• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2012

Bullza2o

Okay, to correct myself from earlier, you can rehire Reggie. Apparently you can only use a hero once per day or something? I've only ever gotten two StreetPasses, so they're level 1 and there's no reason for me to have used the rehire feature before.
Wait where can I find this rehire option? I should have been using this all along! No wonder I've been stuck in Quest 1 forever..

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
OP updated.

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid | Demo Version) Latest release!

Wii | WiiWare

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• 90's Pool (CINEMAX | 200 Points | $1.99) Latest release!

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | Virtual Console

• Mega Man 5 (Capcom | NES | 500 Points) Latest release!

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Hints Hunter (CIRCLE Entertainment | 200 Points | €2.00 | £1.80) Latest release!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Mutant Mudd demo for me! I've been waiting to make a decision on it because my backlog is so huge, and now I properly can!

90sRobots

You're not missing much with Kid Icarus 3D Classics. It's a very poor, limited game and the 3D effects just aren't suited for such a simplistic game. Kirby's Adventure is an entirely different matter.

jokkir

Mutant Mudd is pretty awesome. The 3D effect is better than what I expected and the levels in the demo seem to be top notch. F*** that lava level though. Died so many times D:

Mega Man 5 is kind of tempting but after 4 being kind of a bore i'm not so sure.
Well at least they finally released it over here.

Roto13

Is Mutant Mudds actually announced to be getting a Euro release or are Europeans just assuming it's going to happen so they can be disappointed all the time?

backlot

You're not missing much with Kid Icarus 3D Classics. It's a very poor, limited game and the 3D effects just aren't suited for such a simplistic game. Kirby's Adventure is an entirely different matter.

I'll agree that it doesn't particularly benefit much from 3D but Kid Icarus is not a poor game.

GameE

I love NWR, but what was the frightening realization? We all know we're getting the shaft when it comes to VC games, but that isn't really a realization; just stating the obvious. The title just seems kind of misleading to me.
Yea I guess the title was bad but the article overall was a good read.

Gartooth

Dang, I wish we got Wario Land and Kid Icarus: of Myths and Monsters over here. Especially the latter, I just recently finished both Kid Icarus Uprising, and the original Kid Icarus for the first time. It would be great to get a chance to play the other game in the series.

Well the Wiiware demos went up from 1 last week to 28 or so, this week [Yurop].

No World of Goo demo though :x.

Anyone know what's up with that? That's the only one I wanted to be able to re-download :(.

Damn that demo sold me on Mutant Mudds.

Already got through 5 levels (1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3) and am really loving it. I love the fact thats its like Mario 64 in the way you can tackle any levl in any order after unlocking them with enough diamonds.

Speaking of which do you need all the diamonds to beat each level? i'm gonna do it anyway but just wondering...also I can't get to the secret worlds in 1-3,2-1,2-2,and 2-3, do you need some of the powerups to do them? i see them all but one of them is blocked by a wall and one of them is to far away to jump on.

Kinda weird that this doesn't have a manual, I mean it does with controls but thats it..no story in the manual, no decription of items and what they do...wtf...

But anyway its a great game and I am glad I bought it. Only problem, besides having no idea what items do in the shop/no manual is that it seems there are only a handful of levels. :( oh well totally worth it great game so far.

Speaking of which do you need all the diamonds to beat each level? i'm gonna do it anyway but just wondering...
Not that I'd ever noticed.

also I can't get to the secret worlds in 1-3,2-1,2-2,and 2-3, do you need some of the powerups to do them? i see them all but one of them is blocked by a wall and one of them is to far away to jump on.
Yes. You unlock some power-ups from your grandmother's house as you collect diamonds; a
gun that can have multiple bullets on screen at once and destroys certain otherwise indestructible blocks
, a
jetpack that lasts considerably longer than the default
, and a
different jetpack that has the default length, but also gives you a second, any-time jump that goes considerably higher

Not that I'd ever noticed.

