• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2014

terrisus

I'm drawing a complete blank on what it was called right now, but, with the original Wii there was a promotion - it may have been a Japan-only promotion - where if you get enough people to connect their Wiis to the internet for the first time and list you as the person who helped them, you got all the 1st-party games on the Virtual Console, and then another level where if you got more people, you got all Virtual Console games (or something to that effect).

I think that pretty much trumps any promotion for any other region.

Roto13

I'm drawing a complete blank on what it was called right now, but, with the original Wii there was a promotion - it may have been a Japan-only promotion - where if you get enough people to connect their Wiis to the internet for the first time and list you as the person who helped you, you got all the 1st-party games on the Virtual Console, and then another level where if you got more people, you got all Virtual Console games (or something to that effect).

It was something like 20 people for access to every first party game on VC. I don't think I would have been able to do it with 20 people without putting way too much effort in.

terrisus

Pretty sure there were two tiers to it, although I can't really remember the details.
Either way, the end result of it was pretty much the best reward possible.

It always really surprised me that people didn't set up a network of people's information so that everyone connecting could at least enter in someone else's information so they could get credit for it.

Somnid

Pretty sure there were two tiers to it, although I can't really remember the details.
Either way, the end result of it was pretty much the best reward possible.

It always really surprised me that people didn't set up a network of people's information so that everyone connecting could at least enter in someone else's information so they could get credit for it.

This was called the Connection Ambassador program. You got 500 points for helping a friend connect to the internet on their Wii and they did too. If you got 10 then you would get gold and access to all first party NES games for free. If you did 20 you'd get platinum status and access to all first party games on VC.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The last few days I've been going through my games and making sure I had them all recorded correctly in the program I use to track the stuff I own, which brought up a few questions:

1) Were there any GAMES other than LostWinds 1 that did not transfer from Wii to Wii U? I know channels like the Metroid Prime 3 Promotional channel did not transfer.

2) Is there an official box art for the Club Nintendo Doc Louis's Punch-Out anywhere? The Nintendo.com website has box art for Grill Off with Ultra Hand, but not for Doc Louis and I can't find any on Google. The small icon is totally fine by me.
ydFco3gr7s73JWb03oPkE22k3csJ1kI8.jpg

3) Does anyone have this format of image for the DKC games?
lP_3dDs9Ia-ICDU8VGzh6UE3seJUZK2y.png

4) What the hell do I do with my 100 left over Wii Points? Gah!

5) Where can I pay money to download all the Wii channel theme song music? Has Nintendo ever released that stuff on CD? If not, can they? Please?

Jucksalbe

Banned
1) Were there any GAMES other than LostWinds 1 that did not transfer from Wii to Wii U? I know channels like the Metroid Prime 3 Promotional channel did not transfer.

I don't know of any other game.

4) What the hell do I do with my 100 left over Wii Points? Gah!

Add 1000 and buy something for 500 and 600. Or leave them be, if you don't want to buy anything for the Wii anymore.

5) Where can I pay money to download all the Wii channel theme song music? Has Nintendo ever released that stuff on CD? If not, can they? Please?

Don't think so.

Roto13

Nintendo raising the prices of Professor Layton and Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze on the Canadian eShop because they want to ruin one of the few reasons to buy games on the eShop.

GWX

Nintendo raising the prices of Professor Layton and Donkey Kong Country Returns Tropical Freeze on the Canadian eShop because they want to ruin one of the few reasons to buy games on the eShop.

How much is DKC:TF in the canadian eShop? Can't check it right now. You just got me worried, I was planning to buy it there!

zroid

Banned
loooool Liberation Maiden really hurts my left hand. It's fun though.

I should try using the kid icarus stand next time.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze €49.99 (£39.99)

Wii U VC
Ice Hockey €4.99 (£3.49) - NES 60hz

3DS
WEAPON SHOP de OMASSE™ €7.99 (£7.19)
Retro City Rampage: DX €8.99 (£7.99)
Kung Fu Rabbit €4.99 (£4.49)
Bella Sara 2 - The Magic of Drasilmare Demo

3DS VC
Renegade €4.99 (£4.49)

==========
Special Offers

Professor Layton X Ace Attorney offer
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask €29.99 (£27.99) until 27/02/14 23:59 local time
Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ -Dual Destinies €17.49 (£13.99) until 27/02/14 23:59 local time.

