• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2016

Robin64

Apparently I can't read.

Nevertheless, like I said, you should head to the EU sites. They list all the supported controllers.

The problem is when a game is out on both Wii and Wii U, they just shove all the controllers together. Like Mario 64 listing Classic Controller, Wiimote, GameCube Controller, GamePad, and Pro Controller in one bunch.

TheMoon

The problem is when a game is out on both Wii and Wii U, they just shove all the controllers together. Like Mario 64 listing Classic Controller, Wiimote, GameCube Controller, GamePad, and Pro Controller in one bunch.

Still, the GCN controller is a thing anyone should figure out by now isn't supported by any game not called Smash on Wii U. Rest fits.

Robin64

Still, the GCN controller is a thing anyone should figure out by now isn't supported by any game not called Smash on Wii U. Rest fits.

We know that. It's not a good thing to list though. My dad would assume it would work on the Wii U, for example. Just an extra little bit of tidying on the pages would be perfect.

Richie

Curious that all of a sudden they put Xenoblade under "Wii Retail on Wii U", when they've had no qualms calling those games Wii VC in past PRs.

MacTag

Banned
We know that. It's not a good thing to list though. My dad would assume it would work on the Wii U, for example. Just an extra little bit of tidying on the pages would be perfect.
Or better they could just add GC controller support for all Wii U VC and apply it universally for Wii mode games with GC support. And then add universal Gamepad support for Wii mode Classic Controller games.

Personally I think Gamepad support should also be added for sideways Wii remote Wii games. DKCR or Kirby RTDL or NSMB Wii should all be playable on the Gamepad as it can fully accomodate their controls as is.

TheMoon

Or better they could just add GC controller support for all Wii U VC and apply it universally for Wii mode games with GC support. And then add universal Gamepad support for Wii mode Classic Controller games.

Personally I think Gamepad support should also be added for sideways Wii remote Wii games. DKCR or Kirby RTDL or NSMB Wii should all be playable on the Gamepad as it can fully accomodate their controls as is.

Too much work for too little benefit on their part. Of course in a fairy tale world all of this would happen because that'd be great.

maxcriden

Theres no difference between the 3DS and Wii U versions of the amiibo game right?

Just one: one is only available on the Nintendo Wii U system, and the other is only available on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Please be careful to purchase the correct product.

Pokemaniac

Curious that all of a sudden they put Xenoblade under "Wii Retail on Wii U", when they've had no qualms calling those games Wii VC in past PRs.

Maybe NoA finally realized they were wrong.

Patching all VC games is one of those things that sounds easy, but would probably end up being a logistical nightmare if it didn't happen in waves. Also, getting the GC adapter to work in Wii mode is easier said than done.

zroid

Banned
Just one: one is only available on the Nintendo Wii U system, and the other is only available on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Please be careful to purchase the correct product.
I guess I should give up on waiting for the PS4 port then. Oh well.

Pokemaniac

So, Xenoblade: Worth Playing? If so then Wii U or 3DS?
(I don't own a New 3DS)
Thanks.

Definitely worth playing. I'd personally recommend the Wii version. The only advantage the New 3DS version has is a somewhat more stable framerate in a few segments.

tolkir

Week 17 finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• The Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle (Affordable Space Adventures, Freedom Planet and more) (Until 05/10)
  • Journey of a Special Average Balloon and Outside of the Realm from Eli Brewer are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
  • The Letter is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
  • Jones on Fire and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
  • Explody Bomb and Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility from Alkterios Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 19.
  • SDK Paint is 25 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 11.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• SteamWorld Heist (Image & Form)
    The Outsider ($4.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• The Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle (Retro City Rampage: DX, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and more) (Until 05/10)
  • Swords & Soldiers 3D, Tappingo and more games from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
  • Gardenscapes and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, Etrian Mystery Dungeon and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 9.
  • Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $8 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 25.

vYU92.png

Wii U | Sales

• The Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle (Affordable Space Adventures, Freedom Planet and more) (Until 05/10)
  • Secret Files Tunguska - €6.49 (Ends May 5, normally €9.99)
  • Teslagrad (Rain Games) - €10.00/£9.50 (Ends May 18, normally €14.99/£13.99)
  • Epic Dumpster Bear (Log Games) - €6.49/£4.99 (Permanent, was €9.49/£7.49)

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• SteamWorld Heist (Image & Form)
    The Outsider (€4.99 | £4.49)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• The Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle (Retro City Rampage: DX, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and more) (Until 05/10)
  • World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends May 5, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • Swords & Soldiers 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends May 5, normally €6.99/£5.59)
  • Tappingo 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.99/£0.79 (Ends May 5, normally €2.99/£2.39)
  • The Legend of Dark Witch - Chronicle 2D Act (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.99/£0.79 (Ends May 5, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • Adventure Bar Story (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.49/£1.99 (Ends May 5, normally €4.99/£3.99)
  • Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.99/£0.79 (Ends May 5, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • Fairune (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.99/£0.79 (Ends May 5, normally €2.99/£2.39)
  • Demon King Box (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.99/£0.79 (Ends May 5, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • KAMI (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.99/£0.79 (Ends May 5, normally €2.99/£2.39)
  • Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent.) - €0.99/£0.79 (Ends May 5, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • Mercenaries Saga 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.49/£1.99 (Ends May 5, normally €4.99/£3.99)
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends May 5, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (ATLUS) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends May 12, normally €29.99/£24.99)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Is there going to be an OT for the Amiibo challenge game? It looks pretty good and "free" (everyone owns Amiibos at this point...)

