• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2015

terrisus

No. I saw some speculation that it might have to do with EU laws about f2p stuff where characters cannot appear sad if you don't want to pay for something. That might be a possible hold-up.

Haha, really? That's an interesting law, but I guess I can see how some people might think the game is manipulating them into buying if they look sad. Still, weird reason to hold off on a game hitting a certain region.

That's kind of hilarious. Pretty smart law, actually.

Me, a year ago:

Although, I do feel bad taking advantage of Rusty when (so far in the story anyway) his wife has left him to raise 11 children on his own. So, you're basically stealing food off their plates.

>.>

TheMoon

Haha, really? That's an interesting law, but I guess I can see how some people might think the game is manipulating them into buying if they look sad. Still, weird reason to hold off on a game hitting a certain region.

I don't actually know if that law is real or not, btw.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I must say, I feel like the selection is MUCH better this year. For one, there's actual retail games compared to the...what, TWO last year (Game & Wario and DKCR 3D).

How big is DKC TF, by the way? Might have to delete MH3U off my Wii U since I never play it & might need to make room.

Camjo-Z

Well guys, I have some big news for you. As you may know, GulAtiCa is hard at work on his second Wii U game. What you may not know is that I am also involved with other aspects of the game, such as art and music. Now it's time for us to reveal what we've been hard at work on: Zacisa's Last Hand™.

8BDI3H0.jpg

In this thrilling sequel, Zacisa has decided to give up his days as a space ace and instead play Texas Hold'Em with his former enemies. However, he has bet everything he owns, and is now down to his Last Hand™. It's up to you to help him win back all his stuff. As a Zacisa game, we knew players would expect some tower defense elements, so we didn't put any in. Also, as far as I know this game will be the FIRST to support multiple Wii U GamePads. In order to accurately simulate poker, you must hold two GamePads in your hand at all times, each of which will have a card on it. Note that in multiplayer, you will require two additional GamePads for each person.

I hope you all look forward to playing it when it arrives exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on 6/31/15.

zroid

Banned
Well guys, I have some big news for you. As you may know, GulAtiCa is hard at work on his second Wii U game. What you may not know is that I am also involved with other aspects of the game, such as art and music. Now it's time for us to reveal what we've been hard at work on: Zacisa's Last Hand™.

In this thrilling sequel, Zacisa has decided to give up his days as a space ace and instead play Texas Hold'Em with his former enemies. However, he has bet everything he owns, and is now down to his Last Hand™. It's up to you to help him win back all his stuff. As a Zacisa game, we knew players would expect some tower defense elements, so we didn't put any in. Also, as far as I know this game will be the FIRST to support multiple Wii U GamePads. In order to accurately simulate poker, you must hold two GamePads in your hand at all times, each of which will have a card on it. Note that in multiplayer, you will require two additional GamePads for each person.

I hope you all look forward to playing it when it arrives exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on 6/31/15.

:lol

please be real

GulAtiCa

Totally real! Though Camjo-Z wasn't suppose to reveal it yet, was going to be a big announcement in the Nintendo Direct! Act surprised tonight. ;)

terrisus

Totally real! Though Camjo-Z wasn't suppose to reveal it yet, was going to be a big announcement in the Nintendo Direct! Act surprised tonight. ;)

Please be surprised ;)

Seriously though, it looks great. If that is real, I'll be there Day 1

It's called localization. Shit's expensive. Nevermind age ratings.

You're pushing this excuse again with no basis or evidence to back it up. UK and U.S. games are already obviously both in English, so what's to localize on the roms? Also do you have any evidence to provide us that would confirm making digital manuals within the existing VC infrastructure is somehow also a significant problem? As for getting ratings
and "expense," unless someone here such as Gualtica can clarify and contradict me (I'm all ears), here was another reply to you about this back in December after you brought this line up which you never responded to:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=143947900

Aren't ESRB ratings free for smaller, digital games such as VC games? And Nintendo are the applicants for every VC game rating on PEGI and OFLC so I guess Nintendo are paying for those.
So third party VC publishers don't have much to lose except maybe putting together a manual or something and let Nintendo do the work... I suppose.

