• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I can't believe it wasn't part of the bundle.

.......also STILL no Badge Collection for the US!

Wait DK64 was 50Hz...I didn't read it right it must be getting late here...well its still DK64 so something I'll never play again (still watch glitched speeduns which are getting gltitchier as time goes on) but sucks for those who want to. Even if it is Rare 50Hz so probably fine.

So guys nobody talking about these:
April 16th - Pandora's Tower
April 30th - Sin and Punishment

They're 25% off. It is almost like putting out games with 0% off after a load of 50% off resulting in very few sales taught them something...

Streetpass VIP room = StarWolf_UK am cry.
If only I knew what it did...I assume it will be just the first batch of DLC plaza games and nobody will know a thing until they actually comes out.

VIP Room should be free if you buy both those games. 5 bucks for UI improvements seems stingy.
Notice how on the birthday mode it went into a greeting screen. Almost sounds like it could be a way to game the system to give you more hits. But without concrete info that is mere speculation.

daydream

Banned
It was a Direct full of tying up loose ends (VC, Fatal Frame, SMTxFE, Box Boy, Amiibo cards, MK8 DLC, Gunvolt, Mario Maker, Yoshi) and expanding on released products (MK8 200cc, Codename S.T.E.A.M. enemy speed, Streetpass games). I really enjoyed it, actually.

Some loose ends that didn't come up, to my chagrin:

- Rhythm Tengoku localisation (new footage, though, yay~)
- Dai Gyakuten Saiban localisation (same)
- Youkai Watch date
- Rusty EU version
- 3DS sticker crane thingie
- online eShop codes on Western Amazon stores
- Paper Mario TTYD 3D

Oh well, still a good show.

Robin64

9GxK4A9.png

You should watch the Nintendo Direct if you haven't.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure on WarioWare Touched. I didn't hate it, but it kind of felt like a "tech demo" game. Didn't help I enjoyed WarioWare Twisted SOOOO much more.

Now the question is, how will games like Sonic Rush & Contra 4 work, where the screens HAVE to be next to each other, but still require D-pad & buttons? Holding it vertically won't work.

........also for the love of god, Square-Enix, THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU. I will gladly rebuy that game if you put it on the VC.

Edit: OMG, I just noticed with the new Streetpass games, there's a freakin' Wii U hat. I'm so using my spare Plaza Tickets on that.

terrisus

Now the question is, how will games like Sonic Rush & Contra 4 work, where the screens HAVE to be next to each other, but still require D-pad & buttons? Holding it vertically won't work.

Trace Memory will be fun.

(Folding the screens ~70% of the way in half to see the reflection of the upper screen on the lower screen)

daydream

Banned
Trace Memory will be fun.

(Folding the screens ~70% of the way in half to see the reflection of the upper screen on the lower screen)

What about Hotel Dusk then?

Slam Gamepad and TV together or saw TV in half and fold it, obviously.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, how will they handle that one puzzle from Phantom Hourglass? Ya know the one where
you had to freakin' CLOSE the DS in order to make a mark appear on your map?

terrisus

Oh right, how will they handle that one puzzle from Phantom Hourglass? Ya know the one where
you had to freakin' CLOSE the DS in order to make a mark appear on your map?

See, that's easy enough to just map to a button/button combination in-game :þ

maxcriden

Catching up as I let the Direct sink in. Very glad about Yoshi despite the delay and another Pikmin NA release situation. Mario Maker looks like a lot of fun. VC news is awesome. Hyped for BOXBOY!

Anything of note in the JP Direct?

DS as Wii U VC really makes so little sense to me.

SNES on 3DS? Yeah, that's sexy.

Genesis and TG16 on um, anything current? Delicious.

Cross buy VC? Should've been Day One stuff.

DS on 3DS? Not as VC, but just digital download like Wii on Wii U. Duh.

But DS on Wii U? I can't make figure out why.

DS as Wii U VC really makes so little sense to me.

SNES on 3DS? Yeah, that's sexy.

Genesis and TG16 on um, anything current? Delicious.

Cross buy VC? Should've been Day One stuff.

DS on 3DS? Not as VC, but just digital download like Wii on Wii U. Duh.

But DS on Wii U? I can't make figure out why.

Because two screens!

BooJoh

Looking through Miiverse for Yoshi's Island DS, it sounds like you can't get both screens on the TV on top of one another without the DS border without it rotating the D-pad/Left stick's axis for vertical Gamepad play.

