• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2014

Is AeternoBlade due out this week out of interest guys? I know I'm a fool for doing so but the Gamefaqs date says this week but I can't find that verified anywhere else.

Katsuragi

Is AeternoBlade due out this week out of interest guys? I know I'm a fool for doing so but the Gamefaqs date says this week but I can't find that verified anywhere else.

It won't see a release this week.

We have a bad news, we can't release our game on 14th Jan due to submission failure. We are doing re-submission to Nintendo and will announce new release date as soon as possible.

Source: Facebook

tolkir

Next week on Japan eShop

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

tolkir

Dr. Luigi already available in Europe.

Look at new releases section.

Aostia said:
anyone knows the price of UNepic? Should be available on US Wii U this week, PAL Wii U next week

Steam price is €6,99. I hope it costs similar.

Initiate Google Translate: "Forest of mystery and power of three". Well sure yeah. Why not?

Trine 2: Director's Cut is the name released here. It isn't the traslation.

Glass Joe

anyone knows the price of UNepic? Should be available on US Wii U this week, PAL Wii U next week

It has a profile page in the US eShop which says $9.99, coming 1/16.

So does F1 Race Stars, that disc based game that mysteriously only came out in Japan. It is coming as a download only for $29.99, also on 1/16.

Trine 2: Director's Cut is the name released here. It isn't the traslation.
Looks like Japan got a little crazy with adding a subtitle to the game's name though. "Trine 2: Forest of Mystery and Power of Three - Director's Cut" just rolls off the tongue.

Go319

hey guys,

i bought contra 3 for wii u and did a play through with a friend the other day and man what happend to this port??

its a laggy mess with so much slowdown it basically pauses in boss battles!

I dont remember the wii version doing this at all? anyone else experiencing this?

Its a broken mess :(

EDIT: anyway to rollback to my wii VC copy instead? or am i doomed?

hey guys,

i bought contra 3 for wii u and did a play through with a friend the other day and man what happend to this port??

I dont remember the wii version doing this at all? anyone else experiencing this?

Question. Did you play Super Probotector or Contra 3 on the Wii? Contra 3 is known for slowdown in places.

The funny thing about the former running slower (due to 50Hz) is there is less slowdown in the intense parts due to the games overall speed being slower so the processor can catch up more easily, or something like that.

hey guys,

There's some slowdown when it gets real hectic on screen, but i can't say i have encountered similar issues to yours.
Only played up to the third boss sofar though...

Go319

Question. Did you play Super Probotector or Contra 3 on the Wii? Contra 3 is known for slowdown in places.

The funny thing about the former running slower (due to 50Hz) is there is less slowdown in the intense parts due to the games overall speed being slower so the processor can catch up more easily, or something like that.

Ive played and completed super probotector on SNES and Wii VC (pal) many many times.

this is my first time playing "contra 3" and i was legit thinking the port was broken??

Go319

Also can i do a rollback to super probotector on my "wii" VC as i much prefer that version?

I'm more than willing to call nintendo and ask for a refund haha

Also can i do a rollback to super probotector on my "wii" VC as i much prefer that version?

Heh, better call Nintendo and tell the situation, if they don't refund you, at least you can re-buy the game for Wii VC....

Robin64

Super Probotector should still be in the Wii VM, upgrading doesn't delete it.

CraigMcD

I've got the same problem with Super Ghouls n' Ghosts. The slowdown makes the game a lot more difficult than it already was.

Glass Joe

hey guys,

EDIT: anyway to rollback to my wii VC copy instead? or am i doomed?

You'll still have it in Wii mode. But it sounds like there's performance differences between Super Probotector (50hz Europe) and Contra 3 (60hz US).

Contra 3 on U played the same as I've always remembered it. And yes, I'd played the SNES cart back in the day.(but not the Wii version, only Wii U).

Go319

You'll still have it in Wii mode. But it sounds like there's performance differences between Super Probotector (50hz Europe) and Contra 3 (60hz US).

Contra 3 on U played the same as I've always remembered it. And yes, I'd played the SNES cart back in the day.(but not the Wii version, only Wii U).

u should try super probotector. for whatever reason it runs sooo much smoother.

I will check that its in my Wii mode tomorrow...fingers crossed.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Trying to redeem 1080 Snowboarding code and I keep getting an error saying "The item corresponding to this download code is not currently being distributed". Anyone else experiencing this?

90sRobots

The only way I wouldn't be disappointed with the next Direct is if Reggie explains that he fired everyone in charge of VC releases and he's providing links to their LinkedIn pages for necessary blackballing.

But Simon's Quest soon on 3DS! Like Zelda 2, restore points will make that game very forgiving.

bjork

The only way I wouldn't be disappointed with the next Direct is if Reggie explains that he fired everyone in charge of VC releases and he's providing links to their LinkedIn pages for necessary blackballing.

But Simon's Quest soon on 3DS! Like Zelda 2, restore points will make that game very forgiving.

that's like bowling with the inflatable bumper things on, man!

90sRobots

I'm an old man. I don't have the patience to play those games the old-fashioned way. I cut my teeth on them as a kid so I'm grandfathered in to being a lazy cheater.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nope, being an old man like myself you should play it the old fashioned way. No saves at all, not even suspend. One session or bust. Also you can only look up cheat codes in magazines from the 80's and early 90's.

Jazzem

To be fair, being able to use restore points on Simon's Quest would mean only having to go through the tedious final castle once :p It's not like there's any actual challenge there, no bottomless pits or enemies!

bjork

Nope, being an old man like myself you should play it the old fashioned way. No saves at all, not even suspend. One session or bust. Also you can only look up cheat codes in magazines from the 80's and early 90's.

Magazines? Pfft. You go to a playground at an elementary school and try to weed out the real cheats from the fake ones all by yourself!

I'm playing Donkey Kong 94 with save states because fuck it. I also did it with gambling in Zelda 1. I don't have time or luck.

90sRobots

Magazines? Pfft. You go to a playground at an elementary school and try to weed out the real cheats from the fake ones all by yourself!

I'm playing Donkey Kong 94 with save states because fuck it. I also did it with gambling in Zelda 1. I don't have time or luck.
My takeaway from this post is that bjork sells weed on playgrounds or something

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ah, obviously not as nice as SMB3 or ALTTP, but it's at least a game I'll buy when it releases on WiiU in Europe. But we still don't even have the first Castlevania, I think.

Javier

I believe NA is getting Unepic and F1 Race Stars for Wii U tomorrow. First time in a while Wii U gets two new games, I think.

Top Bottom