Until 27/02/2014 you can save 30% on the Nintendo eShop price of "Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask" as well as "Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™- Dual Destinies"!
If you are new to either the Professor Layton or Ace Attorney series, now is the perfect time to get to know the investigative and puzzle-solving game elements of Layton or the intense courtroom-based action of a Phoenix Wright title.
Don't forget that on 28/03/2014 these two pinnacles of law and order unite in "Professor Layton™ vs. Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™", a crossover adventure exclusively on Nintendo 3DS.

Wii U
TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition €4.99 (£4.49) until 06/03/14 23:59 UTC
Trine 2: Director’s Cut €6.79 (£5.49) until 13/03/14 23:59 UTC

3DS
Heavy Fire: Black Arms 3D €2.99 (£2.69) until 06/03/14 23:59 local time.
Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D €2.99 (£2.69) until 06/03/14 23:59 local time.
Robot Rescue 3D €0.99 (£0.89) until 06/03/14 23:59 local time.
Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut 3D €0.99 (£0.89) until 06/03/14 23:59 local time.
Bird Mania Christmas 3D 0.99 (£0.89) until 06/03/14 23:59 local time.

Anyone care to comment on Retro City Rampage? Saw a video and it kind of looked like the old GTA games. Worth 8 quid of my hard-earned?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh another 99 Cent game/sale....Bird Mania also doesnt look that bad.

L~A

==========
Special Offers

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask €29.99 (£27.99) until 27/02/14 23:59 local time
Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ -Dual Destinies €17.49 (£13.99) until 27/02/14 23:59 local time.

Until 27/02/2014 you can save 30% on the Nintendo eShop price of "Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask" as well as "Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™- Dual Destinies"!
If you are new to either the Professor Layton or Ace Attorney series, now is the perfect time to get to know the investigative and puzzle-solving game elements of Layton or the intense courtroom-based action of a Phoenix Wright title.
Don't forget that on 28/03/2014 these two pinnacles of law and order unite in "Professor Layton™ vs. Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™", a crossover adventure exclusively on Nintendo 3DS.

Wow, an actual sale on a Nintendo published retail game... wow. You don't see that very often. It's the second time it's happening this year.... what madeness is this?! /trollface.jpg

Anyway, pretty good news! Guess I'm gonna grab Layton 6 then, I doubt its price will drop any time soon once the sale is over.... though I don't really have time to play iit (there's already Senran Kagura coming out next week, and it's too close to PLvsAA).

I wonder... isn't it a bit early to have this sale? I'd put it closer to PLvsAA launch.... but then again, they want to promote PLvsAA, and I can't do a "PLvsAA is 30% off if you own both AA5 and Layton 6" sales like on the Wii U eShop.

Oh, and don't forget : if you haven't bought Hakuoki and Virtue's Last Reward, you are an evil person. There, I said it.

Or you simply have different tastes *shrugs*

So for me this week, it'll be

- Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

I'm drawing a complete blank on what it was called right now, but, with the original Wii there was a promotion - it may have been a Japan-only promotion - where if you get enough people to connect their Wiis to the internet for the first time and list you as the person who helped them, you got all the 1st-party games on the Virtual Console, and then another level where if you got more people, you got all Virtual Console games (or something to that effect).

There were a number of hoops to jump through (like the persons first connection top the Wii shop channel must have been within 14 days for it to count) but the gist is correct. You also got club nintendo surveys too.

I guess this makes up for "losing" on the guild01/02 sale front.

JoeM86

Wow, an actual sale on a Nintendo published retail game... wow. You don't see that very often. It's the second time it's happening this year.... what madeness is this?! /trollface.jpg

Anyway, pretty good news! Guess I'm gonna grab Layton 6 then, I doubt its price will drop any time soon once the sale is over.... though I don't really have time to play iit (there's already Senran Kagura coming out next week, and it's too close to PLvsAA).

I wonder... isn't it a bit early to have this sale? I'd put it closer to PLvsAA launch.... but then again, they want to promote PLvsAA, and I can't do a "PLvsAA is 30% off if you own both AA5 and Layton 6" sales like on the Wii U eShop.

Oh, and don't forget : if you haven't bought Hakuoki and Virtue's Last Reward, you are an evil person. There, I said it.

Or you simply have different tastes *shrugs*

So for me this week, it'll be

- Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Azran Legacy isn't the one on sale, it's Miracle Mask, the one before it

L~A

Azran Legacy isn't the one on sale, it's Miracle Mask, the one before it

Daaaaamn, I knew it was too good to be true. It never occured to me they might pick up the previous game.... the one I already got
(thanks to the Buy 3, get 1 for free promotion)

Oh well, just DK for me this week, then.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
OK, I need Ice Hockey in NA pronto.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh, didn't realize Weapon Shop de Omasse would release so soon. Is it supposed to come out this week in NA, too? But with the Guild games, I'll probably just wait, because I know it will be on sale in several months.