Yes. You unlock some power-ups from your grandmother's house as you collect diamonds; a
gun that can have multiple bullets on screen at once and destroys certain otherwise indestructible blocks
, a
jetpack that lasts considerably longer than the default
, and a
different jetpack that has the default length, but also gives you a second, any-time jump that goes considerably higher

Thanks for the infos. So I need to beat most of the levels to unlock the items to get the secret levels. Good that I know since I won't spend 20+ minutes trying to figure out how to get to them lol.

Davey Cakes

Mutant Mudds demo is fun. It illustrates the difficulty hike pretty well. I liked the use of 3D and layering.

It was always on my radar and this demo solidified it as an eventual purchase, definitely.

90sRobots

I'll agree that it doesn't particularly benefit much from 3D but Kid Icarus is not a poor game.

It's an ambitious game with a great premise that is too hamstrung by its own limitations. To hell with those monoeyes; Pit's greatest enemy is memory limitations. Most of my deaths come from me falling in a newly-created pit. The endless grinding and wonky collision detection were tolerable when I was a tyke, but the game just doesn't hold up at all.

For those of you who missed out on the 3D Classics KI, you can still download it through Gamestop http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/dlc/3ds-classic-kid-icarus-dlc/99304

The whole point quota health system thing makes Kid Icarus unplayable for me. It looks like there's a decent game in there, but I can't get past that to enjoy it.

Believe me, I'd be happy to trade the two extra Virtual Console games we have for VVVVVV and Mutant Mudds..... I guess the grass is always greener.

We still haven't got Sakura Samurai, either. But hey, we got those two Game Boy games right? Clearly it's America that's always missing out on everything.

I couldn't disagree more. I think KI 3D Classics is very attractive and it is still quite fun. It's quite difficult but the 3D version is easier than the original. Like most 8-bit games, if you don't have nostalgia for the original it will be very dependent on your tastes.

isny

napkin dispenser
Thanks, time to get!

Two weeks without a new VC release sucks. They're just stalling at this point =/

My normal CC that I use for U.S. purchases doesn't seem to be working =(

Anyone from the states want to buy a copy for me? I'll PayPal you right away =)

I can't be the only one doing a double take (and then leaving very disappointed) every time one of these "Arc Style" games show up.

Skiesofwonder

So I just got 100% in the demo for Mutant Mudds. Guess I should buy the game. :p
Is it just the four levels and 100 diamonds to 100% it? I notice after collecting all the diamonds a new slot popped up over the first door, like there was more to clear... But I couldn't figure out what to do next (I was in a hurry because my next class was about to start).

Either way, the demo fully convinced me that I need this game BADLY. Love the pure platforming goodness, and the awesome Metroid-shooting feeling before you get your powers. Music is retro greatness as well.

Buying this next Tuesday when I have hours between classes to "waste" on this awesomeness. :) Damn my 3DS is getting worn out right now lol.

backlot

Is it just the four levels and 100 diamonds to 100% it? I notice after collecting all the diamonds a new slot popped up over the first door, like there was more to clear... But I couldn't figure out what to do next (I was in a hurry because my next class was about to start).

Each level has an entrance to a bonus level hidden somewhere in it. They might not all be accessible in the demo, though.

And for the four or so people who care, Nintendo Week's last episode was today.

Does that mean Nintendo Show 3D turns weekly? Or are they pausing while moving onto Wii U?

Roto13

Every level has an entrance to a hidden level in it, but the only level in the demo where the hidden level is accessible is the first one. (That's why it's the only one with three little slots above the door instead of two.)

Skiesofwonder

Every level has an entrance to a hidden level in it, but the only level in the demo where the hidden level is accessible is the first one. (That's why it's the only one with three little slots above the door instead of two.)
Oh ok awesome!! I'll go back and play through the bonus level then. Thanks to backlot as well for answering my question.

Top Bottom