• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2012

Wait, so Japan's 3DS VC released the Famicom Punch-Out? I'm guessing if you buy it for Wii, you can't use it on 3DS. Or am I jumping the gun by assuming? Then is Nintendo going to expect me to buy it all over again for the Wii U Virtual Console as well?

Minor complaint, I guess (I just won't buy it again) but I think the Virtual Console could really get a new life if the games were yours to use on any available Nintendo format and it would also be an incentive to pick up hardware like the Wii U and 3DS. Or maybe I'm just cheap. Perhaps I shouldn't whine, as I have no interest in ordinary Game Boy games at all, making the current US VC rather boring.

afair Nintendo said that you can transfer all the Wii stuff(VC etc games) to WiiU last year.
quasi like the DSi to 3DS transfer

Hale-XF11

Oh wow, that's a far cry from working on Kinect then. I had no idea it was those guys. Neat. I guess that explains then why Sakura has such a zen-like vibe to it. These guys are starting to remind me a little bit of Mekensleep.

GeekyDad

Seen the comparison to Punch Out discussed before, but there's definitely some free-running going on in Sakura Samurai. It looks like a cool play on Punch Out, expanded into an actual adventure.

Okay, I was peer-pressured into getting Pushmo, it didn't look like a game I'd really care for but it's hard to ignore the praise it's getting.

Anyway, I started playing VVVVVV and it is GLORIOUS. Perfect fit for the system, I think.

As an aside, the flashing red StreetPass light I'm assuming signals a friend signing online?

Okay, I was peer-pressured into getting Pushmo, it didn't look like a game I'd really care for but it's hard to ignore the praise it's getting.

Anyway, I started playing VVVVVV and it is GLORIOUS. Perfect fit for the system, I think.

As an aside, the flashing red StreetPass light I'm assuming signals a friend signing online?

Orange is friend.
Red means your 3DS is about to asplode.

hitmon

for me its orange when a friend signs on.

zigg

I guess it could have been orange but it was distinctly red.

I mean, it would flash and then go away, I know when it's always on it means the battery is low.
If it flashed briefly, it's either orange and thus signified a friend or you've got a problem with your 3DS.

I've seen it start flashing red and it doesn't flash then stop.

Javier

I bought a new 16GB SD Card for my 3DS and my storage jumped from 3000+ blocks to 109,000+ blocks.

Feels good man.

Kifimbo

Hmm, I swore Poisoft was the developer. Well, there's always one way to find out.

Well, I saw the credits, and the two companies shown where Grounding Inc. and Nintendo. Might have missed it. But Mineko Okamura was the producer (or the director, can't remember).

According to this Iwata Asks, the Poisoft game was called Hu-Stone.

In our recent Nintendo Direct presentation, I introduced a downloadable software title “Hu-Stone” (Japanese title) by POISOFT, a development company with only four staff members, and they said that even small developers now have a chance to take advantage of StreetPass.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/111028qa/index.html

watershed

Banned
Does anyone here plan to get Colors!3D when it releases for the eshop sometime "early 2012"? I'm really interested in it but I think they said somewhere it would cost around $7 or something which seems kinda high for a painting app. Also from their own numbers the community seems rather small which isn't ideal for sharing and stuff.

Tyeforce

Does anyone here plan to get Colors!3D when it releases for the eshop sometime "early 2012"? I'm really interested in it but I think they said somewhere it would cost around $7 or something which seems kinda high for a painting app. Also from their own numbers the community seems rather small which isn't ideal for sharing and stuff.
I'm planning on getting it! I'm not even that great of an artist, but it looks like a really cool little app.

watershed

Banned
I'm planning on getting it! I'm not even that great of an artist, but it looks like a really cool little app.

Cool, I wonder how sharing will work? We are friends on the 3ds but will that matter with the colors! gallery?

I'm following the updates on their facebook and it is in submission with Nintendo right now which means it could be released some time before the end of February.

Tyeforce

Cool, I wonder how sharing will work? We are friends on the 3ds but will that matter with the colors! gallery?

I'm following the updates on their facebook and it is in submission with Nintendo right now which means it could be released some time before the end of February.
I'm not sure, but I'd bet it's only through their online gallery. There's also co-op drawing, but I believe that's only over local wireless.

watershed

Banned
I'm not sure, but I'd bet it's only through their online gallery. There's also co-op drawing, but I believe that's only over local wireless.

Yeah that's local only. $7 really is a lot and I'm not sure how popular colors! is to begin with seeing as how they only have 2000 followers on facebook. I just hope there's enough of a community to keep things interesting.

Roto13

Yeah that's local only. $7 really is a lot and I'm not sure how popular colors! is to begin with seeing as how they only have 2000 followers on facebook. I just hope there's enough of a community to keep things interesting.

2000 Facebook followers is a lot for a random homebrew DS app.

watershed

Banned
2000 Facebook followers is a lot for a random homebrew DS app.

Maybe you're right but right now its free, at least on the ds I'm not sure if there is an ios app, and I'm not sure how much of the community is going to make the move to a $7 app.

Tyeforce

Maybe you're right but right now its free, at least on the ds I'm not sure if there is an ios app, and I'm not sure how much of the community is going to make the move to a $7 app.
There is an iOS app, and I believe it's quite popular, too. The iOS app is $5.99, so an extra dollar for all the added features of Colors! 3D seems totally worth it.

watershed

Banned
There is an iOS app, and I believe it's quite popular, too. The iOS app is $5.99, so an extra dollar for all the added features of Colors! 3D seems totally worth it.

Oh I didn't know that. Cool, hopefully that means people will be willing to take the dive for 3d and the community is big and active.

I'm up for it. Videos looked awesome.

@MUWANdo

Banned
PAL press release is up - 3D Classics Kid Icarus on the eShop (6GBP), Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon officially available to buy again, nothing else worth mentioning.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this..(yeah that old line)....

But.... does anyone have any idea if the eshop is going to add maestro cards in the future? (I'm in Europe).. I can't find eshop cards anywhere and I hate asking my friends and family for their mastercard..

Nope. Would have loved to see it.
Well it wasn't terribly exciting but still strange that they are not releasing them in the US seeing that they are already in English.

PAL press release is up - 3D Classics Kid Icarus on the eShop (6GBP), Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon officially available to buy again, nothing else worth mentioning.
Sakura Samurai...where? Why? We demand demos etc. Will buy Pinball Pulse.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this..(yeah that old line)....

But.... does anyone have any idea if the eshop is going to add maestro cards in the future?.. I can't find eshop cards anywhere and I hate asking my friends and family for their mastercard..

No, sorry, but apparently the eshop cards are now available in Game, WHSmiths, Asda and Sainsburys [IIRC from a post on here recently]. I have seen them in Game but haven't checked the other stores.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Another week of nothing for PAL users - at least I'll be getting Revelations tomorrow.

FINALLY! The best VG pinball in existant finally available for euro 3DSes too. I'm soo happy.

Another week of nothing for PAL users - at least I'll be getting Revelations tomorrow.

WHAAA??

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I already own Zen Pinball 3D, which provides enough pinball for me on the 3DS.

Top Bottom