Simbabbad

Is there going to be an OT for the Amiibo challenge game? It looks pretty good and "free" (everyone owns Amiibos at this point...)
It's neat but over pretty fast (then again, I have no compatible amiibo, I only accessed the standard levels). I'm a fan of the series, that one's good quality as usual and I like some of the changes, I loved what I saw in videos. I hope the character abilities and different characters are the next direction for the series, and we'll see that developed in the next games.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Not sure it's worth it, honestly?

I haven't played it! It may not be. But I mean this is better than the crappy Amiibo Tap thing they had earlier.

I have all the Amiibo, minus one - so I think it may be a nice little package for "Free".

TheMoon

I haven't played it! It may not be. But I mean this is better than the crappy Amiibo Tap thing they had earlier.

I have all the Amiibo, minus one - so I think it may be a nice little package for "Free".

I wasn't commenting on the game quality, it's just basically Tipping Stars Remix and I don't think there'd be much discussion happening.

Hellraider

Bought adventure bar story, legend of dark witch, mercenaries saga 2 and swords and soldiers HD.
Anything else that is on sale I should check out?

TheMoon

Question mark? Well is it good or not :D

Currently debating a purchase myself. Got Dark Witch 1 and Demon Kong Box so far (Adventure Bar Story not out in Germany so no sale and Castle Conquerer EX only just released here today so also no sale :&)

Umibozu

It's like Hydlide (or classic ys) where you walk into enemies to damage them, gain experience and level up. Zelda 1 style world exploration with areas broken into segments. It's fun, not too long, would recommend it to people looking for a classic style game with minimal story.

TheMoon

It's like Hydlide (or classic ys) where you walk into enemies to damage them, gain experience and level up. Zelda 1 style world exploration with areas broken into segments. It's fun, not too long, would recommend it to people looking for a classic style game with minimal story.

So basically Witch & Hero with more than a one-screen map and puzzles :)

TheMoon

Dunno, works flawlessly on the EU sites.

Since my IP isn't from NA, the download button doesn't even show up for me on NOA's sites.

GWX

Holy shit, Canadians (and fake Canadians, like me :3) are really screwed in Nintendo's hand. For example, every Wii game costs 28.19 Canadian dollars (except Mario Super Sluggers for some reason, wat). Fuck off Nintendo. $20 converts to 25 CAD right now FFS.

donny2112

As a sales update, the Top 20 All-Time for 3DS Download had its first change in weeks. No new entries, but AA5 finally moved from #20 to #19 pushing Pokedex 3D Pro down a spot. Guess some people are finally getting around to buying 5 with 6 getting more coverage lately.

Chopper

I can't seem to be able to buy Super Punch Out remotely for my 3DS, because I already own it for Wii U. How annoying.

zroid

Banned
Just when I was feeling confident in my PCJ skills, the last two races before the demo ended rocked me. :lol

MacTag

Banned
Too much work for too little benefit on their part. Of course in a fairy tale world all of this would happen because that'd be great.
I want to live in that world. :(

I just hope Nintendo gets it right for NXVC. I want cloud saves, button config, the ability to disable filtering, 1:1 pixel modes, multiple save states, tons of controller options and so on across the board. plsninty

Patching all VC games is one of those things that sounds easy, but would probably end up being a logistical nightmare if it didn't happen in waves. Also, getting the GC adapter to work in Wii mode is easier said than done.
Yes, if anything I think we've learned VC patching is generally off the table. I would still like across the board Wii mode CC to GP mapping though. That shouldn't be a difficult universal update and it's already in place for specific releases. Would be great for WiiWare especially since that's not getting any Wii U eShop rereleases like disc games or VC upgrades.

Fewr

Definitely worth playing. I'd personally recommend the Wii version. The only advantage the New 3DS version has is a somewhat more stable framerate in a few segments.
Thanks.

Gotta be kidding me with the first question, right? Actually both questions since you only own one platform that can play it :)

Haha, I was considering buying a New 3DS anyway.
I'll get it for Wii to give it a go, I always wondered if it's good.

zroid

Banned
Soooo you actually have to have the amiibo on hand to play Mini Mario & Friends??

man that's a bummer... I was hoping to scan them all in this morning and play the game later to kill time this afternoon while I'm out :<

Simbabbad

Then again, the game is over so fast it's nearly a demo for Tipping Stars/the next full Mini Mario game, having to use the amiibo therefore isn't really a nuisance. I can't wait for the full game using those great concepts.

Top Bottom