• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2012

zigg

Can you copy contents of the SD card to a PC without losing save data?
You can copy SD contents to a PC and then to another (presumably larger) SD without losing anything, but you can't combine contents from two cards. So if you did back up, reformat, and reuse your first card, you'd effectively end up in a situation where you effectively had two un-combinable SD's worth of data—one real, one virtual.

also

Banned
Ninja Gaiden rocks!
Great controls (unlike Super Mario Bros. 1), super quick pacing and awesome music. The cutscenes, save for a few weird looking scenes, e.g., Ryu looking over his back, looked great and the story was surprisingly interesting. I love how even though you can die so easily, the enemies perish even quicker, so you can speed through the stages if you know what you are doing.
After struggling so much with the
second final
boss I finally managed to beat the game. I thought about using save states to get the attack patterns down but in the end decided against it and beat the game completely without ''cheating''. Thank god 6-3 isn't nearly as hard as 6-2, so I could play through it with one life and stock up on ''spiritual points''. When I reached the boss I simply spammed the item attack. Kind of cheap but those who played NG know that the endgame isn't really fair. I must say that the
true final
boss was kind of disappointingly easy (beat it on my second try after I lucked out and picked up the right item).
the 1st and 2nd final
bosses gave me so much more trouble.
I checked and JAP still doesn't have the sequels up on the eShop, which makes me worry we will have to wait a long time before they come out in the West. I have a Wii but want portability.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Code of Princess just received a USK rating. This means it's coming to Europe ( FINALLY!!!). I'm putting this here because the publisher listed is Agatsuma Entertainment. Given they were searching for an European publisher, and given I...don't think they'd have searched for it if they had an European presence, this seems like it'll be an only DD game in Europe.

Considering the language listed is "English", this seems like Agatsuma will publish the eShop version of the game as localised by Atlus.

BowieZ

Banned
You can copy SD contents to a PC and then to another (presumably larger) SD without losing anything, but you can't combine contents from two cards. So if you did back up, reformat, and reuse your first card, you'd effectively end up in a situation where you effectively had two un-combinable SD's worth of data—one real, one virtual.

Yeah, I've deleted Miracle Mask and saved the data, but I haven't attempted to screw around with recombining it with the rest of my data (I know this is technically possible). I'd rather not take the risk.

Banjoman

Code of Princess just received a USK rating. This means it's coming to Europe ( FINALLY!!!). I'm putting this here because the publisher listed is Agatsuma Entertainment. Given they were searching for an European publisher, and given I...don't think they'd have searched for it if they had an European presence, this seems like it'll be an only DD game in Europe.

Considering the language listed is "English", this seems like Agatsuma will publish the eShop version of the game as localised by Atlus.
well, it's better than nothing. at least I hope in a reduced price and not a 40 euros, no japanese dub, eshop game.

BriBri

AMAZING news!

rjc571

Banned
https://twitter.com/NintenDaan

Other two games rated ( Witch's Cat and Family Kart 3D)

Witch's Cat = Rabi Laby Gaiden???

J7uqo.gif

Now we just need Rabi Laby 3D and that Metroidvania-looking thing made by the same developers, and we're all good!

liger05

woop woop

Phoenixus

Is it just me or is there something off about the Wii U Pro Controller? Like the buttons are too close together or something?

I just got a white one and have been trying it out on Mighty Switch Force HD and it takes some getting use too, feels odd compared to the regular Wii U pad/old Wii Classic Pro/360 controller. Anyone else got one?

It felt strange to me at first too, but after a while it just seems to melt into your hands, it has become my favourite traditional controller by far (never was that keen on the 360 one). I curse Nintendo for not allowing it to be used with Wii/Virtual Console stuff. :(

also

Banned
You shut your whore mouth
Mario's momentum is really weird and sometimes he will greatly accelerate for no reason, not to mention how he stops completely if he comes into contact with a brick midair.
Now I'm really hesitant about downloading The Lost Levels since Mario's physics are, supposedly, the same and the level design looks like a sadistic room hack. I hope SMB3's Mario handles better.

tolkir

25-30 € Max and day one.

qq more

Mario's momentum is really weird and sometimes he will greatly accelerate for no reason, not to mention how he stops completely if he comes into contact with a brick midair.
Now I'm really hesitant about downloading The Lost Levels since Mario's physics are, supposedly, the same and the level design looks like a sadistic room hack. I hope SMB3's Mario handles better.

SMB1 definitely controls weird, it's something to get used to. I think SMB3's controls are much better though.

Sleepy

Okay, running into a problem transferring data from SD card to SD card. I am not supposed to merge 3DS files, right? I already have a 3DS file on my computer and it won't let me transfer another without merging. So do I delete any files from the SD card?

backlot

Okay, running into a problem transferring data from SD card to SD card. I am not supposed to merge 3DS files, right? I already have a 3DS file on my computer and it won't let me transfer another without merging. So do I delete any files from the SD card?

Can't you just rename the folder on your computer?

backlot

I thought you cannot rename the 3DS file, according to the manual.

It should be fine if you just change the name back when you put the folder back on the memory card. Alternatively you could copy the second 3DS folder to a different directory on your computer. Try making a temporary new folder on your desktop and putting the files from one of the SD cards in there for example.

Sleepy

It should be fine if you just change the name back when you put the folder back on the memory card. Alternatively you could copy the second 3DS folder to a different directory on your computer. Try making a temporary new folder on your desktop and putting the files from one of the SD cards in there for example.

