• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2012

Dragmire

Man, the world 3 labyrinth in Kid Icarus was a bitch and a half to navigate. I eventually broke out a pen and paper and drew my own map, old school style. I'm having a lot of fun with it overall, though the first three boss battles have been pathetically easy.
You know, the 3DS lets you take notes in the home menu during any game. Maybe not always as handy as pen and paper but I've used it. And everyone seems to forget about it.

@MUWANdo

Banned
You know, the 3DS lets you take notes in the home menu during any game. Maybe not always as handy as pen and paper but I've used it. And everyone seems to forget about it.

The dungeons in Kid Icarus also have their own map, provided you can find the parchment and buy a pencil and/or torch.

The dungeons in Kid Icarus also have their own map, provided you can find the parchment and buy a pencil and/or torch.

The in-game map is beyond useless. It doesn't even have frickin walls! I needed to draw my own map to tell which rooms let you go in which directions, which rooms were divided into two rooms, etc.

Metroid, Zelda, Excitebike, Kid Icarus.....

The 3DS is doing a pretty good job of destroying my opinions on the classics. I previously liked all of these but now..... not so much :(

Nintendo Power has Wario Land in the current issue so hopefully that means an American VC release in the next few weeks. Kirby's Block Ball was also confirmed Q1 irrc so that should be releasing real soon too.

backlot

The in-game map is beyond useless. It doesn't even have frickin walls! I needed to draw my own map to tell which rooms let you go in which directions, which rooms were divided into two rooms, etc.

Yeah, the last fortress area is full of one way doors. You need to take a very specific path to find the boss. The first two you can pretty much just wander around until you find the exit.

Anyway, I just beat the 3D classic. It's still super fun. Hopefully America gets the Gameboy Kid Icarus soon. I've still never played it.

What do I have to do to for Iwata to show up, aside from having Spotpass turned on?

Maybe it's an Aussie thing, but he doesn't wanna pay me a visit...

It's an anniversary thing, and I think the 3DS was released in Aussie land on the 31st. I'm sure he's booked in for a visit then. ;)

BowieZ

Banned
I definitely spent a while getting to the final boss in world 3 first as an eggplant but after that didn't find it too hard to get a sense of the flow of the rooms. Just avoiding eggplantification was the toughest part.

Wait, that was it? (Just finished Kid Icarus for the first time ever.) I feel ripped off, and I didn't even pay anything for it! I guess I was expecting the game to be a lot longer and more difficult.

Nintendo Power has Wario Land in the current issue so hopefully that means an American VC release in the next few weeks. Kirby's Block Ball was also confirmed Q1 irrc so that should be releasing real soon too.

Well if Block Ball is Q1, it only has the upcoming Thursday left to make it.

Greymanic

Neo Member
Just my monthly: Any news about VVVVVV or mutant mudds for europe?

Nothing new from what I've heard. VVVVVV is supposed to come out this month but I wouldn't be surprised if it kept getting pushed back like Cave Story. Didn't the Mutant Mudds devs they had no EU plans so getting it over here could take awhile?

NeoRausch

Nothing new from what I've heard. VVVVVV is supposed to come out this month but I wouldn't be surprised if it kept getting pushed back like Cave Story. Didn't the Mutant Mudds devs they had no EU plans so getting it over here could take awhile?
Awww man! I want them both. :(

zigg

Finally got some (small) time to try Diox last night and today. It's pretty fun! Particularly the mode with the color selection, though I wish there were some arrows indicating which is which—I do intellectually know which color goes on which direction, but when I have to switch I'll pick the wrong one sometimes. I'm reminded of Daigasso! Band Brothers' curved button indicators for A/B/X/Y—even the smallest hint helps.

I cleared the first zone on easy first, and am playing around a bit with normal and trying to get higher ranks. Looking like this'll easily be at least a four-star title in my book.

In a couple of weeks there's an indie development event in Spain organized by Nintendo where both Nicalis and Renegade Kid will show their new stuff. I'm sure we'll see a Mutant Mudds release in Europe soon.

Lijik

To people who have played both Samurai Sword Destiny and Diox, are they substantially different?

I haven't picked up either

I know its nothing new but I just need to say the fact that I can't transfer all my Wii VC, WiiWare, DLC and game saves to another Wii System is really annoying. I think my launch Wii is close to dying and I have over 120 WiiWare and VC titles on the damn thing. I know I can send in my system with a new one to Nintendo and they'll do it all for me, but I really shouldn't have to do that just to get access to stuff I paid alot of money for. All I can do is hope my Wii will make it to the WiiU launch and hopefully they'll have something sorted out for that like they did for the DSi->3DS transfer. But my god did they really not think this thing through

Uh, you can definitely transfer game saves by SD card. For your other stuff I'm pretty sure people have gotten Nintendo to transfer their games from one Wii to another by calling customer support and mailing their systems in to them. Kind of a hassle but at least it's better than nothing.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

backlot

Far from it (if you're referring to the recent 'surprise visit' in Mii Plaza).

On a different note: I just stumbled upon an interview about a dsiware-original Ace Mathician by GoodByeGalaxy (Flipper the Gold Fish) and my curiosity is suddenly tickled to extreme levels. A curve-fitting exercise disguised as a platformer has the potential of metric tonnes of fun for me.

After watching the trailer, I got the feeling that I would have loved Ace Mathician if it had come out when I was in high school. Graphing curves was always my one blind spot in math class.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This week Europe will get Game Gear games. Next week, we'll have Potzol's Puzzle, one week before US.

tsab

I know its nothing new but I just need to say the fact that I can't transfer all my Wii VC, WiiWare, DLC and game saves to another Wii System is really annoying. I think my launch Wii is close to dying and I have over 120 WiiWare and VC titles on the damn thing. I know I can send in my system with a new one to Nintendo and they'll do it all for me, but I really shouldn't have to do that just to get access to stuff I paid alot of money for. All I can do is hope my Wii will make it to the WiiU launch and hopefully they'll have something sorted out for that like they did for the DSi->3DS transfer. But my god did they really not think this thing through

I know it's not much but you can unlock/copy your saves with a homebrewed wii

jgkspsx

Finally got my KI3DC code. I was offended by the backgrounds in screenshots, but they look nice in reality. I cannot adjust the software 3D slider past 3, though - the depth is just too much!

Berordn

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but a Special gold pants Reggie is being distributed over Spotpass to Mii Plaza for the 1 year anniversary of the 3DS, in NA at least.

He's... kinda ugly. He does count as a Streetpass tag for the accomplishments, so get 'im while it's hot.

sakipon

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but a Special gold pants Reggie is being distributed over Spotpass to Mii Plaza for the 1 year anniversary of the 3DS, in NA at least.

He's... kinda ugly. He does count as a Streetpass tag for the accomplishments, so get 'im while it's hot.

Haha seriously, you guys got Reggie instead? Is he level 4 like I joked earlier?

DenisQc

He has got all puzzle pieces, even the pink ones!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I got Reggie on my US 3DS and Iwata on my PAL one. They both have every puzzle piece and shiny clothes.

Top Bottom