• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2012

I cannot wait for Sakura Samurai; it looks amazing. Still, it sucks that NOE seems to not care about their eShop.

At least, PAL-land got Revelations two weeks before the US. Fair and balanced.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I want to know what we are going to get for download Wed. on Club Nintendo. I hope I get something I really want for my 3ds.

I want to know what we are going to get for download Wed. on Club Nintendo. I hope I get something I really want for my 3ds.

I really wish they would just give people download credits to DL whatever they want.

it would inject some liquidity to the eshop and give 3rd parties some skin in the game. Or alternatively include top quality (well reviewed/editor's picks) 3rd party titles a shot at being a club Nintendo download.

The problem right now is whatever game is given the clubNintendo treatment shoots up the charts and is taking up a ranking /visibility of another (likely) 3rd party game.

I really wish they would just give people download credits to DL whatever they want.

it would inject some liquidity to the eshop and give 3rd parties some skin in the game. Or alternatively include top quality (well reviewed/editor's picks) 3rd party titles a shot at being a club Nintendo download.

The problem right now is whatever game is given the clubNintendo treatment shoots up the charts and is taking up a ranking /visibility of another (likely) 3rd party game.

They've put third party games as club nintendo awards. One of the first ones was Fluidity.

Hale-XF11

Same here. I have yet to use any of my coins to purchase games. I either already own what they've offered or have zero interest in the selection. Hopefully this next round of offerings will change that.

Kifimbo

How do you differ?

It felt like a half-demo, half-game to me. Yeah, it's similar to Punch-Out! with swords, but there is only three real opponents. The stuff in between is mostly filler, with weak enemies. Now I understand it's necessary at first, to teach you the basics. But 6-8 similar stages in between the real fights is way too many. And the special skills are useless. The normal enemies are already easy enough, and the skills are ineffective against the three bosses. There are also 4 differents items, and I barely used two of them.

Also, the minigames are the same thing over and over (cut fruits and tree trunks), with slight variations. And the additional challenges you unclocked are boring, it's just "kill 30/50/100 of the same weak ennemis as fast as possible".

It ain't bad or anything, but to me it's certainly not a 9/10 game, a 8/10 still seems a bit high even if the filler stuff doesn't bother you.

JohnnyPanda

Neo Member
Ah, yeah I can see the filler/too short complaints but I never got the feeling that the fights were filler or too numerous. Maybe you're just better at the game than I am, but I thought they provided a good ramp in challenge and so I felt like I was increasing my skills as I went along. I did enjoy trying to rack up Precision Points in the harder fights instead of just trying to get to the end of them (except if I was getting my ass handed to me) so I feel there's a good balance to everything.

But yeah, I agree it could've been a touch longer. It took me about 3.5-4 hrs to get through it on Normal, and I might play around more on Expert just to see how I do.

Do you happen to be good at Punch-Out? If you are, I can see how some of the fights can be seen as boring.

EDIT: About the special skill, I feel like using it against bosses would go against the challenge they were aiming for, and I used it quite regularly against larger crowds. *shrug*

Kifimbo

Ah, yeah I can see the filler/too short complaints but I never got the feeling that the fights were filler or too numerous. Maybe you're just better at the game than I am, but I thought they provided a good ramp in challenge and so I felt like I was increasing my skills as I went along. I did enjoy trying to rack up Precision Points in the harder fights instead of just trying to get to the end of them (except if I was getting my ass handed to me) so I feel there's a good balance to everything.

But yeah, I agree it could've been a touch longer. It took me about 3.5-4 hrs to get through it on Normal, and I might play around more on Expert just to see how I do.

Do you happen to be good at Punch-Out? If you are, I can see how some of the fights can be seen as boring.

EDIT: About the special skill, I feel like using it against bosses would go against the challenge they were aiming for, and I used it quite regularly against larger crowds. *shrug*

I don't think I'm better or anything. In fact, the last boss kicked my ass three times before I finally beat him. He was much harder that anything thrown at me before.

I just feel the two or three fights between each boss would have been enough. Instead, they should have add another section with another 2-3 regular fights (maybe with axemen where you can't block, or with two/three ennemis attacking you at the same time) and a fourth boss.

And I agree with you, disabling special skills against bosses was a good idea. But I just didn't need them against regular enemies, so their inclusion is a bit baffling to me.

Oh, nice. But GG Sonic games are always frustrating without the additional view area from the Master System versions.
I dunno, Triple Trouble was designed exclusively for the Game Gear - does it really still count? I mean, I don't recall having all that much issue with visibility in it, as opposed to, say, Sonic 2 (grrr).

Javier

Sonic Triple Trouble has been rated by the ESRB in America as well. It's listed as "Game Gear, Nintendo 3DS".

EDIT: Shinobi GG has been rated as well.

Top Bottom