Yup. I am an idiot. Thanks for the help!

Was doing some holiday cleanup around the house. Found my son's DSLite and DSi, which he no longer uses. The DSi has 1500 points in shop credit - I bought him a 2000 point card years ago, and there is a Dragon Quest (mini?) game on it which ate up 500 points.

I don't really know the system at all (I just got myself a 3DSXL)... any recommended games I should buy with the 1500 points? There was no virtual console with the DSi was there? I believe it started with the 3DS. Navigating the shop on the DSi is slow and tedious, so post your favourites so I can use up the balance.

Was doing some holiday cleanup around the house. Found my son's DSLite and DSi, which he no longer uses. The DSi has 1500 points in shop credit - I bought him a 2000 point card years ago, and there is a Dragon Quest (mini?) game on it which ate up 500 points.

I don't really know the system at all (I just got myself a 3DSXL)... any recommended games I should buy with the 1500 points? There was no virtual console with the DSi was there? I believe it started with the 3DS. Navigating the shop on the DSi is slow and tedious, so post your favourites so I can use up the balance.

AuraAura Climber
Portable Shrine Wars
10 Second Run
Trajectile
Starship Defense
Pop Island
Go Go Kokopolo!

Boney

Banned

Pictobits and Bird&Beans are one of my favourite games on it.

M3d10n

Do you have more information on this?
The saves are stored in .sav files. It should be possible to backup only the saves and copy them back after redownloading the games, but I don't know anyone who tried this. Also, each game is stored in a folder using a cryptic name and it's not that easy to identify them.

Drago

I'll also recommend Pictobits, Aura Aura Climber, 10 Second Run, Bird&Beans, and also Spotto!

All of these are only 1300 points as well, so it fits your budget

vdlow

Swords and Soldiers (that awesome WiiWare game) coming to 3DS eShop:

- adaptation of the WiiWare game
- handled by Circle Entertainment

“We reached out to Ronimo a few months ago. They’re very nice and they’re happy to do a 3DS version of Swords & Soldiers. Circle always wants to take on new projects in different genres, so Swords & Soldiers 3D can be a first step [to making more 3DS titles]

We’re still discussing with Ronimo the possibility of offering free DLC and a demo [for Swords & Soldiers 3D] to players. I believe people will be able to see this title in a few months—perhaps next Spring.” - Circle Entertainment CEO, Chris Chau

From that website that Went Nintendo.

Amazing game, good chance to who never played it or wants to replay it.

Am I an idiot and completely missing it, or is there no way to remap buttons for the 3DS virtual console games? I don't like the default mapping for Lost Levels... it just feels wrong. :(

also

Banned
Am I an idiot and completely missing it, or is there no way to remap buttons for the 3DS virtual console games? I don't like the default mapping for Lost Levels... it just feels wrong. :(
Sadly, there's no remapping for NES games. You can use X instead of B, though.
On the other hand, Game Gear games lets you remap all the buttons, except the unused select and start, however you like. There's even rapid fire available. Nintendo's emulation really is pathetic in comparison.

Boney

Banned
I'll also recommend Pictobits, Aura Aura Climber, 10 Second Run, Bird&Beans, and also Spotto!

All of these are only 1300 points as well, so it fits your budget

Can't say I'm a fan of 10 Second Run, but it's so cheap it doesn't really sting.

Spotto! is amazing though!

Awesome. Swords and Soldiers was awesome. I hope more WiiWare games get this treatment. World of Goo, MotoHeroez, La Mulana etc all need eShop releases--they would fair much better than on Wiiware.

It felt strange to me at first too, but after a while it just seems to melt into your hands, it has become my favourite traditional controller by far (never was that keen on the 360 one). I curse Nintendo for not allowing it to be used with Wii/Virtual Console stuff. :(

Ah cool, I was hoping it was something like 'just needs some time to get use to it'.

I've got Sonic Racing now so I'll probably really dig in and play it with that, Nintendo needs to get working on Wii U VC quicker. >_<

rjc571

Banned

I would recommend picking up Rabi Laby 2 for 200 points, either Mr. Driller: Drill Til You Drop or Art Style: Box Life for 500 points, and either Go! Go! Kokopolo or Mighty Flip Champs! for 800 points.

DSiware is pretty great if you like puzzle games and platformers (but not so great for other types of games).

Great to hear that this is confirmed. I remember somebody said that Circle Entertainment already had Swords and Soldiers 3D listed on their website, even though they hadn't announced it yet.

Javier

I've just realized, for the first time in 5 years, that during the "Downloading Game" screen on the Wii Shop, and if you get Fire Mario grabbing the coins and hitting the blocks, you can press the A button and Mario will shoot fireballs.

Oh my.

Tenki

I rather buy a retail version, but this is better than nothing. But I wanted the bonus book and CD like in the USA version :(

Awesome. Swords and Soldiers was awesome. I hope more WiiWare games get this treatment. World of Goo, MotoHeroez, La Mulana etc all need eShop releases--they would fair much better than on Wiiware.

This game was so damn good. Pains me to think it will be stuck on Wiiware forever when better services are out for them to reach fans. I would pay a pretty nice penny for a 3DS or Wii U eShop version.

Wait until you get the swimming screen...
I got that when I was going through my epic redownloading of all my VC/WiiWare games to my WiiU 3 times. Had never seen it before and my mind was blown.

Never done the fireball one though.

Favorite Nintendo downloading screen is the DSi one, loved the Super Mario Advance Mario Sprites filling up the download box.

Top Bottom