• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2012

Davey Cakes

I can't say I'm too excited about Metroid since I already have it and haven't played it.
Yeah, I still have Metroid: Zero Mission in my GBA collection, and I can play it on my DS Lite. That takes care of both the superior remake and the original, for me. Even if the 3DS release was a 3D Classic I wouldn't be interested.

Zee-Row

Banned
Holy shit I see Double Dragon 2 listed for JPN Wii VC. Does that mean it'll come out in other territories too?

Wasn't the second level theme of Double Dragon 2 sounding similar to Phil Collin's "Easy Lover" a reason why Double Dragon 2 has never been re released here. They also took out one of the boss themes from the VC Arcade Ninja Gaiden because it sounded similar to Iron Man.

madmook

Wasn't the second level theme of Double Dragon 2 sounding similar to Phil Collin's "Easy Lover" a reason why Double Dragon 2 has never been re released here. They also took out one of the boss themes from the VC Arcade Ninja Gaiden because it sounded similar to Iron Man.
They can take that level's music out then if that's the issue, I don't care.

It's already confirmed for America, Aksys announced it late last year with DD GB.
Thanks for the info, I love you long time.

After DD2 on Wii VC and Wario Land on 3DS GameBoy VC comes out, my virtual console wishlist has been fulfilled.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Just a note to anyone having problems with loading times on your 3DS -- if you'd replaced the stock SD card with a class 10 SDHC, the card itself may be to blame.

Higher speed level cards are only ranked as faster when it comes to transferring large blocks of data (audio files, images, videos, etc..) Lower speed cards often trump them entirely when it comes to large numbers of randomly accessed, smaller files. One guy did a test and discovered his Class 2 card was writing and reading at 50-100x the speed of his class 8 and class 10 cards. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1005633)

I've heard this before, but it's worth mentioning as many folks assume that class 10 cards are the best card to get. I'm not sure you can make any blanket statement about it. I also don't know how the 3DS is doing SDHC access, although I'd -assume- it's being used as a file system.

Well I can certainly say I realise I appreciate being an ambassador a whole lot more when I go to the store now and have to pay $10NZ for a single (but awesome!) NES game lol.

Take for granted some times how cool it was to get 20 frick'n free games.

IrishNinja

ya'll got punch-out!!? damn, nice. it's funny that handheld gaming for me has mostly been visual novel stuff and more casual pick-up-and-play which NES shit clearly fits in, in my mind. so weird.

speaking of! my ambassador 3DS should show up tomorrow, cant wait to get dem games. i'dve gone in for the GBA ones alone, NES stuff is just icing in the cake (with some great picks in there too).

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I just realized something...

I believe this is the first week that the Wii Shop hasn't had a new title available. Yes, there is a new DEMO, but that's not a game.

I'm not sure about that (yes, I know that I have all the data in a spreadsheet -- comparing that against a list of weeks is annoying), as I think there MAY have been a "no game" week when the first wave of demos appeared. I'm not sure about that.

The Wii has entered into a brave new world...

Capndrake

Next week's EU update is, according to the Nintendo Channel:

Wii VC: Mega Man X (SNES)
3DS VC: Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB)
DSiWare: 1001 Blockbusters, Successfully Learning Mathematics Year 5

Finally my near year long wait is drawing to a close, Mega Man X will finally be mine, i'm expecting great things from this game.

While i'm putting wii points on the machine i'm thinking of trying Castlevania the adventure rebirth, is it recommended?

Fun Fun Minigolf Touch! is also coming to the EU eShop next week according to its eShop trailer.

By the way, the Mario & Sonic demo is pretty good. SEGA is killing it with 3DS demos, they've already sold me on two games!

Roto13

Mario and Sonic only gets hate because it's a minigame collection and hardcore gamerz rawr minigames are for soccer moms shooters and boobs and blood and hardcoooooooooore

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I have 10 bucks to drop on a 3ds eshop game, I enjoyed Sakura Samurai a great deal.

I own nothing else though. What is top tier? :)

Boney

Banned
Mario and Sonic only gets hate because it's a minigame collection and hardcore gamerz rawr minigames are for soccer moms shooters and boobs and blood and hardcoooooooooore

I like minigames, but the original M&S and this demo are pretty much sterile boring stuff. There's nothing to them at all. Hell, I have a Rhythm Heaven avatar, why would I be hating on minigames

Insaniac

Hey guys, I need some opinions on Rolling Western (is it tower defense?) and Mighty switch force. Both look intriguing, but i'm wary of spending my money

I have the feeling I will burn in hell, suffering enormous pains and torture, for downloading Freaky Forms.
It's so bizzare and creepy. what the hell were they thinking?

I have the feeling I will burn in hell, suffering enormous pains and torture, for downloading Freaky Forms.

Im not sure its still there but there was a iwata asks about it on the e-shop. Really good.

M-PG71C

Damn, the North American VC system is really sucking ass right now. I been waiting on Kirby's Block Ball for fucking forever, alongside Wario Land and KDL2.

We got Maru's Mission, which I bought. Yeah. That was an interesting couple hours.

Henke

Unless something more interesting comes out on the EU VC/eShop I'll probably just catch up on previous months stuff and check out Wario Land and Mighty Switch Force.

zigg

JOIN US

And that reminds me, since I finally made my 80th Formee, I have a bunch of QR codes remaining to post... will do that shortly :)

(EDIT: a taste...)

kxhS4.jpg

Love that game. I would agree that Pushmo is better and has a wider appeal, but Freakyforms is really great in its own right.

Berordn

not this gen

Dawn of Sorrow came out in 2005 and Order of Ecclesia came out in 2008. How is that not this gen?

I don't really know anything about this one, isn't it basically a rehash with most of its content ripped directly from earlier games? (Well I suppose that's true of every Iga Vania)

All the base game assets come from the other IGAvanias but none of it is a direct rehash. Some of the DLC is, but that's all.

But it was concurrent with the Wii, which Adventure Rebirth came out on a year after OoE. If the Wii is "this gen," how is the DS not?
A system stops being "current gen" when its successor comes out. (Or when it ceases production in the case of the Dreamcast.)

Capndrake

More game removals, Drop Off, Bloody Wolf and Silent Debuggers (All TG16) are no longer available in North America and will be removed on the 6th in Japan together with Makai Hakkenden Shada, Override and Winning Shot (Also all TG16). No signs of the first three being removed in Europe, they're still available at the moment.

More game removals, Drop Off, Bloody Wolf and Silent Debuggers (All TG16) are no longer available in North America and will be removed on the 6th in Japan together with Makai Hakkenden Shada, Override and Winning Shot (Also all TG16). No signs of the first three being removed in Europe, they're still available at the moment.
Hmm, these all seem to be Data East/G-Mode, according to Wiki (at least the NA ones).

I love the DS CVs, but I honestly liked ReBirth more. It's sad that M2's ReBirth line stopped short, I'd have loved Salamander and maybe even Goemon, Parodius and Metal Gear.

Top Bottom