DD space. Wii U DD games at ~ £42 which I think is lower than eShop prices. Also 3DS DD games are cheaper than the typical £39.99 RRP e.g. Fire Emblem and Monster Hnter @ £34.99, Luigi's Mansion @ £33.99, NSMB2 @ £32.99... 1st party published stuff so far but hopefully more in the future.
Wowzers. Thanks for the link. And great news for those (like me) who are transitioning to digital...

wow pretty big news, anyone know if these are available in stores or online only?

Little surprised that Luigi's Mansion doesn't have Nintendo points as a reward for downloading and that Kid Icarus isn't available for download.

Anyway, how many blocks does Luigi's Mansion take?

Disguises

Does anyone know if the code is emailed to you? Seems like I'll be doing this from now on...

Forgive me for being behind but for how long has there been a Nintendo Letter Box update live on the EU eShop? And what does it do?
Nikki explained in her mail, guess the spotpass post is slow...

I think its a few days old but it allows you to record audio while writing letters rathenr than have to use pre-recorded audio...at least thats what I think it said.

zigg

I'm digging it, plus you get 30 coins for registering it with Club Nintendo.
This confused me for a moment because I saw "40+", but there's 10 for the post-play. (Not sure what the heck the + is for, heh.)

Anyway, waiting on my coins. I used to have the game card, it was pretty cool despite the lack of Push Mode.

Hale-XF11

This confused me for a moment because I saw "40+", but there's 10 for the post-play. (Not sure what the heck the + is for, heh.)

I don't get that either. Nintendo being Nintendo.

Tetris Axis $9.99? So bought! Glad I waited.

Me too. I purposely held off on the retail version because it seemed like only a matter of time until it came to the eShop, plus this is one of those games I want with me wherever I go.

Sendou

Wow. Sort of reminds me of Dillon's Rolling Western. If only that had been a cool indie-looking 2.5D platformer and not a shitty repetitive tower defense game :(

Yeah we have enough of those by now, thanks. Not that we don't have enough shitty games in the world.

Kazerei

Banned
I bought and sold a physical copy of Tetris Axis a long time ago. I was kind of disappointed in the music and aesthetics, the new modes and features, and the inability to customize controls. But for $9.99 ... hmm. It's probably the best option available if you really want Tetris.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Tetris Axis at 9.99 is a great news because it's a Nintendo game in NA, so this could mean Nintendo is more open at reducing prices after some time.

EDIT: Was it at 39.99 or at 29.99 at launch? I don't remember now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
When you do your Club Nintendo survey for Tetris Axis, make sure to mention you bought it because it was $9.99 and you would be interested in buying more games like Pilotwings if it were $9.99

BriBri

Tetris Axis at 9.99 is a great news because it's a Nintendo game in NA, so this could mean Nintendo is more open at reducing prices after some time.
It's a Nintendo game? Bigger news than I thought! Lets hope Pilotwings, Pokémon Rumble etc etc are next:)

Hale-XF11

Nintendo should re-release games like Steel Diver and Pilotwings digitally at a deep discount, but with extra stuff added in (like what Shin'en did with Nano Assault EX) and the ability to get DLC (like extra missions in both games). They probably won't do that, but I'd consider double dipping if they did.

When you do your Club Nintendo survey for Tetris Axis, make sure to mention you bought it because it was $9.99 and you would be interested in buying more games like Pilotwings if it were $9.99

I mentioned that I thought "the price was just right."

zroid

Banned

Haha yep, I say this for every game I buy which is on sale. And if I get Tetris Axis (I probably will) I'll be saying the same.

tsab

Just updated the rest of Ambassador NES games (PAL)
All 10 out of 10 with a NES icon in the home menu, OCDs rejoice

zigg

Gah, I forgot how awful Tetris Axis online multiplayer is. The mic-blow item, the lengthy forced wait when you lose…

Hale-XF11

Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins has just been dropped to $29.99 in the eShop, presumably to match retail pricing.

edit: Although it appears that Best Buy and Gamestop still have the boxed version priced above $29.99 on their websites. Interesting.

Boogiepop

What's the opinion on the Guild-01 stuff? Considering them now that they're on sale. Also, I'm a lefty, which I think heard would maybe be a problem with Liberation Maiden?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Has anyone bought the Kung Fu Rabbit game on Wii U? It looks like a pretty cool platformer.

Yep. Really enjoying it. The art style is simple but charming. Plays like Meat Boy. Starts off relatively easy but gets hard quite quickly. So far, I'd give it at least 7/10.

So the Bear Shark season finale is on Nintendo Video and it has a link to the eShop and apparently there's going to be a Bear Shark game in a couple of weeks. :p Doesn't seem particularly complicated. (The touch screen has one giant button on it that says "Jump" or "Dive" in two of the screenshots.) Price is TBD.

They should just make a Dinosaur Office game. I'd buy that.

EDIT: Game's page on Nintendo.com

Developer: Silverball

Uh, is that the same Silverball that was previously Fuse Games? :/

evanmisha

Isn't it that during the first (I believe) 2 weeks after release, game registrations give a bonus 10 Club Nintendo points?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
What's the opinion on the Guild-01 stuff? Considering them now that they're on sale. Also, I'm a lefty, which I think heard would maybe be a problem with Liberation Maiden?

I got Crimson Shroud. It's unique and well written. I haven't gotten far, but from what I've heard it isn't a very long game. That said, I'd say treat them in a similar manner to that of the Double Fine downloadable games. All of them have some sort of traditional aspect to them, but they also have something that is unique and not commonly seen in many other games.

Top Bottom