• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2014

Roto13

Found an old wii points card with 2000 points. They don't work with the eshop, do they? If not, I could give it away, someone interested? Hope it's still valid...

You can use it to buy VC games in Wii mode and then pay the upgrade fees to upgrade them to Wii U games.

Tenki

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge wasn't available as a digital download in Germany before, I think. It's in the "new games" section now.

I have the digital game since January last year lol

I guess Germany was the only European country to not have it?

Does the Chibi Robo game coming to 3DS have normal Chibi Robo gameplay in addition to the photo stuff?

It looked like it did from the trailer, but I wanted to make sure.

L~A

I could have sworn Mario Tennis was released last week. Why is it in this update?

Nope. It's been released today, though it was mentionned in last week's PR (because NoE didn't have a PR this week).

Oh, and the odd thing about NG3 is that it doesn't have a USK rating for the Wii U version... how come? Both PS360 versions got their own rating.

69wpm

Nope. It's been released today, though it was mentionned in last week's PR (because NoE didn't have a PR this week).

Oh, and the odd thing about NG3 is that it doesn't have a USK rating for the Wii U version... how come? Both PS360 versions got their own rating.

It's blooddier than the other version and the USK rating was denied. If Nintendo released it today, it should have gotten a USK rating now, otherwise I don't see how they could sell it.

Tenki

It's blooddier than the other version and the USK rating was denied. If Nintendo released it today, it should have gotten a USK rating now, otherwise I don't see how they could sell it.

Was the game at least in retail stores?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Mario Tennis plays great with the 3DS Slidepad
EWmof.gif

L~A

Click the link. The PS360 version of the same game got their rating alright, so it doesn't make sense (especially if the Wii U version ended up on the eShop anyway). Maybe the game will show up on their website by tomorrow, since it seems to be an eShop only release. Guess we'll see soon!

PetrCobra

Hmmm, interesting... I bought Toki Tori for £1.79 and an offer (yeah, it says "offer", not "sale" like the other games) for Toki Tori 2+ came up... the price is now £5.19... I am almost sure it was a little bit higher before that, and the list in OP also shows a higher price. I'm going to buy it now just because of that.

One thing annoys me though. This is the first time I am making a purchase on eShop (or should I say, a purchase worth mentioning - Zombi U, TT, Nano Assault Neo, and Edge just because it was cheap, not having high hopes for that one) and the process is slow as hell. Why is there no goddamn basket? I need to confirm a bunch of thing every time, add funds every time, wait through several loading screens every time. I could understand the general slowness if I could just add all the games I want to buy to a basket first, with no loading or anything, and then go through the process for all the games at once. That would at least be bearable. When it's like this, it literally discourages me from buying more games - this needs to change. You hear me, Nintendo? Change it! You're losing money because of this nonsense!

You can use it on the Wii Shopping Channel, buy some VC games and then pay the extra $1 or $1.50 to have the game on Wii U.

Or you can also give it to me if it's EUR lol

You could buy vc games on the Wii and transfer them to the Wii U.

You can use it to buy VC games in Wii mode and then pay the upgrade fees to upgrade them to Wii U games.

Didn't think of that, that's what I'm gonna do. I hope nobody is disappointed that they didn't get the points... :) thx!

L~A

Hmmm, interesting... I bought Toki Tori for £1.79 and an offer (yeah, it says "offer", not "sale" like the other games) for Toki Tori 2+ came up... the price is now £5.19... I am almost sure it was a little bit higher before that, and the list in OP also shows a higher price. I'm going to buy it now just because of that.

One thing annoys me though. This is the first time I am making a purchase on eShop (or should I say, a purchase worth mentioning - Zombi U, TT, Nano Assault Neo, and Edge just because it was cheap, not having high hopes for that one) and the process is slow as hell. Why is there no goddamn basket? I need to confirm a bunch of thing every time, add funds every time, wait through several loading screens every time. I could understand the general slowness if I could just add all the games I want to buy to a basket first, with no loading or anything, and then go through the process for all the games at once. That would at least be bearable. When it's like this, it literally discourages me from buying more games - this needs to change. You hear me, Nintendo? Change it! You're losing money because of this nonsense!

Yup, the eShop really needs a cart system, on both consoles. It's such a shame really, everything about online stuff with Nintendo is just so... slow to improve. Sometimes, I wonder if they have one lone man that does everything. I remember Dan Adelman telling us, a few months ago, that Nintendo was hard at work on new features for the eShop, but since them, we've hardly seen much. And there's also that mythical 'web eShop' that was supposed to come out before the end of 2013. :(

terrisus

So, 30-trial limit on Bravely Default demo.
That basically gives enough for one each day from now until the actual launch of the game.

Guess I know what's going to be open on my 3DS for pretty much every day between now and then.

n64coder

With the 10% back for deluxe purchases on Wii U + the 20% card discount at Best Buy, it's already a 30% off for games on Wii U and 20% off for games on 3DS, so the lack of sales on 1st party retail software is mooted somewhat.

The Best Buy deal was great. I bought something like $225 worth of eShop cards and I plan to get Super Mario 3D world as my first digital purchase of a title available on physical media. I have other digital titles but they were not available in physical form.

