• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2011

watershed

Banned
Soooo the folks who run the eShop were just being dicks by taunting us with the zelda flipnote winners? Well joy.

Yeah its a real bummer. I loved flipnote on my dsi. When Nintendo kept flipnote off the 3ds I thought it might be a sign that flipnote 3d would be coming soon, but 9 months later, not so much.

Truth101

Banned
Maybe Swapnote is supposed to be the new Flipnote?

We already know they are working on a new one for the 3DS.

As he answered the French journalists' questions, Miyamoto spoke about Flipnote Memo, which is still a drawing/ animation app, this time for the 3DS.

He said that he was working on it, and that it will be available for free (I guess very soon and through eShop, maybe with the May update...). Also, you should be able to exchange your creations with your friends, but Nintendo is having a hard time because of the possibility that some create "adult" animations and children see it.

Source : http://www.nintendo-difference.com/news22576-miyamoto-annonce-flipnote-memo.htm

Wasn't Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon a DSiWare game that was unavailable for transfer/purchase on the 3DS?

I ask as it appears to be on the 3DS eShop now, and I wasn't sure if folks were already aware of that.

that would be the best VG news for me since a decade.
pls be true

@MUWANdo

Banned
All the reports said it wouldn't be available but it always has been for me, I could transfer from my DSi from day one.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
are you in NA?
it's not in the shop nor available for transfer in EU atm. I just checked :(
fucking hell, Nintendo. why? WHY??

Yep, North America. I had it listed as one of the titles that couldn't be transferred back at the eShop launch -- I was just trying to check and see whether that was an error on my part or if the title had transferred status at some point.

All the reports said it wouldn't be available but it always has been for me, I could transfer from my DSi from day one.
Ah. Weird. I remember searching for it and not seeing it on the eShop ... I could be wrong, of course.

Edit: This thread on the NintendoLife forums makes it sound as though the title wasn't available until this past week -- or that no one noticed. The game only has a single review at the moment, too...

mdtauk

Yep, North America. I had it listed as one of the titles that couldn't be transferred back at the eShop launch -- I was just trying to check and see whether that was an error on my part or if the title had transferred status at some point.

Ah. Weird. I remember searching for it and not seeing it on the eShop ... I could be wrong, of course.

Edit: This thread on the NintendoLife forums makes it sound as though the title wasn't available until this past week -- or that no one noticed. The game only has a single review at the moment, too...

Yeah, it wasn't available to transfer or purchase in EU or the US. There was a brief period in which you could do so though (just in the first week or so after launch), which is why I currently have it on my 3DS right now :D But they closed that hole pretty quickly.

Would be fantastic news (and thread worthy!) if they've finally fixed that!

I can confirm that Pinball Pulse still isn't available on the EU eShop. Please tell me that it's available on the US one! This game (and Brian Blessed's glorious voice!) needs to be played and heard by everyone!

Kinda OT but I need some advice/help, thinking of buying a 3DS here in the UK with Mario Kart but I'm going to be living in China for six months in two weeks time. Will I still be able play online and access the UK eShop and download stuff from a Chinese IP?

Kinda OT but I need some advice/help, thinking of buying a 3DS here in the UK with Mario Kart but I'm going to be living in China for six months in two weeks time. Will I still be able play online and access the UK eShop and download stuff from a Chinese IP?
Unless the great firewall of China gets in your way...

Yes to both counts with the exception of video. Videos are geolocked due to copyrighted 3rd party content and silly legal matters.

zigg

I can confirm that Pinball Pulse still isn't available on the EU eShop. Please tell me that it's available on the US one! This game (and Brian Blessed's glorious voice!) needs to be played and heard by everyone!

IT IS

AND I AM TRANSFERRING IT FROM MY DSI TO MY 3DS NOW

:D :D :D :D :D

GeekyDad

Question: I sent my wife a message via Swapnote, then erased the msg, she replied to the msg, and now I keep getting notifications that I have a reply but I can't retrieve it because the original msg was deleted. Any way to stop getting notified in the system menu?

Roto13

Question: I sent my wife a message via Swapnote, then erased the msg, she replied to the msg, and now I keep getting notifications that I have a reply but I can't retrieve it because the original msg was deleted. Any way to stop getting notified in the system menu?

