• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - August 2009 (VC / WiiWare / DSiWare)

Capndrake said:
20 more Namco arcade games announced for Japan (No dates):

Baraduke
Baraduke 2: Bakutotso Kijutei
Bosconian
Bravoman
Dig Dug
Dig Dug II
Face Off
Galaga
Galaxian
Grobda
Libble Rabble
Marchen Maze
New Rally X
Ordyne
Quester
Rolling Thunder 2
Rompers
Tank Force
Toy Pop
Valkyrie no Densetsu
800 points each!

beje

Banned
I downloaded Bit.Trip Core this morning and it really got on my nerves. First stage is even more insane than first one of Bit.Trip Beat

It's going to take a loooong time practising.

beje said:
I downloaded Bit.Trip Core this morning and it really got on my nerves. First stage is even more insane than first one of Bit.Trip Beat

especially when you screw up one of them you screw up the other 3 as well and then you are in black and white mode :lol

But it's great fun ;)

zigg

dallow_bg said:
So much DSiWare in Japan, there's gotta be problems with users having filled up their memory.

I have all the "good" games in NA alone and have 33 blocks left.

I did have to clear some out recently. But I had a little extra crap left over from my prerelease coverage—I bought the whole first wave for review purposes.

I'm eager to hear from any Europeans on how good Pop+ is. My chief objection to the WiiWare Pop was that I plateaued in skill way too quickly, filling the board with essentially the same score after my first few tries. If Pop+ is more balanced, it's as good as bought.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
pop-up pursuit is a vicious, vicious board game.

Koodo

Banned
Do we know if there's going to be another Art Style game coming to WiiWare? I want more, and I don't have a DSi yet... :(

blu

DavidDayton said:
It looks sort of like Mario Party without any minigames. Am I horribly wrong?
i'm afraid i can't answer that as i've never played a mario party game.

what i can say, though, is that pop-up persuit is a classical board game. up to 4 players can take part, the remaining slots (to 4) are filled up by the computer.

there are different levels (you also unlock new ones as you play) and each level has three configurations defining the 'hostility' of the board's random setup - mild, normal and unfriendly.

when i said vicious, i meant the overall principles of the game - on one hand, strategically it enourages you to be very aggressive. on the other, the various 'wildcards' in the game often punish aggressivness. so at the end you have to be 'calculatedly aggressive'. which the computer often manages better.

overall, it's a fun little board game. i got it originally for some family fun, but when i sat to test it on my own i had my ass wooped twice in a roll - the first time as a total beginner, and the second time just because i miscalculated my last move *grrr*.

OnPoint

beje said:

Going through the final stage of Bit.Trip Beat right now, and I'm kind of unsure as to whether or not I'm up to getting into Core right away. Maybe eventually.

blu

has this been mentioned: opera update is up in NA.

blu

sfog said:
I'm not sure about the Wii one, but the DSi browser update has been out since the 1.4 firmware update.
ah, ok. my bad.

NimbusD

nincompoop said:
First trailer for Wiiware version of And Yet it Moves

These devs are smoking some serious shit :lol

Ahh, damn, few days late. I came here to post that. I just got this game on PC and it's awesome. Wiiware has been my gateway drug to the awesomeness that is small indie 2d games on PC. I've already played Knytt and Knytt stories a long time ago but never really persued it further. I'm loving it.

Anyway, looks like this game could be pretty damn cool with the Wiimote. It would be better if they didn't limit the gravity changes to 90% it seems like that would make it less fluid with the waggle. Looking forward to it.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Capndrake said:
20 more Namco arcade games announced for Japan (No dates):

Baraduke
Baraduke 2: Bakutotso Kijutei
Bosconian
Bravoman
Dig Dug
Dig Dug II
Face Off
Galaga
Galaxian
Grobda
Libble Rabble
Marchen Maze
New Rally X
Ordyne
Quester
Rolling Thunder 2
Rompers
Tank Force
Toy Pop
Valkyrie no Densetsu
I hope that all of Namco's arcade games make it over to the American VC. Some of 'em, like Galaga, are locks, but I want all of 'em.

And I still hope that WBIE puts the Midway back catalog up on VC Arcade, too.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
twinturbo2 said:
I hope that all of Namco's arcade games make it over to the American VC. Some of 'em, like Galaga, are locks, but I want all of 'em.

And I still hope that WBIE puts the Midway back catalog up on VC Arcade, too.

The fact that Infogrames hasn't made the Atari back catalog available on the VC still boggles my mind. Then again...

1) Most of the good Atari-made 2600/5200/7800 games were arcade ports. The list of GOOD original Atari produced 2600 games is, well, somewhat low.

2) The Atari -arcade- rights, even to the pre-split games, still seems a bit murky. In theory Infogrames SHOULD have the ability to release (at least) the early Atari arcade stuff on something like the VCA, although there is a point at which the Midway holdings take over "Atari" arcade games, and it SEEMS like there is a duplication of some rights at some point.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ok, so I have a DSi and have checked out the DSi-Ware store some and gotten a few small items but nothing really that great, what do you all recommend?

HUELEN10

6 hours till we know for sure guys!

Knowing my luck, and the fact that I got a fucking SNES today, I have a feeling that we will see SMK on the VC in the morning. If it actually does happen, it's gonna suck as I might be getting a physical copy of the game...

Odds of Cave Story being released tomorrow without advance confirmation from Nicalis: extremely low. I predict a ban for what's-his-name who promised the game would release in August (he did stake his account on it, right)?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
HUELEN10 said:

I guess Nintendo of America can be silly when it come to some games. -.-

Like few import games that I don't mind to try but they wouldn't import the games to here, because of Nintendo of America's opinions.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I got my press release relatively early today.

