• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2016

Don't know that that means much, Argos cancelled their pre-orders a year ago and yet other retailers still offer it and it still appears on Nintendo's reports in all of its TBA glory.

It'll be a digital reward for the new My Nintendo programme. Believe.

RiggyRob

Part 5 of our Wind Waker HD Let's Play: https://youtu.be/VkGRTDRspAU

It never really hit me the first time playing, but the names of most of the islands are actually puns e.g. Outset Island is the island you set out on your adventure from, Windfall Island is the one with merchants and an auction house and so on - I think that's a nice little detail the localisers (and probably the original writers) got spot on.

Also, I wonder if we'll ever see a game like Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland again?

Chrom

Don't know that that means much, Argos cancelled their pre-orders a year ago and yet other retailers still offer it and it still appears on Nintendo's reports in all of its TBA glory.

It'll be a digital reward for the new My Nintendo programme. Believe.

I think a good question to ask here is if whether or not Argos provided the same explanation as Tesco did as to why they canceled pre-orders. The Tesco story is interesting because it's the first known instance of a source indicating that the game isn't going to be released in Europe.

tolkir

Part 5 of our Wind Waker HD Let's Play: https://youtu.be/VkGRTDRspAU

It never really hit me the first time playing, but the names of most of the islands are actually puns e.g. Outset Island is the island you set out on your adventure from, Windfall Island is the one with merchants and an auction house and so on - I think that's a nice little detail the localisers (and probably the original writers) got spot on.

Also, I wonder if we'll ever see a game like Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland again?

Never again, some download rare game with new I.P could be.
A spin-off with a obscure character is unlikely, maybe a RPG with Wario-Waluigi and secondary characters from WarioWare could do something similar and work.

You're welcome, Kimishima.

RiggyRob

Never again, some download rare game with new I.P could be.
A spin-off with a obscure character is unlikely, maybe a RPG with Wario-Waluigi and secondary characters from WarioWare could do something similar and work.

You're welcome, Kimishima.

Yeah, it would actually fit Wario really well. I'm struggling to think of other Nintendo side characters that have a niche following to deserve their own game to be honest.

Chorazin

Soooo....when does Bravely Default get fun? I'm only in the second town area and I'm already kinda sick of all the constant status effects I need to waste magic and items on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd totally replay Sonic Advance 2 (heck, I might still have the cartridge). When the hell is Sega gonna re-release their games in the US?

I don't know if the first game has aged well, but 2 & 3 are still rather good games, even if 2 was a HUGE pain in the ass to deal with getting the chaos emeralds.

Refyref

I'd totally replay Sonic Advance 2 (heck, I might still have the cartridge). When the hell is Sega gonna re-release their games in the US?

I don't know if the first game has aged well, but 2 & 3 are still rather good games, even if 2 was a HUGE pain in the ass to deal with getting the chaos emeralds.

I'd say the first one aged the best, being mostly designed in a similar style to Sonic 1/2. 1 was pretty much a Sonic 4, much more than the actual game by that name. The later ones were pretty much the beginning of modern (2D) Sonic, but they're not as polished as the DS games.

daydream

Banned
stella glow demo was the second demo disappointment after legend of legacy. just seems like a poor man's fire emblem, in every respect. my life's too short for this

KingWool

Banned
Tomorrow is jam packed. Three new FE games, three VC games, and I'm sure a slew of new Indie games as well.

This is a good week; even without Shining Soul ;)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Seriously why do Nintendo never put Harmoknight on sale? In fact, why is it barely even mentioned by them? It's as if it has been completely lost in the abyss.

It can't still be selling well after all this time, so a discount on that relatively hefty price tag would make good business sense.

I'm with you man. I love the demo, I just can't bear myselt to pay full price after all those years amd with the huge backlog I have. Put that shit at 40% off and I'm in.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Still no release date for Fire Emblem in EU/AU. Kind of disappointed.

We wont get one before Bravely Second is out, we are likely getting it in April like we did Awakening in 2013.

Glass Rebel

I think I've said it before in another thread but while Bravely Default was one of my GOTY 2013, I'd much rather have Fire Emblem Fates now. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the better game as well.

tolkir

Delay of Fire Emblem must be a translation thing, 3 campaigns with a lot of side contents.
First they have translate to english and meanwhile, rest of languages by pieces/campaigns (I don't know how they work). They need more time that NA and they didn't want delay NA release.