The notification should only pop up once.

Thanks for the heads up on Pinball Pulse! Just picked it up, and it is quite awesome. Zen Pinball can fuck off with its DLC bullshit.

M3d10n

If you mean getting the blue LED to blink, yes. There are two ways:

1) Click the "disable notifications for this software" in the notifications themselves (scroll to the bottom).
2) Go into the Swap Note settings and disable "home menu notifications".

The Swap Note icon will show the blue dot when you have messages, but it won't spam your notifications inbox anymore.

GeekyDad

If you mean getting the blue LED to blink, yes. There are two ways:

1) Click the "disable notifications for this software" in the notifications themselves (scroll to the bottom).
2) Go into the Swap Note settings and disable "home menu notifications".

The Swap Note icon will show the blue dot when you have messages, but it won't spam your notifications inbox anymore.

Thanks, that'll work. Still weird that it informs me each time I open Swapnote that a reply to a deleted msg was sent but was unable to be received.

Can anyone recommend Commando: Steel disaster?

I do remember passing when it came out on the DS. From vids I seen it looks crazy hard!

GeekyDad

Can anyone recommend Commando: Steel disaster?

I do remember passing when it came out on the DS. From vids I seen it looks crazy hard!

It is crazy hard. I played it for review when it released for retail, and it was brutal. That being said, I still enjoyed it. If you dig Metal Slug with an insane level of difficulty, you might consider it. But you've been warned.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Same. It didn't actually install (presumably because the one I have on my DSi is pre-patch).
But I was able to search for it on the US store and redownload. Before the transfer, it was asking for $4.99 for it.

It was nice to see the Pikmin at it again. :)

jgkspsx

Screw transferring. It looks too good on the DSi to remove it.

But I will be rebuying it! I hope this means that Fuse/Silverball are back on something like solid footing...

Pinball Pulse is actually one of those games that loses very little in the upscaling process. It looks almost identical on DSi and 3DS (upscaled)

Of course, I've been enjoying playing it on my 3DS for the last 9 months, so nyeh ;)

Screw transferring. It looks too good on the DSi to remove it.

But I will be rebuying it! I hope this means that Fuse/Silverball are back on something like solid footing...

Yeah, here's hoping!

Roto13

DCtA4.gif

Want now.

jgkspsx

Pinball Pulse is actually one of those games that loses very little in the upscaling process. It looks almost identical on DSi and 3DS (upscaled)
I can't disagree more. It looks a million times better at original res. It's usable upscaled, but not nearly as pretty. If you want to see irrefutable proof, look at the video mode - it's eye-gougingly awful.

The lower screen is super sensitive in original res. I brushed it and tilted what had been a pretty awesome daily game :(

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I meant the game was still awesome to play.

I am a little afraid of playing it in 1:1 because it changes the touch surface. Your nudges would get stronger.
I know zigg. I'm referring purely to the way it looks on the screen.
Regarding playing in 1:1, yeah, I can see how there'd be issues there too.

Oh well, it'll stay on my DSi.

EDIT: oh, the confusion might be that i was just using your post about the visuals to counter what Muffin said

Well fuck me in the goat ass, I accidentally rated Pinball Pulse 4 stars instead of 5 on the eshop because I thought I was rating F-Zero instead. Why doesn't Nintendo let you delete your ratings individually so you can re-rate one game if you mess up?

I've been interested in Trip World since watching a fairly popular Let's Play of Mr. Gimmick. I'd probably pick it up for that reason alone.

qq more

Pretty sure it's Trip World, which is coming to the PAL 3DS VC this week. I wouldn't bother with it personally - it's very short and very easy, moreso than even Dream Land.

Is it at least fun? I won't mind getting it if it is. Although I live in America so I have no idea if it's coming here or not (unless it's already out).

2012 now. Where are the demos I was promised Reggie!

Did they actually promised demos in NoA? My memory is a bit shitty atm

Truth101

Banned
Is it at least fun? I won't mind getting it if it is. Although I live in America so I have no idea if it's coming here or not (unless it's already out).

Did they actually promised demos in NoA? My memory is a bit shitty atm

I swear Reggie said at E3 that demos were coming later in the year.

Maybe not though...

Top Bottom