Europe... Ice Hockey... What is that sport?

Sochi's fault sure.

Maybe, but also NES Remix 2. Only one game left for Europe.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, Weapon Shop de Omasse will come out to the US this week as well. Sounds interesting, but considering all the times the Guild 01/02 games have been on sale, I might just wait.

Chopper

I'm quite enjoying Bugs vs Tanks. I put this off for months, but couldn't resist the opportunity to complete my Guild collection thanks to the latest sale. It's pretty basic, but it's quirky and definitely fun. There seems to be a load of content too.

Probably old news but I just received "software" via spotpass. What happened? A Youtube icon was added to my home menu, it then prompted me about what had happened and if I wanted to continue receiving this.

The youtube icon tells me I need to download it from the eShop (it sends me to the download page). I then hit the old NNID is required wall upon the "purchase" option. The icon does not appear in memory management but can be deleting by opening and then saying no to connecting to the eShop.

Basically it is like later Wiis that came with icons of things you could download from the Wii Shop (to encourage people to connect given the terrible connectivity) except 3DS has good connectivity. I wonder if poor downloads of such software are why they've done this. But why Youtube? Steel Diver Sub Wars would be far better as a starting point.

wilflare

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze €49.99 (£39.99)

Wii U VC
Ice Hockey €4.99 (£3.49) - NES 60hz

3DS
WEAPON SHOP de OMASSE™ €7.99 (£7.19)
Retro City Rampage: DX €8.99 (£7.99)
Kung Fu Rabbit €4.99 (£4.49)
Bella Sara 2 - The Magic of Drasilmare Demo

3DS VC
Renegade €4.99 (£4.49)

==========
Special Offers

Wii U
TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition €4.99 (£4.49) until 06/03/14 23:59 UTC
Trine 2: Director’s Cut €6.79 (£5.49) until 13/03/14 23:59 UTC

3DS
Heavy Fire: Black Arms 3D €2.99 (£2.69) until 06/03/14 23:59 local time.
Heavy Fire: Special Operations 3D €2.99 (£2.69) until 06/03/14 23:59 local time.
Robot Rescue 3D €0.99 (£0.89) until 06/03/14 23:59 local time.
Crazy Chicken: Director's Cut 3D €0.99 (£0.89) until 06/03/14 23:59 local time.
Bird Mania Christmas 3D 0.99 (£0.89) until 06/03/14 23:59 local time.

anyone got a similar list for US?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Isnt this pretty old ? They had apps like Nintendo Video and Swapnote being "installed" like that for years now.

Yeah that software faux-install has happened since the beginning with Nintendo Video, Eurosport (RIP) and Letterbox/Swap Note (RIP). Steel Diver would definitely be a great use for it.

Wooden Sen'Sey is listed for February for US. Didn't realise it was coming so soon. It looks cool from what I've seen. Hopefully it is coming to EU soon too.

BowieZ

Banned
Just to be clear, DKCTF is Friday in EU (not Thursday)?

I think I ask this every time I don't see the date stated, but I always cling to hope it's somehow Thursday...

L~A

Those "notifications" are usually for software already available on the eShop for a quite a while, and Steel Diver was just released last week.... a bit too early for that.

Edit : nope, retail downloads are always on the day of their release, which is Friday most of the time (Thursday for some Ubi titles, and some rare exceptions like Senran Kagura Burst).

JoeM86

hahaha I'm seriously considering cancelling my preorders on Amazon and going Digital... thoughts?

You can get decent money back if you do so, perhaps equivalent to the savings Amazon have.

If you get eShop credit through those deals that went around, then it's certainly logical.

Just to be clear, DKCTF is Friday in EU (not Thursday)?

I think I ask this every time I don't see the date stated, but I always cling to hope it's somehow Thursday...

Yep. Should be midnight on Friday

zroid

Banned
woah nice sale for AA5 in Euroland

Guess it's futile expecting the same when we don't even have a release date for PLvsAA

wilflare

You can get decent money back if you do so, perhaps equivalent to the savings Amazon have.

If you get eShop credit through those deals that went around, then it's certainly logical.

Yep. Should be midnight on Friday

hmm yea. i managed to jump on those 20% off eShop deals. hmm. and with the WiiU premium/deluxe promo, I get even more credit back. lol.

Top Bottom