I wish each delay was compensate with a game like Bravely Second.

TheMoon

Delay of Fire Emblem must be a translation thing, 3 campaigns with a lot of side contents.
First they have translate to english and meanwhile, rest of languages by pieces/campaigns (I don't know how they work). They need more time that NA and they didn't want delay NA release.

I wish each delay was compensate with a game like Bravely Second.

There's no delay. It's follows the exact model of Awakening's release so far.

tolkir

There's no delay. It's follows the exact model of Awakening's release so far.

But that model, it's a model with a delay. Because that model had a delay, and Fates has same model, Fates hasn't delay?

Well, we'll have superior Genei Ibun Roku #FE first. (I hope) :p

But that model, it's a model with a delay. Because that model had a delay, and Fates has same model, Fates hasn't delay?

Well, we'll have superior Genei Ibun Roku #FE first. (I hope) :p

Nintendo EU does what Nintendo EU wants
Nintendo NA does what Nintendo NA wants
They're pretty independent (for better or worse) and just plan their relase schedule how they think it makes sense

They don't release games at the same time, but that doesn't make it a "delay".

But I guess that's arguing over the semantics of delay.

TheMoon

Really, I only consider something a delay when we've been given a date and then it can't hit that date.

Yup that's how I classify delays, too. That's why I don't acknowledge some of those Zelda game delays for older games since there were never any real dates given, people just throwing stuff together to make the "Zelda always gets delayed!" rule work in their heads.

scamander

Banned

u4vt73wh.png

donny2112

With Fates releasing tonight (!), here's the All-Time 3DS Download-only chart for today. We can see if Fates has a meteroic rise and pushes out poor AA5.

U.S. 3DS All-Time Download-only Sales (through Feb 18, 2016)
Note: Pre-loaded/Ambassador games are not included. Basically just anything you had to click on 'purchase' button to get that at some point in its life cost money. Also, download codes count toward these totals.
01./01. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
02./02. [3DS] Pokemon Dream Radar (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.)
03./03. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) (~240K as of Oct 30, 2014)
04./04. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo) (~120K as of Aug 15, 2013)
05./05. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo) (>240K as of Oct 30, 2014)
06./06. [3DS] 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (Nintendo)
07./07. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
08./08. [3DS] Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games)
09./09. [3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo) (~80K as of Apr 18, 2013)
10./10. [3DS] Pushmo (Nintendo) (>120K as of Aug 15, 2013)
11./11. [3DS] Pokemon X (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.)
12./12. [3DS] Pokemon Y (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.)
13./13. [3DS] Gunman Clive (Bertil Horberg) (~137K as of Feb 12, 2015)
14./14. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo)
15./15. [3DS] 3D Classics: Kid Icarus (Nintendo)
16./16. [3DS] Colors! 3D (Collecting Smiles)
17./17. [3DS] SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form)
18./18. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)
19./19. [3DS] Pokedex 3D Pro (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.)
20./20. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (Capcom)

Everything's over 50K (and probably way over), since Bird Mania 3D was > 50K and fell out of the Top 20 like 21 months ago.

maxcriden

With Fates releasing tonight (!), here's the All-Time 3DS Download-only chart for today. We can see if Fates has a meteroic rise and pushes out poor AA5.

Note: Pre-Loaded/Ambassador games are not included. Basically just anything you had to click on 'purchase' button to get that at some point in its life cost money. Also, download codes count toward these totals.
03./03. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo)
05./05. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo)
10./10. [3DS] Pushmo (Nintendo)
13./13. [3DS] Gunman Clive (Bertil Horberg)

Everything's over 50K (and probably way over), since Bird Mania 3D was > 50K and fell out of the Top 20 like 21 months ago.

Incredible showings for a couple of those 3D classics. I want a new KI and Kirby 3D games. I want to see more Pushmo and NX handheld needs a 3DL2 or 3DW (depending on how the system is set up). I wonder what 21+ look like. I bet BOXBOY! is decently high.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Note: Pre-Loaded/Ambassador games are not included. Basically just anything you had to click on 'purchase' button to get that at some point in its life cost money. Also, download codes count toward these totals.
03./03. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo)
05./05. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo)
10./10. [3DS] Pushmo (Nintendo)
13./13. [3DS] Gunman Clive (Bertil Horberg)

Don't forget the post I made (with further corrections later thanks to your contribution) a few months ago.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186110936&postcount=310

Top Bottom