Aug. 24, 2009

Nintendo Download

Jedi Battles, Marvelous Bubbles and Frantic Underground Action

Faraway galaxies and otherworldly fun are within easy reach, thanks to the latest downloadable game offerings from Nintendo. If the recent Virtual Console™ debut of Super Star Wars™ had you cheering, you’ll be doubly pleased to see its action-packed sequel in this week’s lineup. Speaking of sequels, you’ll also find a new WiiWare™ title that puts a fresh spin on an “underground” favorite. Meanwhile, Nintendo DSiWare™ fans will discover a puzzle game that truly pops.

Virtual Console

Super Empire Strikes Back™
Original platform: Super NES™
Publisher: LucasArts
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Pursued across the galaxy, Rebel forces now marshal new strength on the remote ice world of Hoth. Though tracked by probe droids, attacked by ice monsters and confronted by an army of gigantic Imperial Walkers, you must not give in. You are the Alliance’s only hope. Learn the ways of the Force, then test your skills in this fast-paced, action-packed sequel to the hit game Super Star Wars.

WiiWare

Mr. DRILLER® W
Publisher: NBGI
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
Price: 800 Wii Points™
Description: Mr. Driller W is the newly updated version of the exciting game that challenges players with level upon level of frantic underground drilling action. Experience more than 20 varied stages and missions. Drill through a seemingly endless onslaught of colored blocks while avoiding falling obstacles and strategically managing your air supply. Multiple degrees of difficulty now challenge everyone from novices to hardcore Mr. Driller veterans. A tutorial will even help first-time players learn the rules quickly and easily. Vibrant graphics, engaging game play and loads of characters make this a modern twist on a gaming masterpiece.

Nintendo DSiWare

Pop+ Solo™
Publisher: Nnooo
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Pop bubbles, build chains and try to keep the timer alive in this awesome puzzle/shooter. Pop your way through 16 waves of bubbles in Adventure, Normal or Advanced modes. Race against the clock in a one-, two- or five-minute run. Try the new Bonus Round mode, where each bonus round can be played in three, five or 10 rounds of increasing difficulty. Or just chill out in the relaxing Chill mode with no score or time pressures to worry about. Pop+ Solo comes to the Nintendo DSi™ system with eight modes and five bonus rounds, plus plenty of new badges to collect. Adventure mode introduces some new elements to the game with mines, golden fish, jets of water and four boss battles. The new Challenge mode lets you create and customize your own challenges to play again and again.
Of course a new Mr. Driller game comes out while my Wii's off getting repaired.

Captain N

Whimsical Phil said:

Of course a new Mr. Driller game comes out while my Wii's off getting repaired.

Just be happy it wasn't something like Taiko no Tatsujin coming out on the Wii (in America).

HUELEN10

Whimsical Phil said:
So Nintendo doesn't make press.nintendo.com publicly updated anymore? That kinda sucks...

Another no-buy week for me, and apparently the bell has tolled for a guy who guaranteed Cave Story or something?

I will buy all 3 Star Wars games when all of them come out though. :D

Captain N

HUELEN10 said:
So Nintendo doesn't make press.nintendo.com publicly updated anymore? That kinda sucks...

Another no-buy week for me, and apparently the bell has tolled for a guy who guaranteed Cave Story or something?

Well next Monday is the 31st, but I believe it will be coming out the week after.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Captain N said:
Just be happy it wasn't something like Taiko no Tatsujin coming out on the Wii (in America).
I dunno, man. Mr. Driller is just as desirable to me.

HUELEN10 said:
Strangely enough, the press release isn't even up on the press site yet. I normally don't get the e-mails from Nintendo until right around the time when the games go up on the Wii Shop.

Strange that the Nintendo Download update should get sent out early but oh well, I'm not complaining!

Even stranger that we only get one Wii Ware game as well, maybe NOA have caught up on most of the backlog?

We know what next week is gonna be for VC (Return of the Jedi) so that just leaves WW and DSi Ware. My guess would be Contra Rebirth since Europe is supposed to get it this month along with Planet Puzzle League Express.

Captain N

Whimsical Phil said:
I dunno, man. Mr. Driller is just as desirable to me.

Strangely enough, the press release isn't even up on the press site yet. I normally don't get the e-mails from Nintendo until right around the time when the games go up on the Wii Shop.

The good news is you've still got few hours to go out and get a new Wii for Mr. Driller. They should have given us Mr. Driller on the DSiWare today too. We can't get everything at once i guess.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
HUELEN10 said:

You know, I'm rather expecting the three Star Wars arcade games to appear on VCA in the near future. The earlier press release vaguely referred to "more Star Wars" VC stuff, and Lucasarts already has a working emulator for SW/ESB/RotJ on the GameCube.

upandaway

Wait, what is this Driller thing? Is that the GBA game thing?

Isn't that like really really awesome? Why did I not hear about this?

DarkWish

Aww, I was hoping to download something with the DSi Points I bought a few days ago, but nothing of interest this week. I'm not interested in Pop+ Solo, mainly because my roommate enjoyed Pop for WiiWare and I tend to not enjoy things he does most of the time. Looks too boring for me.

HUELEN10

DavidDayton said:
You know, I'm rather expecting the three Star Wars arcade games to appear on VCA in the near future. The earlier press release vaguely referred to "more Star Wars" VC stuff, and Lucasarts already has a working emulator for SW/ESB/RotJ on the GameCube.
If that "more star wars vc stuff" is indeed true, then this better come out!

It NEVER gets old. :lol

Top Bottom