One thing annoys me though. This is the first time I am making a purchase on eShop (or should I say, a purchase worth mentioning - Zombi U, TT, Nano Assault Neo, and Edge just because it was cheap, not having high hopes for that one) and the process is slow as hell. Why is there no goddamn basket?

[snipped]

You hear me, Nintendo? Change it! You're losing money because of this nonsense!

Yeah, I had the same feeling when I first starting using the eShop. Hard to believe they did not implement a cart. I mean, the cart concept has been around since the mid-90s.

Roto13

Yeah, the lack of a cart system is super lame.

Being able to add exact funds lower than $5 still kind of puts it ahead of the PSN Store for me, though, at least as far as the specific act of buying things is concerned.

I bought Attack of the Friday Monsters on sale. It is really nice. The drawn backgrounds are great. I miss the dynamic angles that prerendered backgrounds had.

rjc571

Banned

Being able to add exact funds lower than $5 still kind of puts it ahead of the PSN Store for me, though, at least as far as the specific act of buying things is concerned.

The eShop beats out the PSN shop for me simply because you can watch trailers for almost any game on the eShop right there on its store page, while the PSN store doesn't even have trailers for most games and the few that it has have to be downloaded first.

69wpm

Click the link. The PS360 version of the same game got their rating alright, so it doesn't make sense (especially if the Wii U version ended up on the eShop anyway). Maybe the game will show up on their website by tomorrow, since it seems to be an eShop only release. Guess we'll see soon!

It says "Survey date: 20.11.2013" for both versions which means they got their rating recently, or am I reading this wrong? Maybe the USK hasn't updated the site to include the Wii U rating yet.

donny2112

Edit: Hmmm I went to the CN website and it's not showing it. :/ it's showing other Wii-U related stuff on the to-do list, so I know they're linked.

Check your product list under your account. If it doesn't show up there, you can call Nintendo support to see if there's a problem. They should be able to manually add it for you, if necessary.

GeekyDad

Diggin' the BD demo thus far. I can easily see it being an engrossing little game. The B/D system doesn't wow you right off the bat, but it becomes obvious quite quickly how much strategy it adds to battles. I immediately changed my jobs before even the first battle. Not sure how to use the "unused ability points," but I'm guessing you can't in the demo.

90sRobots

13000 blocks to be specific. Well worth it though!
Yeah I don't have the room on my 4 GB card it seems. Can you delete games from your 3DS and re-download them? I haven't touched Paper Mario or Animal Crossing in a while and I'd like to clean the fridge out.

thomaser

Anyone with impressions of Castle Crasher on WiiU? I've never liked tower-defense games, but the trailer for this one makes it look really fun and interesting.

Renekun

Neo Member
Found an old wii points card with 2000 points. They don't work with the eshop, do they? If not, I could give it away, someone interested? Hope it's still valid...
You can use it on the Wii of you WiiU. Download any game you want to play and is available on the WiiU e. g. Super Mario World, Harvest Moon etc. Instead of paying full price you get discounts.

For Example: Instead of 7,99 you only pay 1,49 for Super Mario World. Rethink about giving those points away. ;)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
It's worth noting that Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure and Shanghai II were both removed from the North American Wii Shop Channel this week. I believe they were removed on 12-31, as the Euro press release referenced, but it's possible they weren't removed until today's update.

Tenki

Yeah I don't have the room on my 4 GB card it seems. Can you delete games from your 3DS and re-download them? I haven't touched Paper Mario or Animal Crossing in a while and I'd like to clean the fridge out.

Take care of your save game data. IIRC if you delete a game, you also delete the save game.

Be sure to make a back-up.

L~A

I thought we'd see the release of the Poke bank. :(

Nah, it wouldn't have been before the holidays... and that's for Japan only. They don't want their servers to die again :D

At least they have a wish list. I don't understand why Sony hasn't implemented one yet in their PSN store. :(

But what's the point of the wishlist? If only you could actually gift games...

So, 30-trial limit on Bravely Default demo.
That basically gives enough for one each day from now until the actual launch of the game.

Guess I know what's going to be open on my 3DS for pretty much every day between now and then.

Nah, don't burn yourself out on the demo, especially since the stuff you can actually transfer is pretty limited (just a bunch of items).

Yeah, but it would be even better if you could add the amount you want when you want, not just when you're buying a game. It'd be even better if you could pre-order a game... especially with the auto-download feature!

It says "Survey date: 20.11.2013" for both versions which means they got their rating recently, or am I reading this wrong? Maybe the USK hasn't updated the site to include the Wii U rating yet.

Yeah, that's really strange... wasn't it released in Germany before? Though really, it's further proof the USK needs to go away... useless.

Take care of your save game data. IIRC if you delete a game, you also delete the save game.

Be sure to make a back-up.

Nah, you now get the option to backup the save data when you go and delete and DL game. You can chose not to, if you really wish to.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, don't burn yourself out on the demo, especially since the stuff you can actually transfer is pretty limited (just a bunch of items).
From what I understand, it's different than the final game. So it may still be worth playing.

NeoRausch

OK, most of my Wiiu home menu is filled up now.
does it work like the 3DS and as another page when most of the menu is filled up?

organizing is a REAL hassle now with that little space to move stuff around.

FOLDERS GODDAMMIT!!!

Why you didn't told me that nes remix is that good? WHY?

than take those plugs out of your ears man!

Top Bottom