TheMoon

You're pushing this excuse again with no basis or evidence to back it up. UK and U.S. games are already obviously both in English, so what's to localize on the roms? Also do you have any evidence to provide us that would prove year making digital manuals within the existing VC infrastructure is somehow also a significant problem? As for getting ratings
and "expense," unless someone here such as Gualtica can clarify and contradict me (I'm all ears), here was another reply to you about this back in December after you brought this line up which you never responded to:

Who's talking about VC? I'm certainly not. And dev realities are not "excuses." Please.

ESRB ratings for digital games costs nothing, yea. But we were talking about games coming to the EU where ratings are most certainly not free otherwise we wouldn't be sitting in this shithole of deadness. No clue why you're going on about VC games here. This conversations started with Gunvolt coming to PAL regions finally.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
You're pushing this excuse again with no basis or evidence to back it up. UK and U.S. games are already obviously both in English, so what's to localize on the roms? Also do you have any evidence to provide us that would prove year making digital manuals within the existing VC infrastructure is somehow also a significant problem? As for getting ratings

Nintendo only seem to pay for VC releases, the developers have to pay for themselves to get non-VC games rated. And that may be very expensive, hundreds if not thousands of dollars down the drain. Hopefully this awful state of affairs goes away when the new rating system is in place.
There are some other legitimate ways games get later releases, such as bugs and/or poor planning (Shovel Knight for example). Small digital titles are very rarely translated to other languages so I wouldn't count that.

zroid

Banned
Surprised to see that too, when it's gotten such praise elsewhere. I'm also a bit confused by it being called Game Boy-style. The aesthetic is minimalist but nothing about it has really screamed "GB throwback" to me.
Aside from the aesthetics his main complaint was how the level design isn't ambitious enough. Like they introduce a lot of ideas but don't really make you apply them in creative ways. I guess that's fair.

Still really excited to try it for myself ^^

Dee Dee

That one really cheered me up, thanks to you and Camjo-Z for this!

I will now go and shop snacks to set up a perfect cave of awesome where I can watch the direct, refresh the Gaf Hype Thread and consume lots of sugar all at the same time!
(In reality I will play Theathrythm FFCC like a hypnotised bunny completely forgetting about the time like every day for the last week.)

maxcriden

Aside from the aesthetics his main complaint was how the level design isn't ambitious enough. Like they introduce a lot of ideas but don't really make you apply them in creative ways. I guess that's fair.

Still really excited to try it for myself ^^

Seems like the other reviews felt otherwise, too. I'm hoping to love it. It seems right up my alley so I have pretty high hopes for it. :)

Who's talking about VC? I'm certainly not. And dev realities are not "excuses." Please.

ESRB ratings for digital games costs nothing, yea. But we were talking about games coming to the EU where ratings are most certainly not free otherwise we wouldn't be sitting in this shithole of deadness. No clue why you're going on about VC games here. This conversations started with Gunvolt coming to PAL regions finally.

Ah Ok, misread that, my bad.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well DAMN, they got DK64 on the Virtual Console. I bought a physical copy because I figured they'd have to reprogram the game to remove Jet Pac, which is owned by Microsoft now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, Box Boy tomorrow. Though I wanted to hear a price.

& yes for DS & N64 VC. Now I just hope we'll see some good games for it.

Also oh god, TWO MORE Mii Plaza games. More hats to get. More time to spend when I get street passes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also YEEESSSS, DLC Pack 2 for MK8 coming out April 23rd....with more Mii costumes...and freakin' 200cc mode.

These 3 weeks need to fly by fast...

DK64 manual, does it mention anything about DK Arcade or Jetpack. Otherwise long wait for someone to get far enough to unlock them...

DS communities have just appeared on Miiverse, so it's about to happen I guess.

Super Mario 64 is the 60Hz version.

Donkey Kong 64 is the 50Hz version.
Horray, does SM64 have rumble? (I know I'm being farfetched here because there was that Japanese version with rumble...)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Jet-Pac is the main reason I figured DK64 wouldn't get re-released due to the property being owned by Microsoft now since they own Rare.

I'm really interested in seeing how this was handled.

I didn't care much for DK64 back in the day, but I probably would have bought it if it had been 60Hz. At least the much superior game is the 60 Hz version. That's all that really matters right now.

Top Bottom