They're also saying you can't swap screens in dual screen mode to put the bottom screen on the TV for games that put maps/etc on the top screen.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alright, just completed my very long and very extensive Natsume interview and I am waiting for the Mp3 to render but quite the fair bit of news to come out including the release date and price for A-Train, updates to the Kemco-Natsume relationship and a extensive discussion about the Virtual Console with new games confirmed for release.

terrisus

Frankly, I can't imagine myself buying many - if any at all - DS games on Wii U.

Mario 64 DS, and...
That may be about it.

terrisus

Alright, just completed my very long and very extensive Natsume interview and I am waiting for the Mp3 to render but quite the fair bit of news to come out including the release date and price for A-Train, updates to the Kemco-Natsume relationship and a extensive discussion about the Virtual Console with new games confirmed for release.

EMJtLB9.jpg

That's crazy that they're only now getting a launch game (and a really fun one!)

Does anyone have a list of all the announced Virtual Console stuff with dates? I was only half paying attention since I was at the office.

For US,
Yoshi's Island DS & Super Mario 64, now
WarioWare Touched and Yoshi's Touch & Go, April 9
Donkey Kong 64, April 16
Mario Kart DS, April 23
Paper Mario, April 30

I still haven't watched the EU direct so I don't know what they got

TheMoon

For US,
Yoshi's Island DS & Super Mario 64, now
WarioWare Touched and Yoshi's Touch & Go, April 9
Donkey Kong 64, April 16
Mario Kart DS, April 23
Paper Mario, April 30

I still haven't watched the EU direct so I don't know what they got

WarioWare Touched (out now)
Mario Kart DS (out now)
DK 64 (out now)
Super Mario 64 (out now)

Paper Mario (May)
Yoshi's Island DS (May)

BooJoh

Frankly, I can't imagine myself buying many - if any at all - DS games on Wii U.

Mario 64 DS, and...
That may be about it.

I'll probably be reserving it for games I never got around to getting on DS, but a lot of it is probably less likely to even hit VC. Stuff like Super Princess Peach, Lunar Knights, Tetris DS, both Zeldas, M&L:piT.

Anything I own on DS already I would rather just play on my 3DS.

Hopefully this means I can play Okamiden on a TV one day.

I know 3rd party is a tougher ask, but come on Capcom, you're a good supporter of VC!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Alright, so here is the compilation of Natsume Virtual Console news, they have been focusing mainly on GBA games, 8 games planned, 3 games revealed, Pocky and Rocky with Becky and the Metabot GBA games confirmed for release, all GBC games that are going to come out have come out and the first GBA release happens in early June.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Got a quarter for Friends of Mineral Town?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not confirmed but I will eat my hat if that isn't part of the line up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natsume_(company)#Game_Boy_Advance

Here is the GBA output, good luck figuring out the rest.

Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder (Dead License)
WWF Road to WrestleMania (Because of how the wwe contracts their employees old games will never come out)
Medarot Navi: Kabuto (Confirmed)
Power Rangers: Wild Force (Highly Unlikely Licensed Title)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wrath of the Darkhul King (See above)
Power Rangers Ninja Storm (See Above)
Power Rangers: Dino Thunder (See Above)
WWE Survivor Series (WWE)
Car Battler Joe (Highly Likely)
CIMA: The Enemy (Highly (Likely)
Pocky & Rocky with Becky (Confirmed, more or less)
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (It better be)
Gundam SEED: Battle Assault (Highly unlikely)
Medabots AX (Confirmed)
Keitai Denjū Telefang II (Wha?)
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (Might as well release this too)
Wizardry Summoner (Hope so)
WWE Road to WrestleMania X8 (WWE)

So glad I could finally upgrade my copy of Mario 64, playing it on the Gamepad is so nice, much better than having to use an OG classic controller (using the Wavebird w/Mario 64 on Wii was amazing).

Looking forward to DKC 64 because A) I never played it back in the day (was too obsessed with OoT and shmups) and B) it has a port of Donkey Kong Arcade! (no, not the NES game).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
AH yes, the news is hitting tomorrow in PR form but A-Train: City Simulator is coming out April 14 for North America at the price of 30 dollars and for the EU on April 16 for the price of 25 Euros and it will be a digital only release.

Medarot Navi: Kabuto (Confirmed)
Car Battler Joe (Highly Likely)
CIMA: The Enemy (Highly (Likely)
Pocky & Rocky with Becky (Confirmed, more or less)
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (It better be)
Medabots AX (Confirmed)
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (Might as well release this too)
Wizardry Summoner (Hope so)

So these are probably our 8 GBA VC games.

Top Bottom